Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,927 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

2019: The Dawn Of A New Era - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 2019: The Dawn Of A New Era (486 Views)

Unexpected Joy At Dawn (2018 Edition) By Alex Agyei Pdf Copy Needed / Before The Dawn. / "The Dawn Of A Neoteric 365 Days" A Poem By: Sammy Opeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2019: The Dawn Of A New Era by Biggestjoe(m): 8:39pm On Nov 06, 2017
2019: THE DAWN OF A NEW ERA
A QUICK STORY
There is this big country located in the west side of Africa. Its general population is broadly divided into two major groups - The ruling elites and The ordinary citizens. The ruling elites make up less than 10% of the general population yet they rule over the ordinary citizens. The ordinary citizens are blessed with an arsenal of intellectuals that have what it takes to bring about true national success but they look up to the elites for leadership. The ruling elites are kleptomaniacs who have no other interest in life order than to continue to remain in power and to steal from the commonwealth of the people. As a matter of fact, despite their very small population size, they are still stupendously richer than the cumulative wealth of the ordinary citizens. More than 65% of the ordinary citizens live in abject poverty. The ruling elites rule even though they don’t know the first thing about leadership. They occupy the leadership position to be served instead of serving the people that put them there. They built a wall between them and the ordinary citizens. The only time the elites become friendly to the ordinary citizens is during election periods. They come to them like sheep in wolves’ clothing. General elections are held once every four years. The ordinary citizens usually wait for the elites to present to them candidates with zero credibility from among their cycle so as to vote as their new leaders. They candidates excite the ordinary citizens with ridiculous promises and they ignorantly accept them. They make the ordinary citizens feel important by telling them how their vote is their power. After winning the elections, they completely forget about the ordinary citizens and simply move on with live as usual. Then, another four years of hardship would follow with so much weeping and gnashing of teeth all over the country. The ordinary citizens are very efficient in complaining. They would complain and curse all they want but the ruling elites won’t pay them any attention. When is finally time for another election, they ordinary citizens would naturally wait for the same ruling elites to give them another crooked candidate to vote for. They candidates would wash them with another round of ridiculous promises and they would unrepentantly fall for all of them. Then, the same thing would happen again, even worse. It's actually a vicious cycle. They never learn. They keep doing the same thing over and over again hoping to get a different result. They act that way because they are under the illusion that the country belongs to only the elites. So, the rich continues to get richer while the poor continue to get poorer. They fail to recognize the tremendous power they have. Just like Myles Munroe once said, “When purpose is not known, abuse is inevitable.” God gave them brains to use to solve their problems but the ordinary citizens in the story would rather use their brains only to pray to Him. They want God to leave heaven and come down to solve their problems for them. They fail to realize that there were people that lived before them that once thought prayers was all that was needed to make their country better. The people prayed, they died and they were all forgotten. The country only got worse.
My people perish for lack of knowledge Hosea 4:6.
I wish that the short incredible story above is fiction but unfortunately, these days reality is painfully clear - It hits you hard right in the face. That story is indeed our reality. It is time for us to rewrite history. Tables must turn in 2019.
What is Democracy?
Abraham Lincoln defined Democracy as a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Going by that definition, democracy is actually a great idea. Democracy is not democracy if one of the components of that definition is missing or modified to something else. Now, go back to that definition once more. Who do you think are the "people" that Abraham was talking about? The ruling elites? The ordinary citizens? All over the world, different countries use different methods to actualize democracy. In Nigeria, we have not yet experienced true democracy because of our methods of actualizing it. I honestly don't think politics is a good method to actualize democracy and Nigeria is a perfect example of why I think so. To me, politics is the oldest con game in the world. We have actually been playing politics with our lives and the future of our dear country without even realizing it.
Democracy cannot consist solely of elections that are nearly always fictitious and managed by rich landowners and professional politicians - Che Guevara speech, Uruguay, 1961
We have been conditioned to think that democracy is an end to it self but it's actually not.
In John Dewey's view, democracy is a moral ideal requiring actual efforts and work by people. It is not an institutional concept that exists outside ourselves. "The task of democracy is forever that of creation of a freer and more humane experience in which all share and to which all contribute."
Karl Popper saw democracy as an opportunity for the people to control their leaders and to oust them without the need for a revolution.
I'm sure you are beginning to picture where I’m going with this. Keep reading please.
Let me quickly address certain national issues before I finally get to the crux of my treatise.
Dear Leaders
I never thought I would be writing this article someday, but here we are. With the way our country is going, it has become imperative for someone like me to speak up. Our founding fathers fought (with their lives) for the independence of our beloved country many years ago but I bet they are all turning in their graves today. Where we are today couldn't have been what they envisioned many years ago. It wouldn’t have been worth dying for. After 57years of independence, can we truly say we are independent? If we can say that, then who are we deceiving? We depend on other nations for almost everything. What exactly have we been able to get right? Is it in our health sector? What about our educational sector? Maybe electricity? Or perhaps security? I could go on and on but I would rather not because it's a really sad list. I have completely lost confidence in all of you. I no longer look up to you, I now look past you. Ask yourselves, can you honestly say you are doing a great job? If traveling abroad doesn't require visa and is totally free of charge would anybody remain in this country you claim you are running? Have several seats and let me tell you what great leaders do. Great leaders make their country conducive for their citizens and foreigners to live in. They create good government policies for businesses to thrive. They create equal opportunities for everybody in their country. They don’t run to other countries to seek for medical care, instead, they make the hospitals in their countries to function optimally for everybody. They make their country a place where everybody would love to stay and not a place where people want to run away from. South Africans are killing our people like chickens in their country but guess what? They still won't come back home because the living condition there is by far better than what we have here. In fact, I would have to write another article on what great leaders do because it is beyond the scope of this discourse. Your leadership style is costing us the brain drain we are currently experiencing in the country. What's more, your leadership style is also divisive. It's no surprise we have groups agitating for Biafra/IPOB, Nigeria Delta Republic, Oduduwa republic, Arewa group and so on. And you think that the best way to handle the situation is by threatening to kill them? That’s like pouring more oil into the divisive flames. But what do you know? I hope you can see for yourselves that your leadership style is also diabolical. I’m not trying to justify anybody's actions but people are going to react differently to bad situations and these reactions (either negative or positive) are to be expected especially when you are making them to experience a human form of a natural disaster with your poor leadership style. The whole country would definitely erupt with vibrations.
I don’t even want to talk about the on and off strikes that is rocking the entire nation - NLC, ASUU, NMA, JOHESU etc.
I recently read an article titled – Corruption: Nigerian’s giant struggle; written by Fola Ojo and published by Punchng, I came across this statement credited to a great leader - “I hear Nigeria makes the metaphorical claim as the Giant of Africa. That claim, I make bold to say, is not only unfounded but absurd. Forgive my observation. That country’s claim of giant hood is only proved by the relative size of its population. Forty-eight years after bidding farewell to colonial rule, that nation is still struggling to get on its feet, like a toddler. Nigeria has clearly failed to be the beacon of hope for other African nations. Will the Nigerian people ever speak of their country as that where leaders make unselfish calculations that prepare them for the challenges of the global economy? Will they ever speak of a nation where every child, male and female, has the right to achieve his or her dream? So long as people are trapped in poverty, so long as there are evidences of gross marginalization of certain regions, so long as opportunities are open, but not for all, the dream of a true nation will remain out of reach.” The great leader is no other than Barrack Obama and I couldn’t agree more with him.
I know that not all of our politicians are bad but the political parties we have are dominated by people that are bad to the core. Nothing good can ever come out of that kind of configuration. It would just be business as usual. This country cannot afford to go through another four years of bad leadership. It would certainly collapse.
You have succeeded in hijacking the whole country with your wicked schemes.
I have being patiently waiting for the passing of touch moment to come but your actions have clearly shown that it would never happen. I know better now, the touch is never passed, it is taken. You keep reshuffling yourselves and you don't give a damn if the country burns to the ground. Why would you care? Your children are citizens of other nations and you are only preparing yourselves for the eventual breakup Nigeria. That's why you are all interested in grabbing all you can now without laying down any concrete plan for the future of our country. You’ve turned Nigeria into a consuming nation instead of a productive nation. You have left us with no choice other than to step in to save Nigeria from your evil grip.
I shake my head in disbelief every time I hear or read that you are fighting corruption because to you, fighting corruption is just another avenue to score cheap political points against your perceived political enemies. How can corruption fight corruption? Darkness can't chase out darkness, only light can make darkness to disappear. The fight against corruption should be holistic. Anything short of that is a sham. You have only succeeded in showing us the tip of the iceberg. We, the people of Nigeria are not impressed. We are interested in seeing the entire iceberg that you have failed to show us. I'm fully aware that many of you have used public funds to build houses and established private businesses for yourselves. You gave yourselves immunity so that you can do as you please. Some of you now feel like they are above the law (the so called untouchables). You don't even hide to steal anymore. You do it in the open. For example let’s take a close look at what is happening at the state house clinic. I'm a medical doctor and I know exactly what N3bn can do in a hospital if used judiciously. It can turn the state house clinic into a world class hospital, fully equipped with state of the art medical facilities. Oh, did I forget to mention that I heard that the state house clinic can't boast of a single syringe? I'm sure there would be another budgetary allocation for the clinic next year. This is the litmus test to show why nothing is working in the country. Why are we so wasteful in this country? Why are we behaving so badly? This shows the extent of moral decadence in the system and the urgent need for a total overhaul. We can't allow impunity to continue in this country because it is killing us faster than any disease in the world. There are many other questions that are begging for answers. They are all open public knowledge. It is a shame that Nigeria is now the poster child for corruption. Our leaders have normalized corruption in Nigeria. We can't continue like this in this country else we will hit rock bottom. No nation can survive with this kind of attitude towards public funds. Corrupt elements must be made to get their comeuppance.
I believe that every serious nation that is ready to fight corruption must set aside a period reserved for checks and total recovery. Here is what I propose. There should be a six month period for amnesty during which every past public official would be given the grace to return every looted public fund in his/her possession.
Such willing persons should be granted unconditional pardon. After the six month period of amnesty, a full fledge war should be declared against corruption. I grew up watching Oputa panel. A panel like that should be set up to thoroughly investigate every past administration. Any past public official that diligently served the country with integrity should be given a national award. Those found wanting should be made to face the full wrath of the law. Nobody is bigger than the country and its laws. We are not running a lawless society. Not even the dead can escape probing when the time for accountability comes. Frankly, it would make the job easier as dead men can't lie.
I believe accountability is an obligation for every public official. They owe it to the people that voted them into power. It is not something that should be begged for. It should be demanded if the public officials are not forthright with it.
I'm also tired of the daily exchange between APC and PDP. Positive criticism must be a big deal. All you do is insult yourselves. I kid you not, I woke up one morning and the first two headlines I saw on my timeline where – 1. Lai Mohammad looks and sounds like a drunken monkey and garrulous chimpanzee – FFK, 2. Yahaya Bello is suffering from the most chronic form of madness – Dino Melaye. You all are comedy I swear. What exactly are you teaching the younger generation? Hate? I bet you don't know that leadership is by example. On a second thought, I really believe that you will all do well as whistle blowers.
We have being begging you for good governance for many years but you refused to listen to us. Many people have died begging still nothing happened. The situation in the country only got worse. Let’s be logical now, what do you think we are going to do in 2019? Beg you?
Re: 2019: The Dawn Of A New Era by Biggestjoe(m): 8:40pm On Nov 06, 2017
Dear Religious Leaders
Nigerians look up to you for directions in life. It is quite unfortunate that the churches we have today have unwittingly enmeshed themselves in politics. It’s a shame that we now have APC and PDP churches. Churches are all about money these days, it doesn’t even matter where the money comes from. This is the very core reason why churches are preaching the wrong messages today. The spirit of God would depart from you the moment you start associating with darkness. Stop anointing criminals because of money. No matter how big your church is, if it was built with the proceeds of corruption, it can never be the body of Christ. I know the fattest offerings, tithes and donations you get comes from crooked politicians but we are all in trouble when the church’s hunger and thirst for money is so high to the extent of giving these criminals the highest respect in the house of God.. What do you expect the members to do? You go to church these days and see people praying earnestly to God to bless them with money (you can call it financial breakthrough if euphemism is your thing). I always feel like I’m in the wrong gathering every time I witness that happen. At times, I wonder what their motivation in life is. Is it money? Is it fame? Remember that the richest man (King Solomon) in the history of life didn't become rich by asking God for money (riches). He only asked God for wisdom to lead His people. Ever wonder why the poverty rate in Nigeria keeps increasing? It’s simple, our pastors have placed so much emphasis on money and they are preaching the wrong messages to the children of God. . They confound the success of the church with earthly riches (regardless of its source). They are also very proud and pompous; they will never admit that they are capable of making mistakes.
You preach to your members that the witches and the wizards from their villages are the reason why they can’t prosper in life but you fail to see the dark cloud that was used to cover the destiny of the entire country by our political leaders. To me, that is the truest definition of demonic possession. I guess they have used looted money to blind your eyes. Your judgments are now impaired. Please leave the witches and wizards in the villages because they are inconsequential. Focus on saving our country from bad leadership. Rededicate yourselves to God so as to hear from Him.
Dear Muslims, I may not have firsthand knowledge of what happens at mosques but I do know that we all worship the same God even if our methods are different. I call on our Imams to always ensure that our people get the right messages.
God will help us in this country.
Dear Reno Omokiri
I really see you as one who is highly enlightened. I have read many of your articles and they make loads of sense to me but I don't necessarily respect all of your opinions because they are not always objective and unbiased. You are a Pastor for Christ sake. Can't you see the darkness that is PDP? Be honest to yourself, sentiments aside, do you really believe that PDP is not a demonic party with an evil agenda for Nigeria? Come to think about it, what's the difference between APC and PDP? They basically are the same with practically the same ideologies. That's why it is very easy for a crooked politician to switch between parties. As a matter of fact there's PDP in APC and vice versa. So, what are we talking about?
We would be doomed if we ever allow PDP or APC to return to power. With due respect sir, to me, your many posts are just desperate attempts to protect your selfish interests. Come on now, our people are starving because their so called leaders robbed them silly in broad day light. When I say people are starving, I don't mean they normal hunger you feel just before you get food for yourself to eat. No. I'm talking about real hunger that started from God knows when and then there is no hope whatsoever of getting anything to eat. That's what I’m talking about Remo. Kwashiorkor and marasmus are killing innocent children. They can't even access proper health care not to talk of education. Civil servants are committing suicide every other day because they are denied their wages for months. How do you all sleep at night? These people would be willing to sell their votes for just one cup of garri. They are only in search of their next meal. That’s all what matters to them. They have been trapped in poverty and they can't help themselves. That's exactly what poverty and hunger does to a human being. It reduces you to nothing. Our politicians are only taking advantage of the situation. Everything is politics to them. And what are you doing? You are having a time of your life traveling from one country to another. It's time to stop playing politics with the lives of people. Condemn what is evil. People can't be doing anyhow in this country and expect to get away with it. We must recover all that was stolen from the people of Nigeria and we would use it to end poverty forever. I really do hope your hands are clean Remo.
Re: 2019: The Dawn Of A New Era by Biggestjoe(m): 8:47pm On Nov 06, 2017
Dear Celebrities
I greet you all. I know you are all busy at the moment trying to put out shows for next month (the month of festivities) so as to make some bucks for yourselves. I trust our comedians; they don't waste time at all. I call them the live wire of the Nigerian entertainment. Okay, back to the matter at hand. It is a shame if you don't notice the times that we are in. We are actually not in a festive period at the moment. Our country is gradually falling apart. This is a time for sober reflection. 2019 is upon us and we need to get ready for it. The people of this great country look up to you. Please, use your shows to unite Nigerians. Some of our comedians be like “Hey, look everybody; I can make jokes out of our leaders. Indeed, we are practicing democracy in our country. Our leaders are the most gracious leaders." Is that what democracy means to some of you? Well, news flash!!! Every time our politicians make you laugh at their public show of utter foolishness, they crack you a frown on your face in the near future. It is like a debt you must pay in the future. This is 100% guaranteed. The joke is actually on us. The problem we have is that we fail to realize the tremendous power we have that's why we are begging them for good governance. What are we doing at the moment to solve our many problems? We only complain that’s all, nobody is doing anything. We are all waiting to vote in our problems yet again come 2019. And the cycle would continue. When exactly is the right time to say enough is enough? When exactly is the right time to draw a line? Is it when it is too late? Remember a stitch in time saves nine. We have only one collective responsibility in 2019 and that is to kick out bad leaders for good. We can’t afford to fail this time around. We must get it right this time. If our country is ever going to amount to anything, the time to act is now.
I would love to commend some of you
I have the utmost respect for the Noble Laureate, Professor Woke Soyinka. Thank you sir for all your efforts thus far in ensuring sanity in the society we live in. More blessings sir.
Charlie Boy Oputa (aka Area father). I respect your movement - "Our Mumu Don Do" a lot. Please don't stop. Nigeria needs people like you.
Sowore of Sahara reporters, you are doing an amazing job sir. Please continue preaching the truth.
Tuface Idibia, you have used your talent to advocate for good governance time and time again. I know that the fire is in you regardless of what anybody says. Don't allow anybody to extinguish that fire in you. Let it continue to burn.
Alibaba, you have used your voice to advocate for good governance. I can attest to that. Please don’t stop sir.
Ruggedman, I have personally read some of your tweets. You have a strong voice. Keep doing you.
Seyi Law, you came out that day to speak for the people. I saw you. You are a true soldier at heart. God bless you.
Sound Sultan, you are an advocate for social justice to the core. The time to do more has come.
Eedris Abdulkareem, I wish we have more artists that are as bold as you. The time to fix the jagajaga in Nigeria has come.
Black Face, I appreciate your contribution to the struggle. Let's work together to finally end the hard life in Naija.
Daddy Showkey, I hail sir. You always speak up for your people. God bless you sir.
Femi Kuti, this list won’t be complete without your name. I respect the legendary Fela Kuti so much I instantly extend that same amount of respect to anybody I see portraying that Fela vibe. May God bless you and the entire Kuti family forever.
Special shout out to the following movements
EIENigeria
BudgIT
Our Mumu Don Do
Please pardon me if I didn't mention your name. It wasn’t intentional. The bottom line is we all need to do more. It is time to take our destiny into our hands. God bless us all.
My Dear Nigerians in Diaspora
Hello over there. I greet you all. You make all of us here very proud. We celebrate in our own little ways every time we receive cheering news of the boundaries you are break over there. I know a good number of you have vowed never to return home. Believe me, I know exactly how it feels to be unappreciated by your own people. I beg you all to reconsider your decisions. This is the only country that is truly ours and it’s our responsibility to develop it. We all fail if our country fails. Please come back let's build our country together. We need some of you in strategic positions. Nigeria needs your inputs now more than ever. Together, we can build a Nigeria that we and the generations to come will all be proud of. A Nigeria that other African countries would be proud to call the giant of Africa.
Dear Security Operatives
We really appreciate all your efforts in trying to make Nigeria a save place for all of us. Your sacrifices would never go unnoticed. However, the fight for social justice and an egalitarian society does not exclude you in any way. It is a just cause for everybody. Ask yourselves; are you really happy with your job? Can't you see that the salary you are receiving have practically reduced you to the level of asking/begging for N20 bribes on our roads? Where is your dignity? Don't you have self-esteem? Of course I know you are not happy with your job. I've seen you time and time again taking out your frustrations on poor unarmed innocent citizens. Know from today that as you carry out your daily duties, you fall into one of the categories below;
1. You are working to make Nigeria worse than what it is today
2. You are working to maintain status quo in Nigeria, or
3. You are working to make Nigeria better than what it is today.
You know how corrupt our leaders are but yet you protect them. You allow them to use you to silence the voices of those that ask pertinent questions, forgetting that it’s them against us.
Know where you belong in the scheme of things and most importantly, know yourselves. As the saying goes, an unexamined life is not worth living. - Socrates
The Media
A big shout out to all the media outlets we have; the print media, the electronic media, and social media. Thank you so much for keeping us informed.
To Channels TV, you guys are the bomb forever. Please don't stop what you are doing.
To Sahara Reporters, you guys are fearless and bold with the truth. You inspire me a lot. Keep doing you.
To Linda Ikeji, you are such a courageous lady and I'm a big fan of you. Keep informing us darling.
To Nairaland, even if I don’t comment on the blog, you remain my number one online home. Nairaland rocks big time.
To Vanguard, Punch, The Guardian, The Nation, Thisday news, Premium times, Daily Trust, Tribune etc., God bless you all.
The work isn't done yet, there is so much that needs to be done. Let's do more.
Fellow Nigerians
I greet the great people of Nigeria. The time of suffering and smiling while our leaders squander taxpayers money on frivolities and the maintenance of their flamboyant lifestyles is over.
I feel the daily pains that hard working Nigerians go through because of corruption. This is unacceptable. The take home pay of civil servants can't even take them home. Unemployment is at an all-time high. Graduates are hopeless. Nepotism has eating deep into the fabrics of our country we now see it as normal. Pensioners have been forgotten. I could go on and on but we all know the hardship we are facing, more so, it is not my intention to go over them in this article. We are all victims and survivors of bad leadership. What have they done to us? Have they succeeded in making us weak to the point that we can no long think for ourselves? We all know that it has always been them against us, my question is have we decided to allow them to continue to win over us? Our problem is that we are always reactive and never proactive.
We have an inept government on ground.
The only thing that is sustaining this country is oil money. God showed us a very serious sign last year when there was a drop in the price of crude oil, how states started owing salaries and the way the wages of workers became a privilege and no more a right. I got really scared. Something needs to be done immediately to prevent a future reoccurrence. We need sound intellectuals to help diversify our economy ASAP.
It shocks me to my bones that the whole country is still waiting for APC and PDP to play politics with them again. What else do we still want to hear from them? Haven't we learnt our lessons? Some Nigerians now segregate themselves into two funny groups; the association of zombies and the wailers club… my God!
My generation has been reduced to mouse potatoes. Many just sit idly waiting to bully people on the internet just to feel good about themselves (the so called savages) . Then we have the corporate beggars clubs. Many are into cybercrimes. And then there is the association of slay queens. It is a really sad generation, I weep every day. We need a reformation. If APC and PDP is all we have in 2019, then I'm afraid, there is absolutely no hope for my generation and the generations to come. APC and PDP are not even worthy to be considered as options. 2019 is approaching and the same old faces of corruption that we all hate have shamelessly started to show us their faces and we are busy smiling back at them. Some of us that are very forward have started to make smart predictions of how the elections would pan out with the faces of corruption in Nigeria as our only options.
Even if the bandits make a good man with a humble background their front man, nothing good can ever come out of it because the individual would only end up becoming a mere figure head. We all have been blindsided by these people for far too long. If you know the intricacies of politics you will know that you are voting in a party and not an individual. The political parties we have on ground today are chiefly controlled by people that are bad to the core, people that don't have the best interest of Nigerians at heart (you call them the cabal). The previous administration/mistake was meant to teach us something.
We all heard what Aisha Buhari said at that BBC interview last year. She said and I quote "When it comes to putting people in certain positions, most of these people that are occupying some agencies number (1) nobody knows them; number (2) they don’t know our party manifesto; they don’t know what we campaigned for…They don’t have a mission. They don’t have a vision.” You thought she was just making noise? May God bless that woman forever for that singular act of honesty. Yet, there's more. Recently, she made public the evil that is going on in the state house clinic. I love people like our first lady that are bold enough to speak the truth from such quarters. My respect for her is unflinching. We need to appreciate such people that are true to themselves in a world that is filled with wicked men and women. Their kind is really hard to find.
I know our corrupt leaders for what they truly are. They don't have anything to offer. They are only power drunk. They are suffering from the obsessive need to continue to be in power. They don’t have any genuine interest of building a nation.
We can't afford to make that mistake of ever voting them in again. Simply put, voting for them again in 2019 would prove that we are like a dog that always returns to its vomit. It will also prove that we are our own worst enemy and not our corrupt leaders as widely thought.
Before we talk about restructuring anything in the country, let us all start by restructuring our mentality and values. I saw this powerful quote not too long ago and I would love to share it with you - "If you are emotionally attached to your tribe, religion or political leaning to the point that truth and justice become secondary considerations, your education is useless. Your exposure is useless. If you cannot reason beyond petty sentiments, you are a liability to mankind." ~ Dr. Yusuf Bala Usman (Late). Ponder hard on it.
2019 would be an historic year. It is the year Nigerians would unite to change the narrative of their country. The whole world would be watching. We are going to pass a very strong message – We are going to say no to corruption, no to injustice, no to ethnicity, no to nepotism, no to bad leadership, no to ineptitude, no to iniquity, and no to impunity.
I want you to bring out all your frustrations, pains, anger, hunger, and your innermost fears because we are going to conquer all of those things at the 2019 general elections.
In Conclusion
This whole thing isn't about me. I have no intention to run for any political office. I'm not qualified yet. Maybe I never will be. However, I strongly believe that there are Nigerians out there that are more qualified and are in a better position to take this country to the next level. Some are within the country, some are abroad. God Has blessed us with an arsenal of intellectuals; all we have to do is to put them into strategic positions for development. We as a people must shift from Kleptocracy to Meritocracy.
Our country is currently being run anyhow by leaders who lack insight and foresight. The best brains are leaving the country in droves because the country is no longer conducive to live in anymore. The mass exodus is real and the brain drain is now very palpable. Some of my close friends have also left the country for good. They said some of us have to stay back to fix things in the country. I won’t lie, there was a time I thought of leaving as well. But it all just switched one day. I felt I would never find fulfillment in building another man’s country while my country suffers. It became clear to me that God didn’t make a mistake in making me a Nigerian. It’s all part of God’s master plan. What excuse would I have to give Him? That was the moment I decided to stay back so as to be among the people that would fix things in the country. The big question is – Are we all ready? Are we only efficient in complaining? We have a real problem at hand. Are we going to continue to fold our hands and pretend like we don't have a problem? Come on now people. The time for sermonizing is over. With the current vibrations we are having everywhere in the country; It is very clear that our country can survive another four years of bad leadership. Though there are several groups on ground, I do believe that our agitations are the same - We are all tired of bad leadership. Too many groups however, bring nothing but confusion and division. That's what our corrupt leaders want. Note that even though we outnumber them, the only way we can defeat them is if we come together as one. I will like to state here that I don't belong to any group but I'm all open to collaborate with any movement that truly stands for social justice and equity. To this end, I implore all of us to unite and get rid of bad leadership for good. Let’s do this for ourselves, let’s do this to secure the future for the next generation, let’s do this for posterity sake. We have within us the best brains that will make this country great. The elites have failed us without a shadow of doubt. What annoys me the most is the audacity they have to throw themselves at us; like, we are under a spell or something. We can't continue to do the same thing over and over again and still expect to get a different result. That would be stupidity on our part.
P.S
I personally don't believe in politics as an ideal way to actualize true democracy (my thoughts on this would be conveyed in my upcoming book) but if that's all we have for now, then by all means necessary we must select people from amongst us that will truly represent us at the 2019 general elections.
P.P.S
I'm not someone that goes on social media to make comments when it comes to open opinions. I distance myself from all of that. I'm barely even on social media but I’m socially aware nonetheless. It's too easy to create trends with hash tags these days but I’m not all about that. This is not to discredit it like it isn't good, it is good for what it is but sooner or later, a time would come when you have to go beyond all of that. And that time my friends, is now. Trends have a very short life span. It can't go beyond 3 days. I'd rather be part of a process of ushering in new eras through sustained and determined efforts rather than complaining about something and doing nothing to solve it. That's where I’m at in life right now. I see a very bright future for Nigeria but I don't see that happening with the leadership on ground. We have being through dark years with them and the future can only get darker from here with them.
Final Thought
Young Eagles would never fly if they continue to allow old chickens to lead them – Dr. Golbador Joseph
Thank you very much for reading
God bless the federal republic of Nigeria.
Written by Dr. Golbador Joseph (MBBS 2013)

CC Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Mzee Arkyub Sonnet (eshu Laroye) / Milo Yiannopoulos Slams Editor Over Withering Book Notes / Philosophy Of Pragmatism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.