Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,999 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Rules For Visiting Your Mechanic - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Rules For Visiting Your Mechanic (1328 Views)

5 Best Kept Secrets Your Mechanic Doesn’t Want You To Know / Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread / How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rules For Visiting Your Mechanic by aprokomania(m): 2:59pm On Nov 08, 2017
I am writing this with a heavy heart. I am sitting here in my mechanic workshop, waiting for them to spray paint some scratches on my vehicle body, but that is not why I am sad.
You see, I saw a boy who said he will wash my headlamps and make them shine, and out of the kindness of my heart, I gave him the contract. He was to do it at five hundred naira.

while I was distracted, little imp told me my headlight was bad, and I have to buy a new one. Now I know that is a lie, but there is no way to prove it.

He brings one burned out light and says it is mine.

Long story short, I am going home with one light working, while ogbeni will most likely sell my light as Belgium.

Here are three important rules to guide you so you don't fall victim like I just did.

1 stay woke. these guys are all crooks. monitor every little thing they touch. they have been at their game for aeons and you are a visitor. they will not find it difficult stealing any and every of your car parts. It is their hobby.

2 never give them money to buy parts for you. take the pains to go and look for it and get a good bargain. They will collect 10,000 naira for brake pad and 30 thousand for battery if you allow them.

3 if you must let them buy anything for you, verify it is original. they have a penchant for giving substandard products to their clients. It gives them orgasms.

stay woke. don't be sheep.

#concerned and heartbroken citizen

2 Likes

Re: Rules For Visiting Your Mechanic by aprokomania(m): 3:03pm On Nov 08, 2017
oh, and never leave your car with them overnight, you will get a shell the next morning, and they will tell you that is how you brought it.
Re: Rules For Visiting Your Mechanic by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 08, 2017
LOL, sorry about your bad but funny experience. Is the boy a mechanic at the shop or one random boy who approached you? I'm just wondering why you listened to him saying your headlight was bad. Thank goodness my car has been working fine so far but mechanics here are decent. I'll keep your tips in mind anyway.

aprokomania:
oh, and never leave your car with them overnight, you will get a shell the next morning, and they will tell you that is how you brought it.
Lmbo cheesy
Re: Rules For Visiting Your Mechanic by aprokomania(m): 1:31pm On Nov 09, 2017
Gluhbirne:
LOL, sorry about your bad but funny experience. Is the boy a mechanic at the shop or one random boy who approached you? I'm just wondering why you listened to him saying your headlight was bad. Thank goodness my car has been working fine so far but mechanics here are decent. I'll keep your tips in mind anyway.

Lmbo cheesy
he is the electrical person. he's one of them I'm sure they are all in on the scam. losers.
Re: Rules For Visiting Your Mechanic by DaimlerBen(m): 6:42pm On Nov 09, 2017
aprokomania:
...They will collect 10,000 naira for brake pad and 30 thousand for battery if you allow them...
If I may ask, how much do you think original brake pads & battery cost?
Penny wise...

(1) (Reply)

Only A Car's Engine For Sale At N138,600,000....which Car? / Opel Touch And Connect Radio Unlock Code / Be The First To See The First Photo Of The 2019 Lexus UX SUV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.