Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages (26470 Views)

Kenyan Woman Stabs Her Husband To Death Over Phone Text Messages / I Killed My Wife Over Suspicious Text Messages On Her Phone – Husband / Police Flee In Sapele As Okada Men Go On Rampage After Death Of Colleague (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by omobs(m): 2:01pm On Nov 06, 2017
Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by AntiWailer: 2:01pm On Nov 06, 2017
na dem from the ....
Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by joeferrari(m): 2:02pm On Nov 06, 2017
Scammers on rampage some people will still fall prey to this tricks . simply ask who ever is in charge of customer care unit to tell you the name of your bank,what branch the account was opened,how much is your closing balance,headquarters of your bank etc . you will see they will hang up.
This scams are carried out mostly on weekends so be wise
Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by Jadeng: 2:02pm On Nov 06, 2017
Here's my suggestion;
Post all those numbers they use here...
"Ala akpa ma sise"

1 Like

Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by Mysselff2: 2:03pm On Nov 06, 2017
kolawolepet:

As Deposit Money Banks in the country continue to lobby the Office of the Attorney General of the Federation to prevail on the Federal Government to back down on the plan to seize monies in the bank accounts of customers without the Bank Verification Number, scammers have capitalised on the situation to fleece unsuspecting bank customers.

Investigations show that bank names are being cloned to appear as GSM numbers, through which the scammers send text messages to customers.

The text messages usually come through the same phone numbers with which customers receive alerts on their accounts when sent by their banks.

One of such messages sent to our correspondent Monday morning reads: “Dear customer, as regard to cashless policy, your account, ATM has been locked due to change in date of birth. To activate, call customer care 08118111105 to rectify.”

When our correspondent called the phone number — 08118111105 — that accompanied the text message, a man who identified himself as Femi Johnson and who claimed to work in the headquarters of a first generation bank picked it.

He demanded to know the content of the text message, and when told, asked to know where the caller resides.

He hung up on our correspondent when the latter insisted that he should check the account details she maintains with the bank if, truly, Johnson was representing the bank.

It may be recalled that banks maintain that they will never ask for account details from customers, whether through phone calls, email, or text messages.

Again, customers who maintain accounts with banks are encouraged to contact the banks directly if they have issues to clarify concerning their money or bank account.

Source:- http://www.exclusivepp.com.ng/bvn-scammers-go-rampage-fake-text-messages/

It's true ,you see it's my lunchtime so I called him and dribbled him,he thought he had seen a mugu,then I burst his bubble

Nairalanders you can have fun with him,call him and give him some headache.Yahoo boys I know you will not call so please don't quote me,for those that want to call him and give him headache please call 08118111105

1 Like

Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by Upleeke(m): 2:05pm On Nov 06, 2017
I too received such Message from a Scammer with this message this, " ALERTS-DEAR CUSTOMER,YOUR ATM CARD & ACCT*******HAS BEEN BLOCK DUE TO BVN SYSTEM ERROR; KINDLY CALL OUR HELPLINE 090666555841>> TO OPEN IT BEFORE 24HRS THANKS" and received a SMS through MTN LINE 09064740570 .

PLEASE HOW CAN WE GET THESE SCAMMERS FEOM THIS DUBIOUS ACT ?

THIS IS GETTING OUT F HANDS AND OUR NETWORK PROVIDERS AND NCC CAN NOT DO ANYTHING ON BEHALF OF THE CITIZENS.
Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by opius: 2:09pm On Nov 06, 2017
At least i received 3 of such messages in a week , but trust me i usually reply them with this "Thunder with fire fall on you "

1 Like

Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by ladensmith(m): 2:15pm On Nov 06, 2017
Bankers are always behind this scam.... they give out details of customers to fraudsters.

1 Like

Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by agarawu23(m): 2:16pm On Nov 06, 2017
They are hitting it big when the message lands on illiterate phone like the woman dey wiped her pension fund of over 500k after sending them her bvn.
Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by 9jatatafo(m): 2:17pm On Nov 06, 2017
Just play prank with them. I got this silly messages always.

1 Like

Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by agarawu23(m): 2:17pm On Nov 06, 2017
ladensmith:
Bankers are always behind this scam.... they give out details of customers to fraudsters.
I am suspecting this also. All these bankers are thieves too..,...

2 Likes

Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by columbus007(m): 2:17pm On Nov 06, 2017
One of such text grin

Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by ladensmith(m): 2:18pm On Nov 06, 2017
rabonni:
Pleaase take time to advice the aged people in the rural area they fall for this more.

All these local yahoo will never end well in life
Not the sim reg. exercise but the bankers.... They give out details to fraudsters.
Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by Enskynelson(m): 2:22pm On Nov 06, 2017
dfrost:
You can only get scammed if you greedy. Simple.
Not always true. And not even in this contest.
Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by kazzy4u(m): 2:35pm On Nov 06, 2017
Dear customer as regard to cashless policy,Your Account,ATM has been Locked due to change in date of birth,to Activate call customer care 08118888122 to rectify. this d msgs I got too
Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by dfrost: 2:36pm On Nov 06, 2017
SnakeXenzia:
false

Prove it's false.
Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by dfrost: 2:37pm On Nov 06, 2017
Enskynelson:

Not always true. And not even in this contest.

Really? Please prove me wrong. I stand to be corrected.
Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by Oladipo1166(m): 2:39pm On Nov 06, 2017
this the message I received.

Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by Royalfurnitures: 2:54pm On Nov 06, 2017
I believe they have insiders in banks,backing them and supplying them info.

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture
Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 06, 2017
They scammerd my friend with fake SMS 2days ago.. Btc seller..

Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by HAH: 2:58pm On Nov 06, 2017
ladensmith:
agarawu23:
agarawu23:
9jatatafo:
Just play prank with them. I got this silly messages always.
not really, if it is bankers that give the information then it should be accurate, I mean they will know your name , account number, date of birth, etc but as it is most they don't have such information, most probably they got your number somewhere on the internet eg nairaland.or through phishing
Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by ivolt: 3:12pm On Nov 06, 2017
rabonni:
Pleaase take time to advice the aged people in the rural area they fall for this more.

All these local and foreign yahoo will never end well in life

Fixed
Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by Kakamorufu(m): 3:13pm On Nov 06, 2017
I still got one 2 days ago. I just laff and delete d message
Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by Enskynelson(m): 3:19pm On Nov 06, 2017
dfrost:

Really? Please prove me wrong. I stand to be corrected.

A man calls u claiming to be a staff of your bank and claims also that your account has been blocked and u need to provide your account details for your account to be unblocked. Where is the greed if you provide the info?
Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by Behappie(m): 3:37pm On Nov 06, 2017
Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by udatso: 3:59pm On Nov 06, 2017
Hnmmm

1 Like

Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by greeting003(m): 4:05pm On Nov 06, 2017
I nearly fall a victim

check my siggy for your any examination scratch cards

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Police Reunite "One-Chance" Victims With Family (Photos) / Prophet Commits Suicide Inside Kirikiri Prison / Niger State Taskforce Shaves Men's Hair With Scissors By Force (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.