Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,883 members, 7,828,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Daddy Freeze Is Right On Tithing But His Motives Doesn't Pass As True - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daddy Freeze Is Right On Tithing But His Motives Doesn't Pass As True (339 Views)

David Ibiyeomie: Daddy Freeze Is A Bastard For Insulting Oyedepo, My Father / Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) / Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Is Right On Tithing But His Motives Doesn't Pass As True by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 07, 2017
First of all no one paid tithe in the new testament because in the new testament they understood that all they had belongs to God... So I will categorize these into three parts

NEW TESTAMENT EXPECTATIONS

1) the 10 percent tithe was a specific requirement that served a specific purpose under the Old Testament law (see, among other passages, Leviticus 27:32 and Numbers 18:26-32) and

2) neither Jesus nor any New Testament writer assigns or even affirms 10 percent as a specific amount to be given by believers under the new covenant.

Having said that, the New Testament does have something to say to us about "giving" as part of the Christian life. The broader, fundamental theological concept to keep in mind — described most fully in the book of Hebrews — is that the new covenant in Christ is a better, fuller covenant because the work of Christ on the cross bestows on God's people eternal, spiritual blessings rather than the temporary, physical ones that mere obedience to the Old Testament law promised.
Because of these gifts — both what Christ has done for us on the cross and the future promise of perfect fellowship with God for all eternity — we are free from the old restrictions and requirements of the law, and we are called to present our entire lives as acts of worship to the Lord (see Romans 11:36-12:1). Jesus frees us from the law so that we are free to love Him more — not as condemned rebels or slaves, but as sons and daughters.
That includes the way we think about and use our financial resources, whether they are large or small. Jesus told the rich man to give all that he had (and went on to promise immense spiritual rewards to those who give everything to follow Him (Matthew 19:29-30). He also commended the widow who gave essentially nothing in actual material value, because she gave "all she had" (Luke 21:4).

So in the new testament, we were expected to give willingly bearing in mind that all that we have first belongs to God. The apostle Paul instructs Christians to give financially — robustly and even sacrificially — to the work of the Gospel, especially toward the preaching of the Word (see, for example, 1 Corinthians 9:3-15, 2 Corinthians 5-9 and 1 Timothy 5:17-18).

OLD TESTAMENT EXPECTATIONS

10 percent served a specific purpose in the old testament. Remember, it was a law dispensation and enforcing what should would require enactment of a law that compel people even if its not from their heart. People were not giving to God and a percentage that seems small enough was enforced as a must. See amongst other passages, Leviticus 27:32 and Numbers 18:26.

So the principles of tithing ran against the spirit of the new covenant. In the old testament, 10% was a law meaning it is by compulsion. These runs contrary of the new covenant of giving willingly. Also in the old testament, only the 10% belongs to God, but in the new testament, they understood that all belongs to God. Jesus frees us from the law so that we are free to love Him more — not as condemned rebels or slaves, but as sons and daughters. By teaching tithes of 10% we are going back to the spirit of the old testament which is by compulsion. Note that the principles are the same which is ''giving to God", but the manner and spirit are different.

DADDY FREEZE CONTROVERSY POINTS

At this point, I will say that Daddy freeze points are correct, very correct, but I doubt his spirit or motive for correction. Let's not forget that even the devil knows the truth but his motives for saying the truth would be the spirit of condemnation. Actually the tithes of the old testaments are food stuffs- peace offerings, burnt offerings etc and they are supposed to be brought into God's house, not for a pastor to eat alone, but for all the members to partake in the eating. Let me put it in another way:

Whereas Haggai touches the laziness of God’s people in their not working to build God’s house, Malachi speaks concerning their robbing God in tithes and offerings. “Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me. But you say, How have we robbed You? In tithes and offerings. With the curse you are cursed, yet you, even the whole nation, rob Me” (3:8-9). Here we see that after advising the sons of Jacob to return to Him, Jehovah charged them not to rob God in tithes and offerings that the curse would not be brought in to them. To rob God is to not give Him what He is due. He established the principle that of all the produce from the land, one tenth should go to Him (Lev. 27:30). The top tenth must go to Him.

b. Bringing the Whole Tithe to the Storehouse
That There May Be Food in God’s House
“Bring the whole tithe to the storehouse that there may be food in My house; and prove Me, if you will, by this, says Jehovah of hosts, whether I will open to you the windows of heaven and pour out blessing for you until there is no room for it” (Mal. 3:10). Here we are told that when the first tenth is brought to the storehouse, God opens the windows of heaven and pours out a blessing until there is no room for it.

This verse speaks of food in God’s house. This food is not for us—it is for God. God is hungry and needs food. What is God’s food? God’s food, the divine food, is the offerings, especially the burnt offering, the meal offering, and the peace offering. The peace offering is enjoyed mutually by God and His people. We enjoy this offering before Him and with Him.

CONCLUSION

There is no need for these controversy, the bible is clear enough. Church leaders should follow the pathways led down by the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

(1) (Reply)

Freaky Friday!! Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer / Extremists Massacre 235 Worshippers And Children In Mosque / Scriptural And Historical Facts On Tithe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.