Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,005 members, 7,866,812 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:55 AM

Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana (25422 Views)

Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel / Winners Chapel University Abuja - Nasarawa Kicks Off / Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by toluxa1(m): 2:09pm On Nov 08, 2017
kumakunta:
how is the one in Nigeria serving living faith members in Nigeria ? When 60% members won't be able to afford the pay . Just say it another source of income for the church .

OK, it is another source of income for the church. Are you satisfied? You're OK now abi? Oya go and play..

PS: You can't Have what you Hate, you can't Attract what you Attack!
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 08, 2017
muller101:
at least it's still affordable to some extent even to the average earning citizen.

Yes, because govt subsidies pay the rest.

It costs 600000 per annum to train one Nigerian university student. Govt pays most of that cost. And even then it isn't enough to fund govt unis adequately

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by muller101(m): 2:11pm On Nov 08, 2017
9jakohai:

Does money grow on trees.?
You people think Oyedepo is getting cash from the govt for his unis.

Fact is, he ain't. Hence the high fees.

University is not cheap
yes Money grow on trees. That's why banks have branches

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by MaziOmenuko: 2:12pm On Nov 08, 2017
Ghanians of Winners chapel, I pitty for una. Na so ee take start. They will appeal to you guys to give and sow seeds and give more becuase they want a world class university to carter for your children's educational advancement. You will give and give and give your all. By the time they finish building the school, your children will not be able to school there becuase of course you can't afford the fees.. They will then remind you that education is not free anywhere in the world. They will start a scholarship scheme that will carter for less than 20 students per year and claim they are doing charity work also.

You think I am lying? Come down to Canaan university here in Nigeria. It's the prototype they are about to start for you guys there.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by joystickextendr: 2:13pm On Nov 08, 2017
i hope it will be affordable

Meanwhile guys check out my profile for your extender products
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by muller101(m): 2:13pm On Nov 08, 2017
9jakohai:

Yes, because govt subsidies pay the rest.
the church should do the same after all they tax the members in form of tithe
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by fadaonyenna(m): 2:13pm On Nov 08, 2017
OtemSapien:
Magas don pay, shout HALLELUYAH!!!

Our tithes and offerings are working grin
Pay ur tithe or ai wee open d gate of hell and rain curse upon yu grin grin

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by OtemSapien: 2:13pm On Nov 08, 2017
9jakohai:

Grow up.

University isn't cheap.

Even if Oyedepo sells all his private jets, and his bling bling he still won't have enough for funding.

Go and ask the atheist afe babalola why he charges high fees too, or why govt cannot find 3 trillion for our universities.
You are talking out of point. Afe Babalola didn't use our tithes and offerings to build university. Oledepo used our tithes and offerings so he should be able to subsidize it for us na.

2 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 08, 2017
TheVictorious:

Guy, I can see that the educational revolution is taking over West Africa, and indeed Africa, but don't you think that will greatly reduce the amount of Ghanian applicants and other neighboring countries to them contesting for a space in Covenant University?
Yes indeed it may and that could affect the internationalisation rank of CU on Times Higher. But hopefully as CU continues to rise on rankings to at least top 400 in d next 2 or 3 years then more foreigners who are not LFC members would begin to seek admissions there regardless of the competition between LFC universities.
Frankly I am also worried about Landmark. A living faith university in Abuja may dry out her supply for students if Care isn't taken. The trick for Landmark would be to concentrate all Undergraduate scholarship of David Oyedepo foundation on Landmark only. Then Concentrate 60% of all scholarship fund for PG studies to Covenant university.

But in all I believe Covenant has carved out its own name and brand and would forever be sought after. If the Church is faithful to her commitment to Covenant as her Flagship university then Covenant may in fact be more internationally popular than Living faith itself.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 08, 2017
TheVictorious:

Guy, I can see that the educational revolution is taking over West Africa, and indeed Africa, but don't you think that will greatly reduce the amount of Ghanian applicants and other neighboring countries to them contesting for a space in Covenant University?
Yes indeed it may and that could affect the internationalisation rank of CU on Times Higher. But hopefully as CU continues to rise on rankings to at least top 400 in d next 2 or 3 years then more foreigners who are not LFC members would begin to seek admissions there regardless of the competition between LFC universities.
Frankly I am also worried about Landmark. A living faith university in Abuja may dry out her supply for students if Care isn't taken. The trick for Landmark would be to concentrate all Undergraduate scholarship of David Oyedepo foundation on Landmark only. Then Concentrate 60% of all scholarship fund for PG studies to Covenant university.

But in all I believe Covenant has carved out its own name and brand and would forever be sought after. If the Church is faithful to her commitment to Covenant as her Flagship university then Covenant may in fact be more internationally popular than Living faith itself in a few years..
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by linearity: 2:16pm On Nov 08, 2017
Statsocial:

The Church has two universities in Nigeria already and two more currently under construction. This Ghanian own is to serve living faith members in over 150 branches in Ghana and is the only one planned for the nation Ghana till at least 2032.
Lalasticlala

You know that is misleading & false.

As it serves the rich in the population, who will be able to afford the high school fees and that, there are no caveats or special considerations for members.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 08, 2017
muller101:
yes Money grow on trees. That's why banks have branches

Well, it doesn't.

A university is a fund hungry machine. Largely because it is meant to be for training and research.

The fact that we don't have stable light and water makes many private universities have to pay for their ownsupply.

And many of these private unis have to pay their staff at the same level govt pays it's staff.

That is why fees are high.

I don't like Oyedepo. I think he is preaching flawed Christianity, but I have the good sense to know that university ain't cheap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Caseless: 2:16pm On Nov 08, 2017
zionmade1:

Must it be in Nigeria?
yes. We are trying to discourage education tourism of Nigerians to university built by Nigerians abroad, and you're celebrating this.

Oyedepo is a business man .

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by cstr1000: 2:17pm On Nov 08, 2017
zionmade1:

Must it be in Nigeria?
You don't have enough universities, let alone world class ones and you are asking if it must be in Nigeria.
Even Ghana have more universities per capital than Nigeria and better ones too.
You people are so deluded- from the government to the citizens.
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by wildchild02: 2:17pm On Nov 08, 2017
good one

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get it customized FREE OF CHARGE
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by RillJ(m): 2:18pm On Nov 08, 2017
How do the ones in Nigeria serve living faith members?
Churches owned Universities have nothing, absolutely no service reserved for members.

Statsocial:

The Church has two universities in Nigeria already and two more currently under construction. This Ghanian own is to serve living faith members in over 150 branches in Ghana and is the only one planned for the nation Ghana till at least 2032.
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by MaziOmenuko: 2:20pm On Nov 08, 2017
9jakohai:

Grow up.

University isn't cheap.

Even if Oyedepo sells all his private jets, and his bling bling he still won't have enough for funding.

Hehehe....see dem! Dem no go enter bank ask for loan to build university so dey can charge as much as they like. Dem go extract money from church members and build their universities, after that, they will remember say university no dey cheap again.
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Xisnin(m): 2:21pm On Nov 08, 2017
What makes a university world class?

I have seen many private Nigerian universities abuse this
adjective countless times without specifics.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 08, 2017
OtemSapien:

You are talking out of point. Afe Babalola didn't use our tithes and offerings to build university. Oledepo used our tithes and offerings so he should be able to subsidize it for us na.

Even if he did, at the end of the day, he would be broke, and have to close his university, and that is going to make things worse, especially as regards the limited spaces available for students who pass jamb.

And why should atheists get a free pass for charging high fees? I thought the new dogma was that you atheists are more moral than us religious?

University is expensive. Religion got nowt to do with it
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 08, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Hehehe....see dem! Dem no go enter bank ask for loan to build university so dey can charge as much as they like. Dem go extract money from church members and build their universities, after that, they will remember say university no dey cheap again.

So Oyedepo should pay staff 80000 and less, and forget about expanding facilities so that his school can be free.

Anyway, your problem is with Oyedepo, not with university funding, so we ain't on the same wavelength. Ta

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by SageTravels: 2:25pm On Nov 08, 2017
muller101:
at least it's still affordable to some extent even to the average earning citizen.

For your mind. Do you know what it takes to run a university? Can you volunteer to work at the university for free

2 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 08, 2017
hucienda:
Hope the worshippers would be able to afford it.

Quality education is expensive. People who cannot afford it should go to a government-owned institution.

2 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by centboy123456(m): 2:25pm On Nov 08, 2017
Burger01:
It's business as usual smiley

am telling you
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by SageTravels: 2:26pm On Nov 08, 2017
kumakunta:
LOL.. Winners chapel PRO

LWKMD Nairaland PRO
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by otokx(m): 2:30pm On Nov 08, 2017
They will save a lot on electricity bills.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by FAMILY247(m): 2:37pm On Nov 08, 2017
Please are their foreign students in convenant university OTa

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by ultramedia15: 2:38pm On Nov 08, 2017
Wow!

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 08, 2017
Caseless:
yes. We are trying to discourage education tourism of Nigerians to university built by Nigerians abroad, and you're celebrating this.

Oyedepo is a business man .
The income of Living faith comes from over 60 countries in the world hence no nation can claim monopoly over the Church's funding.
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Yujiz(m): 2:41pm On Nov 08, 2017
SageTravels:

So the one Government built with your tax is free
It's subsidized at least but these ones arent
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Ekitiparapo(m): 2:43pm On Nov 08, 2017
it would be so nice if winners chapel can build world class teaching hospitals that would cater for peoples health.Nigeria need good hospitals

2 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 08, 2017
Xisnin:
What makes a university world class?

I have seen many private Nigerian universities abuse this
adjective countless times without specifics.
Landmark and Covenant are world class by every standard. Take a tour of those two universities first then lemme hear your opinion. If you are interested I could always link you up with the University tour guide club.....
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 08, 2017
Ekitiparapo:
it would be so nice if winners chapel can build world class teaching hospitals that would cater for peoples health.Nigeria need good hospitals
Yes they have a 700 teaching hospital planned in Naija.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige / Corona School Celebrates Its 60th Anniversary Gala (Photos) / BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.