Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea (39246 Views)

EPL: Michael Emenalo Blamed For Chelsea’s Woes / Michael Emenalo Appointed As Monaco Sporting Director Weeks After Chelsea Exit / David Luiz Ready To Quit Chelsea As He Is Plotting Sensational Move To Premier L (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by KevinDein: 6:17pm On Nov 07, 2017
I'm happy for Emenalo. He oversaw the most successful period in Chelsea's history; literally winning every trophy. He was, however, unappreciated by the fans who blamed him for anything that went wrong e.g sales of Kevin De Bruyne, Lukaku etc but never gave him credit for good purchases like Azpilicueta, Pedro, Kante etc. It was easy to make a scapegoat out of him cos of his skin colour.

The fact that clubs like Monaco are begging to bring him over points to the fact that dude is good at his job.

Good luck Emenalo.

7 Likes

Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by Orobo2Lekpa: 6:25pm On Nov 07, 2017
NwaChibuzor:
That Emenalo ran the affairs of chelsea like a typical Nigerian. Very corrupt and after nothing but his own stomach. Glad he left .

Nicholas Goodison once said ''A tired chairman is a bad chairman. A dead one is usually worse.''

Name one corrupt deal that he did? People just come here to spew rubbish

4 Likes

Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by stonemasonn: 6:31pm On Nov 07, 2017
Emenalo was good at his job, he helped in signing many good young players for Chelsea, but as usual paranoid coaches like Mourinho and Conte can't work with young and upcoming stars....they prefer ready made.

Guadiola and Pochetino are better coaches.

2 Likes

Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by farous(m): 6:39pm On Nov 07, 2017
DanseMacabre:
Quite an expository read, but I don't think it answers why Emenalo left.
Exactly.What's the essence of this write up, I was reading it to see why Emenalo left,but cannot.Trash!
Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by AreaFada2: 6:40pm On Nov 07, 2017
Kenon9:
This article didn't really explain why he left. The fact is that you have Roman the owner of the club,Marina the Director and more or less the 2nd in command,then you have Emenalo in that order of hierarchy.
Anything that goes wrong in Chelsea;results,failed transfers etc the blames of the English fans doesn't go to Roman or Marina it goes directly to Emenalo.
I think he has given a lot to the club but doesn't feel appreciated enough. He felt he was always the scapegoat. I think he just got fed up of everything
While Roman and Marina are fiercely private people,the decision of Emenalo to come out to speak to the press on Mourinho sack didn't go well against the British fans.

He has done well...we wish him the best in his future endeavours

Tor!

Despite the relatively high number of blacks who have played in EPL with coaching badges, how many land manager or management roles in English clubs? Extremely few. The most they do is punditry on TV.

We all know what the reason is.
Emenalo did well to even get that far. And he did a jolly good job.

He will find a better role in sports, business or elsewhere. His CV is strong now.

4 Likes

Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by Forceup(f): 6:43pm On Nov 07, 2017
KevinDein:
I'm happy for Emenalo. He oversaw the most successful period in Chelsea's history; literally winning every trophy. He was, however, unappreciated by the fans who blamed him for anything that went wrong e.g sales of Kevin De Bruyne, Lukaku etc but never gave him credit for good purchases like Azpilicueta, Pedro, Kante etc. It was easy to make a scapegoat out of him cos of his skin colour.

The fact that clubs like Monaco are begging to bring him over points to the fact that dude is good at his job.

Good luck Emenalo.
I don't think it was cos of his skin colour, football fans complain about anybody.. Look at the Man U director too, is he black?? No.

1 Like

Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by RZArecta(m): 6:44pm On Nov 07, 2017
DanseMacabre:
thought I was the only one who noticed it.
Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by Forceup(f): 6:45pm On Nov 07, 2017
stonemasonn:
Emenalo was good at his job, he helped in signing many good young players for Chelsea, but as usual paranoid coaches like Mourinho and Conte can't work with young and upcoming stars....they prefer ready made.

Only Poch is, Pep is a horrible spender.
Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by udemzyudex(m): 6:47pm On Nov 07, 2017
DanseMacabre:

Exactly, just beating around the bush, that's the main reason I open this thread but I'm disappointed.
Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by Jointhemiltons2(m): 6:49pm On Nov 07, 2017
Kobicove:
You still have not told us why he left the club
The mumu OP go do copy n paste from goal.com. This post was made a day after he left and up till now nobody knows y he left.
The OP just go use useless headline.
Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by Jointhemiltons2(m): 6:58pm On Nov 07, 2017
stonemasonn:

You have to understand the kinda club Chelsea is and the kinda achievements they want.
Come on you know Roman is the kind of person who wants trophies and if you can’t give him that then he’ll show you the door. You possibly can’t use youngsters to win trophies,it’ll tk years and that’s why dey loan dem.
Pochetino still hsnt won a trophy cos he’s still grooming young players and the board is patient with him.
Wenger hasn’t won a trophy for years cos he’s still grooming youngsters and the club is patient.
Even ManUtd sef is patient with their coaches.
And please Pep does not groom youngsters.
Chelsea owner does not have the time to be patient so if you wana blame den blame the owner and not the coach

3 Likes

Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by Nedfed(m): 7:03pm On Nov 07, 2017
The Op make copy and paste of the write-up with wrong headies.
I'll rather blame the Op not the writer.
Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by codemaniacs: 7:06pm On Nov 07, 2017
kk

1 Like

Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by 9jatatafo(m): 7:13pm On Nov 07, 2017
Read this from sccernet.com
Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by TheShopKeeper(m): 7:40pm On Nov 07, 2017
Too much words, with very little information
Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 07, 2017
No sympathy at all, the guy wants to go and enjoy whatever money he has earned from chelseafc

Lol
Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by talk2percy(m): 7:52pm On Nov 07, 2017
Some people are very wicked, how can u write this long piece and expect me to read it till the end Abeg who read an finish? Why did he resign, na Conte related??
Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by bizhop01: 7:55pm On Nov 07, 2017
coaches don't last long at Chelsea
Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by gaventa: 7:56pm On Nov 07, 2017
So why did he "LEFT"?
Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by dtrend(m): 8:04pm On Nov 07, 2017
[quote author=stonemasonn post=62165009]Emenalo was good at his job, he helped in signing many good young players for Chelsea, but as usual paranoid coaches like Mourinho and Conte can't work with young and upcoming stars....they prefer ready made.

Guardiola goes for experience oooo
check out his recent acquisitions
Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by dtrend(m): 8:08pm On Nov 07, 2017
talk2percy:
Some people are very wicked, how can u write this long piece and expect me to read it till the end Abeg who read an finish? Why did he resign, na Conte related??

Read the damn post or you kiss the exit....
Nigerians and their phobia of reading..... smh
Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by bfn1: 8:21pm On Nov 07, 2017
DanseMacabre:
Exactly! angry
Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by themanderon: 8:53pm On Nov 07, 2017
thunderbabs:

This I.d looks familiar..... grin nwaAmaikpe.....

You guessed right. NwaAmaikpe, NwaObinkita and NwaChibuzor are one and the same person. Funny clowns. I just like reading their sarcastic comments. cool
Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by NwaAmaikpe: 8:57pm On Nov 07, 2017
thunderbabs:

This I.d looks familiar..... grin nwaAmaikpe.....
themanderon:

You guessed right. NwaAmaikpe, NwaObinkita and NwaChibuzor are one and the same person. Funny clowns. I just like reading their sarcastic comments. cool
shocked

To set the records clear and for the avoidance of any doubts.
I don't have an alternate account.
If it's not from this account then its' not me
Thanks and God bless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by Mrjo(m): 9:12pm On Nov 07, 2017
Xyzee:
But their net spend since January 2017 is now a profit following the sale of Diego Costa to Atletico Madrid

Is the above statement correct?
the artle is read and discard, the writer is writing for writing sake
Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by Unlimited22: 9:17pm On Nov 07, 2017
Nihilist:
Crap
Quoted verbatim from goal.com.
Was expecting this.
And one click-happy mod pushed this trash to FP.
Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by Unlimited22: 9:21pm On Nov 07, 2017
Xyzee:
But their net spend since January 2017 is now a profit following the sale of Diego Costa to Atletico Madrid

Is the above statement correct?
It is
It doesn't excuse Op's quite pathetic attempt to make FP by copying a story and its headline from goal.com without any edition or proofreading.
Baffling.
Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by ladensmith(m): 9:39pm On Nov 07, 2017
handsomeyinka:

Are you also corrupt as a Nigerian?.....Emenalo isn't corrupt but conte just don't like his style of approach...if Emenalo don't know what he was doing,he won't be there for 10years..
His a good technical director,have met him twice and his got good negotiating skills and his got a simple life style,his even one of the reason victor Moses got his wings back to chelsea.
His a Nigerian,his our brother,let's be happy cos it's not easy to be at that position all through..
Wishing him the best..
Do u work at Stanford bridge?
I need a job with Cfc.
Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by Elowhite8(m): 9:48pm On Nov 07, 2017
Those of us who watched Chelsea Sunday match till end must have spotted one incident that happened after the end of the match. Emenalo was clapping for Conte after the end of the match near the tunnel , conte came and shake hand with him without looking at him. From there I kn that there is no love lost among them. I am not surprise of his quitting.
Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by iswallker(m): 9:52pm On Nov 07, 2017
DanseMacabre:

Emenalo and conte are at loggerheads...

So emenalo left... undecided
Re: Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 07, 2017
That moment this man realised there is a vacant spot at chelseas technical department...and he already signed for the west hams job..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Son's Death: Cristiano Ronaldo Will Not Play Against Liverpool Tonight / Lamentations Of Gamblers (Pics) / UEFA Champions League Lands In Uyo, Puyol And Okocha Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.