Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,725 members, 7,862,324 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 01:58 PM

Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana (25405 Views)

Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel / Winners Chapel University Abuja - Nasarawa Kicks Off / Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by johnnyvid(m): 6:10pm On Nov 08, 2017
9jakohai:

Does money grow on trees.?
You people think Oyedepo is getting cash from the govt for his unis.

Fact is, he ain't. Hence the high fees.

University is not cheap
but am asking, please why is that germany and other european countries are making their university tuition to be free hmmm? well just to tell you here that 85% students of Adeleke university, Ede are on scholarships. you can google it and find out about them. if papa oyedepo want to make all the university to be free, he will make it free. Dr Adeleke isn't a cleric but a business man and a philanthropist. like wise bishop oyedepo too.
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 08, 2017
johnnyvid:
but am asking, please why is that germany and other european countries are making their university tuition to be free hmmm? well just to tell you here that 85% students of Adeleke university, Ede are on scholarships. you can google it and find out about them. if papa oyedepo want to make all the university to be free, he will make it free. Dr Adeleke isn't a cleric but a business man and a philanthropist. like wise bishop oyedepo too.

1.Germany and other European countries have their citizens pay high taxes(as much as 50% of your salary) for the privilege of free education.

2.Of course, if you cannot afford covenant, you look for scholarship money.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 08, 2017
How about one name several campuses, for example "Covenant University- Tinapa.
I guess it is all about the money!
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by bilulu(m): 6:44pm On Nov 08, 2017
9jakohai:

University is not cheap.

If you want the worshippers to afford it, make Oyedepo pay his staff salaries less than 80000 monthly and forget about using generator.

I don't like Oyedepo, but university is not cheap.
don't forget dat those people saying its not cheap went to school free of charge
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by hakeem4(m): 6:45pm On Nov 08, 2017
Chartey:

The money for funding this university is likely from the members in Ghana. Do you understand now?
okay sir, thanks for the information

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 08, 2017
johnnyvid:
you will always be wasting your time if you are arguing with their P.R.O statsocial. he has been up there to post the news of his alma matter. as it stand CU doesn't rate or compare to university in germany talk less of TuM. you can google it out. most of the universities n germany are tuition free. not to talk of job perspectives. Cu graduates are still jobless.
You this TuM guy again grin
Issorait its a matter of time with dedication and funding we can exceed TuM's impact.
As regard tuition free Universities in Germany. They aren't really free, the tax rate in Germany is about 50% hence people already paid for the so called free education you are so excited about. You understand that kind of setting would hardly work for Church Universities because Donations are voluntary and not necessarily consistent.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 08, 2017
johnnyvid:
Now don't let anyone deceive you there is no Private University in Naija that runs 85% scholarship. Don't let anyone deceive you!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by activistjohnny(m): 7:23pm On Nov 08, 2017
9jakohai:

1.Germany and other European countries have their citizens pay high taxes(as much as 50% of your salary) for the privilege of free education.

2.Of course, if you cannot afford covenant, you look for scholarship money.
1. As if Nigerians aren't paying taxes. you must be wrong with what you type here.
2. well to the glory of God, i have passed out from government owned tertiary university. throughout my 4 years in school, i didn't spent close to 200k talkless of spending millions of naira. i even enjoyed my staying in the school. if a tertiary institutions is based its school for business, forget it nothing will come out of it. TUM has been ranked one of the best in Germany but still it is tuition free university. a philanthropist or a giver won't even see the business drive in the institution. what he/she will look to sponsor the tuition of the less privilege and also give to the society.you will soon understand what i mean soon.
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by activistjohnny(m): 7:28pm On Nov 08, 2017
Statsocial:

Now don't let anyone deceive you there is no Private University in Naija that runs 85% scholarship. Don't let anyone deceive you!
this is the link of what am talking about here. read it here from this think. https://www.nairaland.com/3930130/82-students-adeleke-university-scholarship. it is on punch newspaper too.Dr. Adeleke is a giver. read it well
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by activistjohnny(m): 7:35pm On Nov 08, 2017
Statsocial:

You this TuM guy again grin
Issorait its a matter of time with dedication and funding we can exceed TuM's impact.
As regard tuition free Universities in Germany. They aren't really free, the tax rate in Germany is about 50% hence people already paid for the so called free education you are so excited about. You understand that kind of setting would hardly work for Church Universities because Donations are voluntary and not necessarily consistent.
your so called advertised schools here are business driven school. no innovations. i can mentioned series of schools in Germany that are always bid for series of international awards. all these schools are tuition free universities.now back to your questions, it is the government of Germany and other philanthropic individuals are been footing the bills of education in Germany and other European countries schools. most of them based their schools on innovation and not always business oriented. google is your friend about the tuition free schools in Germany and other European schools. once admitted, you will only paid for enrollment fee, feeding fee and accommodation fee. you are still a novice. so i don't have to argue with you here. google is your friend. make some research on it. not arguing blindly.
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 08, 2017
activistjohnny:
this is the link of what am talking about here. read it here from this think. https://www.nairaland.com/3930130/82-students-adeleke-university-scholarship. it is on punch newspaper too.Dr. Adeleke is a giver. read it well
Don't be naive. It's OK sha if you choose to believe that anyway. But hope you know that about 200 people are on university scholarship in living faith universities.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by activistjohnny(m): 8:05pm On Nov 08, 2017
Statsocial:

Don't be naive. It's OK sha if you choose to believe that anyway. But hope you know that about 200 people are on university scholarship in living faith universities.
By posting this link to you here, it has doused some tensions here. infact the school has one of the best infrastructure in west Africa. aren't it amazing. whom the Lord has blessed no one can curse. he has been sponsoring series of people since he has reached the peak of greatness in life and destiny. 85% of students are on scholarships. and you are telling me the sponsored students won't do well in their career and give back to their society. he has been a great achiever i must say. Dr. Adeleke has sponsored series of less privilege students in babkock universities too. he has been pertaining about the future of these kids.
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 08, 2017
activistjohnny:
your so called advertised schools here are business driven school. no innovations. i can mentioned series of schools in Germany that are always bid for series of international awards. all these schools are tuition free universities.now back to your questions, it is the government of Germany and other philanthropic individuals are been footing the bills of education in Germany and other European countries schools. most of them based their schools on innovation and not always business oriented. google is your friend about the tuition free schools in Germany and other European schools. once admitted, you will only paid for enrollment fee, feeding fee and accommodation fee. you are still a novice. so i don't have to argue with you here. google is your friend. make some research on it. not arguing blindly.
No innovation yet they got 1.7 billion grant from US, NIH to work on Entomology research with Isi Kenya and Makerere Uganda
https://www.nairaland.com/4081575/nih-usa-grants-covenant-university

No innovation yet they have about 10 grants from even your so celebrated Germany on numerous projects
http://cubre.covenantuniversity.edu.ng/index.php/research-grants/#.WgNT1Yko_qA

No innovation yet given $3million for West African Virus Epidemiology project.
http://www.pulse.ng/communities/student/west-african-virus-epidemiology-covenant-uni-vc-commissions-wave-project-id3914983.html

No innovation yet we were giving $200,000to develop evolution proof insecticide.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/covenant-varsity-don-discovers-way-to-eradicate-malaria/amp/

This are just projects in my department which has one out of 21 research clusters in Covenant. What about our university funded research nko. We just don't have time for bragging. http://cubre.covenantuniversity.edu.ng

You know I could go on and on with other departmental research clusters but I am too tired for all these right now. Feel free enjoy ur TuM I would enjoy my Covenant uni

3 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by dedunji: 8:15pm On Nov 08, 2017
RicardoRich:
Why not in Nigeria ?
Is the church an housa church abi no be housa get Nigeria.
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Acidosis(m): 9:11pm On Nov 08, 2017
freeman95:
Is it free for Christians

If not. Fvck it!

Will you work there for free?

Will you pay your tithe there?

If No, fvck you.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Acidosis(m): 9:11pm On Nov 08, 2017
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:18pm On Nov 08, 2017
muller101:
at least it's still affordable to some extent even to the average earning citizen.
affordable indeed... Filled with sadist strikes up and down...but can't all this money be used to establish industries for pple to work with
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by haywhy146(m): 9:33pm On Nov 08, 2017
[quote author=kumakunta post=62187372]how is the one in Nigeria serving living faith members in Nigeria ? When 60% members won't be able to afford the pay . Just say it another source of income for the church .[ Must a university owned by a church be cheap only to it's members?? University is University whether federal, state, or private owned]
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by femia1(m): 10:07pm On Nov 08, 2017
Find out how much teachers are been paid then you will be shocked, you mention 80000 naira.
9jakohai:

University is not cheap.

If you want the worshippers to afford it, make Oyedepo pay his staff salaries less than 80000 monthly and forget about using generator.

I don't like Oyedepo, but university is not cheap.

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by tonguengineer(m): 12:40am On Nov 09, 2017
Statsocial:

The Church has two universities in Nigeria already and two more currently under construction. This Ghanian own is to serve living faith members in over 150 branches in Ghana and is the only one planned for the nation Ghana till at least 2032.

*Someone just said living faith members can't afford the ones in Naija and I just laugh. You just come to Covenant on Sunday when Living faith finishes their service in Canaanland then you would understand that indeed many Living faith families are schooling in CU. Hence their is usually more activity in the university on Sunday than on Saturday because parents would definitely come around to check their wards. And that's just Living Faith Canaanland. What about living faith families in Warrior, PH, Abuja, Oyo etc who also have their kids there and can't come and visit on Sunday. I believe winners chapel has some of the wealthiest people in this country if not how could they have bought out an entire 3,000 unit of Houses at Ota in a short period .*
Pls what is the name of the university being built in abuja now?
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Sava4: 1:02am On Nov 09, 2017
grin
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Nobody: 5:38am On Nov 09, 2017
tonguengineer:

Pls what is the name of the university being built in abuja now?
Initially it was meant to be named kings uni but another university has now been registered to that name. So i guess they would chose something else but I don't know what they ve chosen right now.
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by freeman95(m): 5:42am On Nov 09, 2017
Acidosis:

Will you work there for free?

Will you pay your tithe there?

If No, fvck you.

What is this one saying?

The money used in building it, is it not from people's tithe and offering? Or where else do churches get money from?
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Acidosis(m): 7:03am On Nov 09, 2017
freeman95:

What is this one saying?

The money used in building it, is it not from people's tithe and offering? Or where else do churches get money from?

Is it your money?
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by freeman95(m): 8:00am On Nov 09, 2017
Acidosis:

Is it your money?

Ask your pastors

Oh for u to be this pained u must be an upcoming pastor I guess lol
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 09, 2017
activistjohnny:
1. As if Nigerians aren't paying taxes. you must be wrong with what you type here.
2. well to the glory of God, i have passed out from government owned tertiary university. throughout my 4 years in school, i didn't spent close to 200k talkless of spending millions of naira. i even enjoyed my staying in the school. if a tertiary institutions is based its school for business, forget it nothing will come out of it. TUM has been ranked one of the best in Germany but still it is tuition free university. a philanthropist or a giver won't even see the business drive in the institution. what he/she will look to sponsor the tuition of the less privilege and also give to the society.you will soon understand what i mean soon.

1,No i am not wrong....I pay taxes...but it isnt up to 50% OF my salary. In Germany, it is, and don't get me started on additional taxes like council taxes.

Plus, many foreign schools also get donations from companies and very wealthy individuals.

There is no such thing as free education. Someone has to pay for it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by tonguengineer(m): 3:49pm On Nov 09, 2017
Statsocial:

Initially it was meant to be named kings uni but another university has now been registered to that name. So i guess they would chose something else but I don't know what they ve chosen right now.
Kk thanks

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Themandator: 8:46am On Nov 10, 2017
johnnyvid:

At your age you believe the crap that 85 percent of the Adeleke University student are on scholarship from the owner ... maybe somebody else gave them the scholarship certainly not the school.... school that is funded with public fund would give you scholarship and the banks would sit by and clap

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by johnnyvid(m): 2:21pm On Nov 10, 2017
Themandator:

At your age you believe the crap that 85 percent of the Adeleke University student are on scholarship from the owner ... maybe somebody else gave them the scholarship certainly not the school.... school that is funded with public fund would give you scholarship and the banks would sit by and clap
The owner of the school said 85% of students of the school are on scholarships bases, and you are still doubting him. am sorry to say it here, you can never believe a true man. only those that will be lieing to you and be milking you dry that you will be satisfied with. i pasted the link of the news here, you are still doubting it. check hard copy of punch newspaper for more details and pictures. or go through their website on: www.adelekeuniversity.edu.ng.
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana by Themandator: 7:51pm On Nov 10, 2017
johnnyvid:
The owner of the school said 85% of students of the school are on scholarships bases, and you are still doubting him. am sorry to say it here, you can never believe a true man. only those that will be lieing to you and be milking you dry that you will be satisfied with. i pasted the link of the news here, you are still doubting it. check hard copy of punch newspaper for more details and pictures. or go through their website on: www.adelekeuniversity.edu.ng.

He should keep it up .... God bless him and provide for him the more to open another somewhere

I followed your link and entered the school portal ...but couldn't locate the 85% scholarship information.please where can i find it in their portal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike / The Owner Of Dowen College Hasn’t Called Me Till Now - Sylvester's Father Speaks / Four UNILAG Students Jailed For Cult Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.