Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,211 members, 7,811,573 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy (59946 Views)

Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" / Apostle Suleman Replies Follower Who Begged For Money To Replace Mother's Phone / Paul Enenche Replies Daddy Freeze On Building World Largest Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by InsideOut247: 4:26pm On Nov 10, 2017
@InsideOutBlog

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6236908_1_jpeg83b5009e040969ee7b60362ad7426573

The President of the Omega Fire Ministries worldwide (OFM), Apostle Johnson Suleman, has lent his voice to the burning issue on tithing stoked by an OAP, Daddy Freeze.

Below is his reaction during a church service;

“Let it be clear that if anyone is not a pastor, he has no right to attack a pastor on church issue. He should leave everything to God. I only laugh. Somebody who is not a doctor cannot teach a certified doctor how to go about doing his job; he will just be laughed at. Someone who is not a journalist can’t teach a true journalist how he should do his work; they will just be laughing at him.

I wouldn’t have spoken on the issue but you don’t argue with a man whose mind is already made up on any issue. It is futile. And I’m not going to confuse anybody to pay tithe, no. if you attend my church and you decide not to pay tithe, it’s left to you. In my church they don’t pay me allowance. I live on my personal businesses and I write books. So far, I have written 52 books that are inspirational and I’m still writing. If you write books that are inspirational, believers and non-believers will buy. It is not as if it is only church members that buy pastors’ books. That alone is enough to sustain any pastor. So, you don’t just jump to criticize any pastor for buying private jets of expensive cars because you think it is tithe that they use to buy them.

If you asked me, there is nothing wrong with tithing. But tithes should be used by pastors to maintain Christianity, assist the poor in the church, the vulnerable and the stranded. Not that everything should go into the pastor’s pocket, that’s wrong. Every pastor should be on allowance.

That young man does not deserve a response; in fact, I’m not talking because of him but because my Papa, Pastor Adeboye had spoken, I’m speaking on the issue. Now, if it requires that we go into a debate, let’s have it. Yes, your tithe is not a license to make heaven but it is an acknowledgment of God’s mercy in your life. But because Papa Adeboye corrected the wrong notion and the young man dared to respond to him, I felt it was insulting. This is not about sentiment or emotion, it is about commonsense. You don’t respond to an elder in certain manner, especially a man of Pastor Adeboye’s standing.

There are things people shouldn’t just dabble into especially when it is not their field. Even if you mobilize the whole world against tithing, you will only end up being counterproductive because this is not your field. Men of God do not need to react to such issues because like I said earlier, once somebody has made up his mind on a position, nobody should argue with such a man. My reaction to such a man is, if that is your position, keep it, continue with what you believe but don’t confuse people to believe what you believe.”

http://insideout247..com.ng/2017/11/apostle-suleman-replies-daddy-freeze-on.html

85 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Naughtypenis1(m): 4:30pm On Nov 10, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by sleemoon(m): 4:37pm On Nov 10, 2017
Naija girls with small boobs, please don't bath with Dettol or any other Medicated Soap. It may wipe your boobs away thinking its pimples������

223 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 10, 2017
Now they are attending to this guy

Honestly he didn't really attend to the matter. He was just going back and forth

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 10, 2017
sleemoon:
Naija girls with small boobs, please don't bath with Dettol or any other Medicated Soap. It may wipe your boobs away thinking its pimples������

Just wait for em to come for ya neck grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by uboma(m): 4:52pm On Nov 10, 2017
Apostle Suleiman should shut his mouth.

Where are the books written by him whose proceeds he uses to maintain his luxurious lifestyle?

Apostle Suleiman, the Clergyman, who likes to end his love sessions behind.....

194 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 10, 2017
Why won't he defend his source of livelihood and *fvcklihood*? undecided

101 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by sagerasaq: 6:08pm On Nov 10, 2017
Nice reply

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by PETUK(m): 6:09pm On Nov 10, 2017
I thought this Freeze man was sacked by Cool FM

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Slaveman343: 6:09pm On Nov 10, 2017
He said rubbish.

Beating around the bush without tackling the salient points. That's how you know someone is not saying the truth.

224 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 10, 2017
Calm response but with all due respect sir, the fact that freeze isn't a pastor doesn't mean he can't have a say if he smells a rat in the way most churches are being run today. Paul rebuked Peter even though the latter was with Jesus throughout.

The Gospel has been hijacked by thieves in suit and if not checked, Christianity is sitting on a time bomb.

On the tithe issue, I think it's what you believe in that eventually works for you. I don't pay and when I'm broke I simply accept the situation, same when I earn a few bucks. I don't attribute it to a certain seed sowed. If you notice a correlation between your finances and tithe paying, better don't stop.

152 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Samusu(m): 6:09pm On Nov 10, 2017
E de pain them wallahi.

Freeze abi freezer wan spoil market for them.

#freethesheeplemovement

109 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by soberdrunk(m): 6:09pm On Nov 10, 2017
angry
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by SUMCIOUZ(m): 6:10pm On Nov 10, 2017
Ahh! Hell fire go full Oo. PASITOR

7 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by brightnelly(f): 6:10pm On Nov 10, 2017
Hmmmmmm

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by coluka: 6:10pm On Nov 10, 2017
Food don set for daddy freeze. Between now and tomorrow morning, we go hear another sermon from pastor freezy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by ephraimlongkat(m): 6:10pm On Nov 10, 2017
[

“Let it be clear that if anyone is not a pastor, he has no right to attack a pastor on church issue. He should leave everything to God. I only laugh. Somebody who is not a doctor cannot teach a certified doctor how to go about doing his job; he will just be laughed at. Someone who is not a journalist can’t teach a true journalist how he should do his work; they will just be laughing at him.

rubbish, I tot he was going to give a Bible verse.

148 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by temitope277(m): 6:11pm On Nov 10, 2017
highly supported

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by popelix: 6:11pm On Nov 10, 2017
we are not paying again oooh.... free the sheeps

99 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Suffernomore: 6:11pm On Nov 10, 2017
Trash undecided

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by iamozipatrick(m): 6:11pm On Nov 10, 2017
K
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Praktikals(m): 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2017
Tithing, the way we do it now, is unbiblical.

44 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by FaniDan(f): 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2017
uboma:
Apostle Suleiman should shut his mouth.

Where are the books written by him whose proceeds he uses to maintain his luxurious lifestyle?

Apostle Suleiman, the Clergyman, who likes to end his love sessions behind.....
, and,this is the reason why sometimes some stuff happens to you and you will be like why me, Ask Mariam in the Bible she will tell you

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2017
Listen to my songs at http://my.notjustok.com/p/oracle

If anyone is not a pastor,he shouldnt criticise a pastor? He should leave everything to God?
Really?
Is that the best the apostle that spends the tithes he receives from his sheeples on heavily endowed actresses can come up with?

Going by his logic,a citizen cannot complain about the politicians at the helm of affairs just because such a citizen is not a politician himself.

Y'all can see how KNOWLEDGABLE your 'MEN OF GOD' are

180 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2017
People who have made a career of attacking pastors. Please go get yourselves a real job

14 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Sapiosexuality(m): 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2017
He couldn't even say if tithing is a Christian doctrine or a stretch of the old testament. He made some sense but I think his defense was more emotional than scriptural or even logical.

The doctor analogy doesn't hold water in this case. You don't need be a good footballer or tailor to know a good tailor or footballer. Their work will tell you about them. That line was off.

I think his statement was laced some of the properties of mischief. Tacitly attacking the guy and telling what tithe is used for. But the point should be, is tithing Christian? Is it something a Christian ought do?

Instead of focusing on the subject we are here deflecting the shots and telling tales to defend or seen to be at peace with our mentor! I've not seen a good argument against that troublesome guy's position.

http://www.mortalpoet.com/brothers-beggars-street-tithe-church/

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Pearlyakin(m): 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2017
We are in the era of grace of our lord Jesus Christ, Christ has paid our tithe, Pastors are not Levite's.
Although i won't condemn those that pay tithe.

15 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Throwback: 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2017
This is a mature and civilised response. I applaud him for that, however I believe every pastor that dare to collect tithes as though they are levites, are thieves robbing from the altar.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Samusu(m): 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2017
coluka:
Food don set for daddy freeze. Between now and tomorrow morning, we go hear another sermon from pastor freezy

grin grin grin grin

#freethesheeples

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Feyol55(m): 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2017
God blez u sir,i continue tithing till Kingdom comes, come and arrest me

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by BruncleZuma: 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2017
Showbiz

3 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by dfrost: 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2017
FaniDan:
, and,this is the reason why sometimes some stuff happens to you and you will be like why me, Ask Mariam in the Bible she will tell you

So the man is Moses, bah? shocked

24 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Rev. Sister Henrietta Alokha Buried (Photos) / How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims / Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.