Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,471 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job (11604 Views)

Visa Lottery Winner, Other Arrested Over Scam Marriage / Dv Lottery Winners Pls Advice: Is There A Secret For Winning The Visa Lottery / Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job by Ndipe(m): 5:14am On Mar 23, 2007
Ade4real, you have to realize that it is extremely rare for a Nigerian with a degree from home to get a job, tougher still, for professional jobs, advertised on those sites. And usually, such sites have jobs that are mostly 'office jobs'. Best bet would be to sign up with an agency and enroll in a nursing school.
Re: I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job by jidody(m): 6:29pm On Mar 23, 2007
I've been in your shoes before. I had a good job before leaving Nigeria. Earning like 135k per month working as an accountant. As soon as I arrived the US, using different online headhunters and after about 13 different interviews, I landed a job that pays me $6,300 per month (2 months after arriving the US). This amount is more than enough for me to maintain whatever lifestyle I want and also make very decent savings for future investments. I am indeed much happier than before. So be very optimistic, I think its all about packaging yourself well no matter your field. The US has opportunities for all fields.

1 Like

Re: I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job by wales1: 9:07am On Mar 24, 2007
Hi guys, thanks for all your replies. I didn't expect that so many of you will respond to my topic. When I first posted on this thread, I did not get any respond. And so I did not log in again until today when I saw so many replies. It took me some time to digest all the informations given. I was also busy preparing my trip to the US. Samn, for your information, I'm a 25 years old male for Jos. I have a Bachelor in Business administration and Management from a local University. I have some working experiences in sales and I was working as a English teacher in Vietnam before I came back to Nigeria last September. I intend to go to California and I know its not going to be easy. But I have decided to take this risk as I have nothing left here. Family? I wish I have one but I lost them all in a crises a few years ago. Thank you once again for all your replies. Please do tell me if there are other things that I should look out for or any other additional informations. My email is waleskingsley@yahoo.com.
Re: I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job by knuckbuck(m): 9:40am On Mar 24, 2007
I won the DV 2007 Lottery and i've filled the forms and sent them back. I am yet to hear from the Immigration Dept. All the people that i know that won the lottery are yet to get a call up for visa interview just like me. I got my letter since may 2006. Is there anybody out there with the same problem or anyone that has gotten his interview letter? Please Let me know!
Thanks
Re: I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job by Ndipe(m): 10:54am On Mar 24, 2007
@Wales, where in California would you be residing in? If you dont mind, what exactly happened to your family members, and in what crisis?
Re: I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job by ejeibec(m): 1:05am On Apr 03, 2007
Congratulations. Your qestion has already elicited good responses from great guys .Follow them. Above all, remember to ask God to provide the job you need. After all, He gave you the visa in the 1st place. He does't give a task without providing for its accomplishment. Before you step out of the shores, see your success, for He says as far as you can see he will give it to you to possess. When you get there and you finds a job, give Him thanks and help others in need. God bless you.

James

1 Like

Re: I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job by Olusleeky(m): 8:21am On Apr 18, 2007
Wwwwale 1. i think u av gotten more than u need frm this good ppl on nairaland. also note that, notin comes down that this earth does note contain. thereby fear not, i think u are a leap ahead.

1 LOVE

Odebode Olumide K.
Re: I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 14, 2007
Send an email to travellingjobs@yahoo.com and I will show you how to earn $6,000 every other month from the world's fastest growing industry - Travel and Tourism. You can work from anywhere in the world and still make great incomes.

The best of all is that you also get to enjoy free international travels, full hotel reservations paid by this company in some of the world's most breath-taking resorts!

I have been helping other nairalanders to set up their membership easily and I am also offering free online training too! You have nothing to lose!!!!!

Send an email now to:    travellingjobs@yahoo.com
Re: I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job by lovelynk(f): 6:49pm On May 14, 2007
Fellow nairalanders,i really appreciate all ur good advice.I also won the lottery and a relation in the united kingdom has offered to sponsor me. However, i must confess am not quite sure abt the whole thing.This is because i know from reliable sources that it is not all going to be a bed of roses out there and i wouldnt want to find myself washing plates or doing some odd jobs for a white man.As it is,have a B.sc in biochemistry with a very good grade and the prospects of a good job here in this country irrespective of the high rate of unemployment in this country.Besides ,It is going to be prety difficult to be out there all alone,in a land where everybody seems to be too busy.Everybody is encouraging me to look beyond my fears and go,but i reall have my doubts.Pls i need ur advice
Re: I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job by wales1: 11:12am On Jul 04, 2007
Hi I'm now in San Bernardino, California. I've been here for almost 3 months. It is tough as I have expected and I have difficulty in finding a job. I really don't know how much longer I can survive here with not much money left. I came here all alone and do not have any friends or relatives here. Did I make a mistake coming here? Any advise from anyone will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job by sirpee50(m): 9:20am On Jul 05, 2007
HI GUYS IN NAIRALAND, THERE ARE MANY 419 ADVICERS HERE MOSTLY IN THIS PARTICULAR TOPIC WE ARE RESPONDING TO. BE VERY CAREFUL BECAUSE I HAVE TRIED THEM AND THEY ARE HELPING NO BODY, I REPEAT, THEY ARE HELPING NO BODY TO SECURE ANY JOB OR ANY GOOD THING, RATHER, THEY WILL END UP ASKING YOU TO PAY MONEY OR SCRATCH CARD FOR THEM. BE BE BE VERY VERY CAREFUL.

AS FOR YOU IN USA, IF THAT PLACE IS NOT CONDUSIVE OR COMFORTABLE FOR YOU, YOU BETTER COME BACK HOME BECAUSE, THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOM AND YOU WERE NOT FORCED TO BE THERE AT THE FIRST PLACE.
BRAVOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job by sirpee50(m): 9:28am On Jul 05, 2007
HELLO FOLKS, BE VERY CAREFUL THEY WAY YOU REPLY OR WRITE TO FELLOW NAIRALAND MEMBERS HERE AS SO MANY OF THEM ARE 419NERS. DONT MIND THEM WHEN THEY SAY YOU SHOULD WRITE TO ONE EMAIL OR THE OTHER CLAIMING THEY WILL SEND YOU SOME MONEY OR U WILL EARN SOME MONEY IN DOLLARS, IT IS A NAKED LIE AND THEY WILL INSTEAD IN RETURN ASK YOU TO REGISTER BY PAYING IN SOME MONEY AND OR SCRATCH CARD FOR THEM TO HELP YOU EARN MONEY. BE WARE.

AS FOR MY YOUNG MAN IN USA, LOOK, THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME. AND NOBODY ASKED OR FORCED YOU TO BE THERE, IF IT IS NOT ROSSY, YOU BETTER COME HOME AND CONTINUE FROM WHERE YOU STOPPED.
BRAVVOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job by ebos(m): 2:48pm On Jul 05, 2007
@Wales
Nothing valuable comes so easy. Do not be discouraged in anyway, just bear in mind that those Nigerians who have made it there did not find it easy when they came. I can understand how you feel right now, eat today and think of what to eat tomorrow, especially now you have run out of money. Don't give up or regret why you came to US. I assure you God will see you through. Please, let all our Nairaland users who are in US render this guy every assistance he needs, as he has no person to sponsor him there. Remember, you encouraged him to come down, and I believe the encouragement was in order and I love it. The Living God who brought you to US safely will still lead you. I remember the biblical Abraham heading to a place he never knew, but God was there for him. So, my brother, those who made it US are human beings like you and they are not better than you are, you will make it like them, though, tough it may be. Just handover everything to God. I'm not a US residence.

2 Likes

Re: I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job by Dios(f): 5:22pm On Jul 05, 2007
:oSan Bernadino? That's for eses. You should have gone to a city with a high nigerian population, wait till sunday and hit one them countless churches.
That's one thing you can count on,Nigerians and their churches. Best bet TX.
Re: I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job by omoge(f): 5:46pm On Jul 05, 2007
wale, yes you will find it difficult. there is hardly anyone who didn't. Well, i did not because i was here on a full scholarship all year round. i was all alone too. my books were my friends. i found a church and it was nice. i wasn't looking for nigerians, no need for that. i went to a church filled with americans and foreign students (mostly indian and asian) i made them my friends and learnt from them and them from me. we share apt in school when we left the dorms. then a while later i met other Nigeria students. so be open mind okay  wink

for you with green card, don't worry about landing the best job right away. you have to start from somewhere with humbling and patient mind. don't be too chosy with jobs. start lowly and honestly. you will find your ways around. you will then be able to look around for something better. don't say you don't want to wash dish, you never know and it's not a bad thing afterall ''you work for your money''. in my first year in school, i work the salad bar in my college serving dessert and replenishing the huge bars,  just start somewhere even with litttle money that you will earn, your heart will be filled with joy and thanks because it's your hard/handwork.
Re: I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job by Iskwew(f): 4:40pm On Jul 12, 2007
AMEN Dios! One cannot underestimate the church family. There are other pockets of Nigerian communities besides Texas also,
Wales1, just keep on keepin on,
Re: I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job by ade4real(f): 6:24am On Oct 24, 2011
@Ndipe,cna for $20 per hour,that's impossible.
Re: I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job by concernedspeak: 12:38am On Apr 07, 2013
gmcln: Wales1

I have been granted a US visa recently through the DV lottery

Who sponsor you?  I have sponsor a number of relatives to US over the years. They stay with me and
look for job, then move on . Even if win a DV visa you will still need a sponsor.
why are nigerians so jealous n wicked,they are in usa enjoying goodlife and yet they keep lying and discouraging others to come to usa.is it better in this shithole called naija.this hopeless dity country.pple are bad o just be careful on d useless n bleeped up. Advice they tell u,that there's nothing abroad.its a big fucking LIE
Re: I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job by Intellab(m): 9:27pm On Jun 24, 2013
So the best thing is first make it here before going there.
Re: I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job by alvin123: 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2016
please when is DV lottery
Re: I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job by worry359(m): 8:22am On Jun 12, 2016
alvin123:
please when is DV lottery

There is no visa lottery for Nigeria, it is closed.
Too many Nigerians travel to USA so no need for lottery.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Fuel Tanker Goes In Flames In Anambra, 3rd In A Week / Can An Auxiliary Nurse Be Employed Abroad? / Living In Germany/life As A GERMAN Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.