Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba (3435 Views)

Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government / Governor Ikpeazu Inspects Ph Road, Assures Its Completion In Record Time / Rauf Aregbesola: 'I Never Collected Salary, Never Built A House As A Governor' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by amliftedhigher: 10:39pm On Nov 06, 2017
After about 7 years since I last visited PH Road Aba, I decided to reach there today hence I came to ABA yesterday . I was initially warned that no road leading to the ever busy PH road, the home of Generating set, Lister of all sizes, the home of major electrode factory, home of fasil rackworm pharmaceutical factory and home to heavy duty spare parts, caterpillar etc and also the head quarters of Dan dollars Nigeria limited and the home of universal steel company a zink manufacturing company . I was shocked to see PH road like a burial ground no movement of vehicles, no petrol station and people living there buys black market from those whom I don't know how they transported the fuel there. I start asking my self if TA Orji and the puppet okezie has brain and feelings? Many houses And stores empty . It is quite unfortunate for abia state. How did Abia state got it wrong? Please how can we draw the attention of the state and federal government to this wicked situation? Please view the pictures attached below

2 Likes

Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 10:41pm On Nov 06, 2017
That's a federal road

3 Likes

Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by amliftedhigher: 10:43pm On Nov 06, 2017
More pictures. Please see the above bus I spotted in the place with radiator upstairs

Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by Kyase(m): 10:43pm On Nov 06, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
That's a federal road
Jonathan work.
Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 10:47pm On Nov 06, 2017
Kyase:
Jonathan work.
undecided
Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by proudlyYoruba(m): 10:49pm On Nov 06, 2017
Me i use to think ALAIGBO is Singapore in Nigeria. However this is very bad

3 Likes

Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by amliftedhigher: 10:49pm On Nov 06, 2017
I heard that it is a federal road while the FG says that it is a state road. Even if can't the useless governors fix the road and wait for FG to balance them. Orji uzo kalu did it.

Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by kn23h(m): 10:52pm On Nov 06, 2017
In a state where 100% of its residents are billionaires, this is hard to believe grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by hatchy(f): 11:05pm On Nov 06, 2017
Even though this road is a federal government road,the state can fix it and get reimbursed later.

Another issue is that residents of Aba have this careless attitude about their environment.
All they think of is money,they sleep,wake and go to their business places without giving a damn about their immediate surrounding.

They must change their mind set and make Aba a better place because government alone cannot solve this problem.

2 Likes

Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by Ojiofor: 11:54pm On Nov 06, 2017
We don't have governor since 1999,amongst all the thieves that are ruling Nigeria,Abia state leaders starting from OUK to current one are the most ruthless and heartless of them all the worst part of it is that each governor seems to be worst than his predecessor .
For those saying its a federal road,No responsible governor will allow such an important road to become so useless that vehicles can nolonger use it.Onye ajuru aju anaghi aju onwe nya.
ponponkon.

2 Likes

Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by juman(m): 12:20am On Nov 07, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by nwabobo: 12:22am On Nov 07, 2017
amliftedhigher:
After about 7 years since I last visited PH Road Aba, I decided to reach there today hence I came to ABA yesterday . I was initially warned that no road leading to the ever busy PH road, the home of Generating set, Lister of all sizes, the home of major electrode factory, home of fasil rackworm pharmaceutical factory and home to heavy duty spare parts, caterpillar etc and also the head quarters of Dan dollars Nigeria limited and the home of universal steel company a zink manufacturing company . I was shocked to see PH road like a burial ground no movement of vehicles, no petrol station and people living there buys black market from those whom I don't know how they transported the fuel there. I start asking my self if TA Orji and the puppet okezie has brain and feelings? Many houses And stores empty . It is quite unfortunate for abia state. How did Abia state got it wrong? Please how can we draw the attention of the state and federal government to this wicked situation? Please view the pictures attached below

You should be asking "Does Nigeria have a president?" Cos that's a federal road.

3 Likes

Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by LadySarah: 12:43am On Nov 07, 2017
I think the op is being mischievous,you see a road named ph in Aba,common sense didnt tell you that its a trunk A road meaning the federal govt owns it.

3 Likes

Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by Ttipsy(f): 1:06am On Nov 07, 2017
I just hate this state... useless pple, useless leaders

1 Like

Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by DelGardo: 1:41am On Nov 07, 2017
LadySarah:
I think the op is being mischievous,you see a road named ph in Aba,common sense didnt tell you that its a trunk A road meaning the federal govt owns it.

You people should keep deceiving yourselves.
Amaechi repaired and dualised the same old PH aba road in Port Harcourt. The one in Aba has not been touched since 2006.

Keep waiting for and blaming Buhari while allowing your governor to steal as much as he pleases.

Enjoy your hardship,

10 Likes

Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by fellowman: 1:55am On Nov 07, 2017
keep deceiving yourself, that's a federal road
Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by fellowman: 1:58am On Nov 07, 2017
DelGardo:

You people should keep deceiving yourselves.
Amaechi repaired and dualised the same old PH aba road in Port Harcourt. The one in Aba has not been touched since 2006.

Keep waiting for and blaming Buhari while allowing your governor to steal as much as he pleases.

Enjoy your hardship,

very foolish talk indeed, that's a federal road, the fact that the government doesn't want to do it, shows you wat this government feel about the east, if you have money why don't you do it?

you brought this up to spite easterners but your plan failed woefully.

1 Like

Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by Sanchez01: 2:22am On Nov 07, 2017
LadySarah:
Even at that, a state could rehabilitate a Federal road and get its sum back. The problem with most governors and their people is having this false sense of doing nothing, and hoping the Federal government would be everywhere at the same time.

The road is definitely not a priority to the Federal government but it would be the moment the state government decides to do something about it.

3 Likes

Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by nonsobaba: 2:32am On Nov 07, 2017
fellowman:

very foolish talk indeed, that's a federal road, the fact that the government doesn't want to do it, shows you wat this government feel about the east, if you have money why don't you do it?

Keep quiet, don't try to rationalize stupidity. I am an easterner too. PH road is very crucial as it runs through the heart of Aba town. In short, it is the main thoroughfare of the town. No sane governor will sit back and allow the most important town that generates the highest IGR in his state to rot the way Aba is rotting. But I blame ngwa mgbekeism for this mess. What is the purpose of having an ngwa governor if Aba still remains the habitat for animals that it is?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by Habakus: 6:31am On Nov 07, 2017
Seriously, Abia is becoming a cause for embarrassment to the whole SE.
Even Ebonyi is arguably doing better than Abia.
The problem with Abia is tribalism and stupidity; voting in an obvious incompetent person rather than well qualified and competent candidates simply because he's from a particular part of Abia.
Shame.
Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by amliftedhigher: 6:33am On Nov 07, 2017
nonsobaba:
Keep quiet, don't try to rationalize stupidity. I am an easterner too. PH road is very crucial as it runs through the heart of Aba town. In short, it is the main thoroughfare of the town. No sane governor will sit back and allow the most important town that generates the highest IGR in his state to rot the way Aba is rotting. But I blame ngwa mgbekeism for this mess. What is the purpose of having an ngwa governor if Aba still remains the habitat for animals that it is?
Thank you bro. You know our problems is chasing shadows in the East. Like you said what is the need of having an ngwa governor and Faulks road is not drivable, obohia abandon for ever and almighty PH road a dust bin? Most of us don't reason before talking. I was a student in PH when Amaechi build eleme fly over with Julius Berger and that road is a federal government road. FG reimburse him later. Why can't this useless governors from abia do same. Let me list some companies that has folded in PH road alone. Coca Cola, zink factory, major electrode factory a very big company own by Chinese people, dan dollars ,orpet, pioneer relaxer, More than 35 petrol station, spare parts market, ohabiam electronics market. Crystal Park Hotel one of the oldest hotel in Nigeria, udenwanyi hotel, two big plastic industries etc. This and more which I forgot their names had park and go because of state ineptitude and ineffective and inefficient governing. Some one is here calling me mischievous. Shame on Abia state

4 Likes

Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by lastempero: 7:26am On Nov 07, 2017
fellowman:

The problem with Igbo's is that most of us are myopic and enjoy trading blames instead of seeking solution.who is making use of the roads if I should ask u,its only in abia state that the governor cries like a bby when it comes to federal road,go to anambra,Enugu n pH most of the roads there are federal roads but their state govt took it upon themselves to rehabilitate the roads and we are here dragging who should do the road.

2 Likes

Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by meccuno: 7:36am On Nov 07, 2017
lastempero:

The problem with Igbo's is that most of us are myopic and enjoy trading blames instead of seeking solution.who is making use of the roads if I should ask u,its only in abia state that the governor cries like a bby when it comes to federal road,go to anambra,Enugu n pH most of the roads there are federal roads but their state govt took it upon themselves to rehabilitate the roads and we are here dragging who should do the road.
but i really need this question answered. if the logic here is that the governors should fix the road and be reimbursed,why shouldn't the federal government hands off all roads and let these states take care of the roads in their domain. thats exactly the reasons why i support the idea of federalism. lets stop deceiving our selves. we all know how long it took the LASG to get approval for the road leading to the international airport. lets stop being sentimental. when the FG decides to reduce the power it has in the legislative list then we can start talking
Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by sicily4u: 7:36am On Nov 07, 2017
No mind those idiots saying is federal road, what of omuma road too starting from amaogbonna, there is no road in aba, if u go ngwa rd side u will weep for this town

1 Like

Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by gratiaeo(m): 7:57am On Nov 07, 2017
Sanchez01:

Even at that, a state could rehabilitate a Federal road and get its sum back. The problem with most governors and their people is having this false sense of doing nothing, and hoping the Federal government would be everywhere at the same time.

The road is definitely not a priority to the Federal government but it would be the moment the state government decides to do something about it.
Why is it not priority to federal government, because of its geographical location. exempting federal government on their responsibility to blame the state governor. How maney state governor in your region is building federal road
Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by Sanchez01: 8:22am On Nov 07, 2017
gratiaeo:

Why is it not priority to federal government, because of its geographical location. exempting federal government on their responsibility to blame the state governor. How maney state governor in your region is building federal road
Beyond the usual victim mentality, why not look at it this way; how many states are there in Nigeria and how many federal roads are there in the country? Is the said federal road a major one or a less motorable route?

Did Fayose not make a whole lot of noise just because he wanted to point out the ineptitude of the federal government by putting up a bill board saying he wanted to rehabilitate a federal road?

How many years did it take the federal government to rehabilitate the Lagos-Benin-Ore road despite being a major route?

Perhaps you are too lazy to read, perhaps not. No one is asking the governor of Abia state to BUILD A FEDERAL ROAD. The state itself is an eyesore because nothing seems to be working. I think asking a figure headed government to rehabilitate a federal road is needless since roads under his command are less attended to.

4 Likes

Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by cossyjay: 8:48am On Nov 07, 2017
chai I pity abians, there is God
Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by MaziOmenuko: 8:49am On Nov 07, 2017
Thats a federal govt road.

Ttipsy:
I just hate this state... useless pple, useless leaders

Nobody cares about your ret'ard.ed mindset, you can go roast your grandma and eat her brains first, we don't give a damn!
Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by MaziOmenuko: 9:06am On Nov 07, 2017
Habakus:
Seriously, Abia is becoming a cause for embarrassment to the whole SE.
Even Ebonyi is arguably doing better than Abia.
The problem with Abia is tribalism and stupidity; voting in an obvious incompetent person rather than well qualified and competent candidates simply because he's from a particular part of Abia.
Shame.

Ars'ewipe! You should have just kept quite than display your half-baked ignorance here. Even Lagos had to seek and get permission from FG before commencing work on Airport Road, do you know how many years it took for FG to give that permission? Una go just dey here dey yarn trash like illiterate kids! Aba-Owerri road that the former governor jumped in to repair without getting FG permission, no single refund was made from the FG all through the 8yrs tenure. Now you want the governor to start work on Aba-PH road when so many intercity roads have not been done.

Why don't you name your state in the SE and lets compare other economic index and see how good you are faring as compared to Abia! Akpa amu!

1 Like

Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by amliftedhigher: 9:10am On Nov 07, 2017
sicily4u:
No mind those idiots saying is federal road, what of omuma road too starting from amaogbonna, there is no road in aba, if u go ngwa rd side u will weep for this town
. My brother I tire for people oh. Omuma road is a forgotten issue. Abia needs to wake up now
Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by amliftedhigher: 9:11am On Nov 07, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Ars'ewipe! You should have just kept quite than display your half-baked ignorance here. Even Lagos had to seek and get permission from FG before commencing work on Airport Road, do you know how many years it took for FG to give that permission? Una go just dey here dey yarn trash like illiterate kids! Aba-Owerri road that the former governor jumped in to repair without getting FG permission, no single refund was made from the FG all through the 8yrs tenure. Now you want the governor to start work on Aba-PH road when so many intercity roads have not been done.

Why don't you name your state in the SE and lets compare other economic index and see how good you are faring as compared to Abia! Akpa amu!
sorry don't mean to insult you but your likes are the problem of Abia

2 Likes

Re: Please Does Abia Have A Governor? State Of PH Road In Aba by nonsobaba: 9:12am On Nov 07, 2017
The decay and collapse of the PH road in Aba has led to the closure of many companies along that route and some people are still waiting for FG to come and put common sense into their brains! Who is suffering the economic loss? FG or Abia state?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Withdrawal And Dino Melaye Lost At Primary / What Do The Igbos Really Want?",buhari Asked During His Media Chat / We Discovered 3 Bags Full Of Juju, $1 Million Cash In Diya's House- Major Adamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.