Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,753 members, 7,862,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:26 PM

Any Update On The CBN Implementation Of Seizing Monies In BVN-less Accounts? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Any Update On The CBN Implementation Of Seizing Monies In BVN-less Accounts? (872 Views)

Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe / PDP National Headquarters: Where Did The Monies Go To? / National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Update On The CBN Implementation Of Seizing Monies In BVN-less Accounts? by astrodome: 4:27pm On Nov 07, 2017
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any update on the CBN implementation of seizing BVN-less bank accounts? I live in a part of the world where I cannot readily obtain a BVN, since I have to be physically present to do so. However, I will be in Nigeria during the Xmas period and intend to obtain a BVN at that time. I have been sending money into my Nigerian account quite regularly, and now it appears all that money will be confiscated by the Nigerian ''cabal''. Will Xmas period be too late to save my money?
Re: Any Update On The CBN Implementation Of Seizing Monies In BVN-less Accounts? by aolawale025: 4:38pm On Nov 07, 2017
The banks are trying to resolve it. There's talk they may appeal the ruling
Re: Any Update On The CBN Implementation Of Seizing Monies In BVN-less Accounts? by astrodome: 4:40pm On Nov 07, 2017
aolawale025:
The banks are trying to resolve it. There's talk they may appeal the ruling

Wow! Thanks for the info. So you think I should be okay until Xmas?
Re: Any Update On The CBN Implementation Of Seizing Monies In BVN-less Accounts? by aolawale025: 4:45pm On Nov 07, 2017
astrodome:

Guess that depends on what the AGF decides eventually
Re: Any Update On The CBN Implementation Of Seizing Monies In BVN-less Accounts? by astrodome: 4:50pm On Nov 07, 2017
aolawale025:

Guess that depends on what the AGF decides eventually

Okay! I keep my fingers crossed. Thanks
Re: Any Update On The CBN Implementation Of Seizing Monies In BVN-less Accounts? by maslong(m): 4:51pm On Nov 07, 2017
astrodome:

Relax!!!, the villa thieves will not be allowed to thief your money.
Re: Any Update On The CBN Implementation Of Seizing Monies In BVN-less Accounts? by astrodome: 5:04pm On Nov 07, 2017
maslong:

Relax!!!, the villa thieves will not be allowed to thief your money.
grin grin grin grin grin Bro, would be sad to see my genuine hustle abroad go to the hawks just like that
Re: Any Update On The CBN Implementation Of Seizing Monies In BVN-less Accounts? by rafindo(m): 5:54pm On Nov 07, 2017
We would have developed if obeying the law was part of our culture. It is a simply directive given since 2014.if you have not done yours till now ,means it either you were in prison since or you are part of those the system is trying to fish out for non compliance. All this sentiment using cabal should not touch your cash is bullcrap.over their you obey their directive evening if it wrong legally or otherwise. The AGF needs to mop up all this fund immediately before this thieving director and yahoo boys divert the money.
It time we pay for not obeying the laws.

1 Like

Re: Any Update On The CBN Implementation Of Seizing Monies In BVN-less Accounts? by meforyou1(m): 6:26pm On Nov 07, 2017
Op, it is not CBN that is seizing money. Its the federal govt.
Have no fear. When u co.e xmas, do ur BVN and get full access to your account
Re: Any Update On The CBN Implementation Of Seizing Monies In BVN-less Accounts? by meforyou1(m): 6:31pm On Nov 07, 2017
rafindo:
We would have developed if obeying the law was part of our culture. It is a simply directive given since 2014.if you have not done yours till now ,means it either you were in prison since or you are part of those the system is trying to fish out for non compliance. All this sentiment using cabal should not touch your cash is bullcrap.over their you obey their directive evening if it wrong legally or otherwise. The AGF needs to mop up all this fund immediately before this thieving director and yahoo boys divert the money.
u should ask yourself "what if I were the one".
The guy lives abroad. In a country where there is no BVN centre.
If u were living in osogbo and they say the only BVN is south west is in lagos, i am sure u would not have done BVN till now. Not to talk of when they that there is no BVN centre in Nigeria that the closeat BVN to Nigerians is in Angola. How are u going to do? And be reminded that many Nigerians abroad dont have their complete papers yet, so they cant even travel out.

1 Like

Re: Any Update On The CBN Implementation Of Seizing Monies In BVN-less Accounts? by stonemasonn: 6:49pm On Nov 07, 2017
meforyou1:
If u were living in osogbo and they say the only BVN is south west is in lagos, i am sure u would not have done BVN till now. Not to talk of when they that there is no BVN centre in Nigeria that the closeat BVN to Nigerians is in Angola. How are u going to do? And be reminded that many Nigerians abroad dont have their complete papers yet, so they cant even travel out.
guy take 5....don't mind that guy jare......those Hausa/Fulani people don't have much people hustling their hearts and soul out abroad and sending forex home so they can make thoughtless decisions like this one.

1 Like

Re: Any Update On The CBN Implementation Of Seizing Monies In BVN-less Accounts? by astrodome: 6:55pm On Nov 07, 2017
meforyou1:
Op, it is not CBN that is seizing money. Its the federal govt.
Have no fear. When u co.e xmas, do ur BVN and get full access to your account

CBN vs. Federal govt, what is the difference? But I got your gist. Thanks.
Re: Any Update On The CBN Implementation Of Seizing Monies In BVN-less Accounts? by astrodome: 6:57pm On Nov 07, 2017
rafindo:

Are you okay? What does my ''small money'' made genuinely outside of Nigeria have to do with Nigeria's development? Am I the one stealing off all your money and preventing you from developing? Other are taking money out of Nigeria but I am bringing money in, and you are here talking crap. Take time oh!!
Re: Any Update On The CBN Implementation Of Seizing Monies In BVN-less Accounts? by astrodome: 6:58pm On Nov 07, 2017
meforyou1:

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Update On The CBN Implementation Of Seizing Monies In BVN-less Accounts? by ImperialYoruba: 7:35pm On Nov 07, 2017
rafindo:

I love this response. You must be Yoruba. grin

Op,
Thunder fire you! Give me your bank account and passcode and passport, with letter of authorization. I will personally walk into CBN and make sure your domiciliary account obtains waiver for excruciating cirmcumstances and all requirements for your BVN is put on hold till you return to this obodo.
Do you hear
Re: Any Update On The CBN Implementation Of Seizing Monies In BVN-less Accounts? by rafindo(m): 8:20pm On Nov 07, 2017
meforyou1:
If is stay is legal then no problem. The basis are obvious you only need to visit Nigeria embassy for more clarification on how to do your Bvn.it was clear to all and sundry that diaspora citizens should do theirs and it was on that the time was extended. We can not continue to tolerate illegality on the basis of sentiment. My grandmom did hers my aunty abroad did hers.he has no excuse except he his a fraud.For good 3 years he his still given an excuse.
Re: Any Update On The CBN Implementation Of Seizing Monies In BVN-less Accounts? by meforyou1(m): 8:50pm On Nov 07, 2017
rafindo:
If is stay is legal then no problem. The basis are obvious you only need to visit Nigeria embassy for more clarification on how to do your Bvn.it was clear to all and sundry that diaspora citizens should do theirs and it was on that the time was extended. We can not continue to tolerate illegality on the basis of sentiment. My grandmom did hers my aunty abroad did hers.he has no excuse except he his a fraud.For good 3 years he his still given an excuse.
ur first statement. "If you are legal". What about those that are not legal. And theg are so many
Re: Any Update On The CBN Implementation Of Seizing Monies In BVN-less Accounts? by meforyou1(m): 8:54pm On Nov 07, 2017
astrodome:

CBN vs. Federal govt, what is the difference? But I got your gist. Thanks.
there is a big difference, but i am not defending any. Just lets put things in the right perspective. CBN is a banker to the Federal govt, not the federal govt itself
Re: Any Update On The CBN Implementation Of Seizing Monies In BVN-less Accounts? by tuscani: 8:59pm On Nov 07, 2017
rafindo:
it is actually thoughts like yours that prevents development
Re: Any Update On The CBN Implementation Of Seizing Monies In BVN-less Accounts? by astrodome: 9:28pm On Nov 07, 2017
rafindo:

You are an unthinking dolt. Why did the Nigerian government not have BVN centers in every country where there is a Nigerian embassy?
Re: Any Update On The CBN Implementation Of Seizing Monies In BVN-less Accounts? by astrodome: 9:29pm On Nov 07, 2017
tuscani:
it is actually thoughts like yours that prevents development

Don't mind that cow

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Justified Calling You A Liar, PDP Tells Lai Mohammed / PDP Is Rebranding Itself With Stolen Arms Money- Lai Mohammed / Fuel Price: Caption This Pre-2015 Election Picture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.