Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,067 members, 7,956,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:15 AM

What Possible I.T Certifications Can Someone Who Didnt Computer Science Have? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Possible I.T Certifications Can Someone Who Didnt Computer Science Have? (912 Views)

UNIBEN VC Rewards I.T Student For Diligence / KAMA! They Knew He Killed His Wife But He Hired a lawyer that proved he didnt / Is I T Possible To Defer Admission In Oau Ile-ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Possible I.T Certifications Can Someone Who Didnt Computer Science Have? by boiz2men(m): 4:52pm On Nov 07, 2017
I would love to know what certifications i should thrive to acquire... I didnt study computer science in school but i tend to learn ICT seamlessly... in fact, i have developed a couple of applications for banks,individuals and organisations but i dont feel satisfied sad sad

i dont want to get a masters cause that is tiring and time-consuming.........

What certifications can i get? my current field is web development
Re: What Possible I.T Certifications Can Someone Who Didnt Computer Science Have? by AntiWailer: 5:07pm On Nov 07, 2017
What language ?

Ur language will determine the track.
Re: What Possible I.T Certifications Can Someone Who Didnt Computer Science Have? by boiz2men(m): 5:27pm On Nov 07, 2017
AntiWailer:
What language ?

Ur language will determine the track.

currently, im a laravel developer... i also do front end development using vue but i desire to have a certification in a sought after technology.....
Re: What Possible I.T Certifications Can Someone Who Didnt Computer Science Have? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 07, 2017
boiz2men:
I would love to know what certifications i should thrive to acquire... I didnt study computer science in school but i tend to learn ICT seamlessly... in fact, i have developed a couple of applications for banks,individuals and organisations but i dont feel satisfied sad sad

i dont want to get a masters cause that is tiring and time-consuming.........

What certifications can i get? my current field is web development

If you wanna go into ICT, don't carry this mind " certifications ", go after the knowledge, something you'll love doing. Note, it's congested, it's not really the goldmine it is painted, and you may be going into it for a long time, not as a shortcut to quick success, if this is taken to mind, you will be mind.

I suggest you look into video animation (It is less clustered and the returns you can make on jobs can be high )

Database management ( SQL and the likes )

App Development is something else you should explore

Visit an ICT center for counseling or place a call acorss. Try New Horizons
Re: What Possible I.T Certifications Can Someone Who Didnt Computer Science Have? by boiz2men(m): 6:36pm On Nov 07, 2017
KreativGenius:

If you wanna go into ICT, don't carry this mind " certifications ", go after the knowledge, something you'll love doing. Note, it's congested, it's not really the goldmine it is painted, and you may be going into it for a long time, not as a shortcut to quick success, if this is taken to mind, you will be mind.

I suggest you look into video animation (It is less clustered and the returns you can make on jobs can be high )

Database management ( SQL and the likes )

App Development is something else you should explore

Visit an ICT center for counseling or place a call acorss. Try New Horizons

bro.. i am in ICT already... i want to get certified.. i dont get very big projects because of that..... i know mobile app development.. I use ionic and sometimes phonegap/Cordova
Re: What Possible I.T Certifications Can Someone Who Didnt Computer Science Have? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 07, 2017
boiz2men:

bro.. i am in ICT already... i want to get certified.. i dont get very big projects because of that..... i know mobile app development.. I use ionic and sometimes phonegap/Cordova

I see. You're right sha. I suggest New Horizons

Na wa oh, from med science to ICT. What's wrong with all of us ? wink grin grin I'm quitting ICT jare, heading back to med science back.
Re: What Possible I.T Certifications Can Someone Who Didnt Computer Science Have? by boiz2men(m): 6:50pm On Nov 07, 2017
KreativGenius:

I see. You're right sha. I suggest New Horizons

Na wa oh, from med science to ICT. What's wrong with all of us ? wink grin grin I'm quitting ICT jare, heading back to med science back.

dont get me wrong.... i still practise but im making the transition slowly... ICT is the future.. as far as i know, you can be at best comfortable with any medical discipline but ICT.. blood money.. grin grin grin
Re: What Possible I.T Certifications Can Someone Who Didnt Computer Science Have? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 07, 2017
boiz2men:

dont get me wrong.... i still practise but im making the transition slowly... ICT is the future.. as far as i know, you can be at best comfortable with any medical discipline but ICT.. blood money.. grin grin grin

I've been in ICT 10-12 years now. I don't stand up from PC, always this and that. No time to meet chicks, it's eating up my life abeg, i'm quitting, going back to Med Science abeg, that has always been my second love, funny i'm running away from where you're running into. I know ICT is money but i need a life abeg grin
Re: What Possible I.T Certifications Can Someone Who Didnt Computer Science Have? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 07, 2017
boiz2men:

Genetic coding and DNA manipulation na the next gold mine, so i'm porting from ICT back to genetics abeg grin Maybe i go meet classy chicks there like you docs. We ICT guys cause we spend virtually all day on PC, we no dey meet better chicks
Re: What Possible I.T Certifications Can Someone Who Didnt Computer Science Have? by boiz2men(m): 7:03pm On Nov 07, 2017
KreativGenius:

I've been in ICT 10-12 years now. I don't stand up from PC, always this and that. No time to meet chicks, it's eating up my life abeg, i'm quitting, going back to Med Science abeg, that has always been my second love, funny i'm running away from where you're running into. I know ICT is money but i need a life abeg grin

you are very correct.. ICT geeks are very busy....... but have you seen a doctor who is free with time? biko, since its your feild, help a brother.. what certification do i opt for? i need something that is highly desirable in the tech sector...
Re: What Possible I.T Certifications Can Someone Who Didnt Computer Science Have? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 07, 2017
boiz2men:

you are very correct.. ICT geeks are very busy....... but have you seen a doctor who is free with time? biko, since its your feild, help a brother.. what certification do i opt for? i need something that is highly desirable in the tech sector...

I gave clues, don't go to fields that are clustered. Go for database management, Video Animation ( This is gold ), too many people aren't going for this. These are the two i can suggest confidently.I advice you pickup your phone call Karox or New Horizon. God punish ICT and how it ripped me off time, sitting down 10-14 hours daily for 10years, hell no. I'm retiring. Chicks, Docs, here I come grin Not doc, doc-ing is boring to me, i meant med science, i'll settle for genetics jare, i go dey code, decode, have free time for life. ICT has taken away precious times from me. No time to explore
Re: What Possible I.T Certifications Can Someone Who Didnt Computer Science Have? by boiz2men(m): 7:07pm On Nov 07, 2017
KreativGenius:

Genetic coding and DNA manipulation na the next gold mine, so i'm porting from ICT back to genetics abeg grin Maybe i go meet classy chicks there like you docs. We ICT guys cause we spend virtually all day on PC, we no dey meet better chicks

hahaha .. goodluck with that... i like ICT because it makes you a creative thinker... Medical Practitioners do not invent new things.. we just apply the creativity of others.... Its fun for me when i write codes...... code is life my dear... im shocked you running away... there are babes in ICT too na... and they smart too, any ICT babe is smart...
Re: What Possible I.T Certifications Can Someone Who Didnt Computer Science Have? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 07, 2017
boiz2men:

hahaha .. goodluck with that... i like ICT because it makes you a creative thinker... Medical Practitioners do not invent new things.. we just apply the creativity of others.... Its fun for me when i write codes...... code is life my dear... im shocked you running away... there are babes in ICT too na... and they smart too, any ICT babe is smart...

ICT babes carry wahala for head. They're worse than the guys. Abeg.

Medicacl practitioners depend on medical researchers. Research is my field. Sit down, brainstorm hypothesis enter lab, we're your bosses nau grin grin grin Godpunish ICT for making me waste too much time on it. Back to the labs. yes, there's money, i think creatively, but no life. You know in a week, i hardly meet a new face? In a month, i may meet just 2-3 new people, cause always on PC working
Re: What Possible I.T Certifications Can Someone Who Didnt Computer Science Have? by boiz2men(m): 7:09pm On Nov 07, 2017
KreativGenius:

I gave clues, don't go to fields that are clustered. Go for database management, Video Animation ( This is gold ), too many people aren't going for this. These are the two i can suggest confidently.I advice you pickup your phone call Karox or New Horizon. God punish ICT and how it ripped me off time, sitting down 10-14 hours daily for 10years, hell no. I'm retiring. Chicks, Docs, here I come grin Not doc, doc-ing is boring to me, i meant med science, i'll settle for genetics jare, i go dey code, decode, have free time for life. ICT has taken away precious times from me. No time to explore

video animation sounds like childs play... I may be the guy who would build the next big thing... having a certification in that may not put me in the position of doing that.. Database management sounds more like it...
Re: What Possible I.T Certifications Can Someone Who Didnt Computer Science Have? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 07, 2017
boiz2men:

video animation sounds like childs play... I may be the guy who would build the next big thing... having a certification in that may not put me in the position of doing that.. Database management sounds more like it...

Yes database management is promising, as new companies springs up, they will always need database managers
Re: What Possible I.T Certifications Can Someone Who Didnt Computer Science Have? by boiz2men(m): 7:12pm On Nov 07, 2017
KreativGenius:

ICT babes carry wahala for head. They're worse than the guys. Abeg.

Medicacl practitioners depend on medical researchers. Research is my field. Sit down, brainstorm hypothesis enter lab, we're your bosses nau grin grin grin Godpunish ICT for making me waste too much time on it. Back to the labs. yes, there's money, i think creatively, but no life. You know in a week, i hardly meet a new face? In a month, i may meet just 2-3 new people, cause always on PC working

bros, in the hospital..... you see different faces of patients everyday... it is boring joor..... you have a low turnout of patient... you will want to commit suicide and run away... but its sweeter if you are a consultant sha...
Re: What Possible I.T Certifications Can Someone Who Didnt Computer Science Have? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 07, 2017
boiz2men:

bros, in the hospital..... you see different faces of patients everyday... it is boring joor..... you have a low turnout of patient... you will want to commit suicide and run away... but its sweeter if you are a consultant sha...

Yeah, independency has always been my thing. Never made a CV, never worked for anyone. I'l work as a consultant and independent researcher jare. I see massive openings again in med science over the next ten years, time to port. Explored over ten ICT fields, i'm bored. I need new challenges, hospital, una dey try the smell of those stuffs are sickening, its why i've always ran away from it. Med research is fun, like coding, research and research and research. One can think creatively infinitely.

(1) (Reply)

Sat, Toefl, Gmat, Act, Gre And Igcse Books Available At The Cheapest Prices / See The Reasons Why JAMB Will Seize Your Result. / Can I Study Computer Science If Am Not Too Good In Maths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.