Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Shameless Extortion (maritime Academy Of Nigeria,oron) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shameless Extortion (maritime Academy Of Nigeria,oron) (953 Views)

Gbemi Saraki To Oversee Maritime Sector, Amaechi To Oversee Railway Sector / Rotimi Amaechi Threatens Abuja Train Station Manager For Extortion (Photo) / Lai Mohammed Is A Gangster Minister And A Shameless Old Fool - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shameless Extortion (maritime Academy Of Nigeria,oron) by Fongido(m): 1:58am On Nov 09, 2017
SHAMELESS EXTORTION
*(MARITIME ACADEMY OF NIGERIA,ORON)*
*SHAMBOLIC ADMISSION PROCESS*
In the recently suspended post utme exercise.
After stumbling upon the school on the internet, I did some internet search on this institution and discovered they prided themselves on being the
first and only federal MARITIME ACADEMY IN NIGERIA , and 3rd in the. Africa,I then concluded
they were indeed prestigious, especially after my sister
recommended them for my confused mind (I was
ponderous at this moment on which university to fill on that JAMB form). Indeed I had
University of Kaduna foremost on my mind, before I had to rule it out, due to the unpredictable
security issues in the north.
After writing JAMB, and getting through it well enough, the Post UTME exam form.
Fast-forward to September , few days to the exam.
I arrived at the venue of the exam, not seeing any reason for failure or any meltdown of any
sorts.
After TRAVELLING all the way down to Akwa Ibom state, (even under the rain) we finally got the most shocking news of our lives
"""" *PRESS RELEASE*
The Maritime Academy of Nigeria, Oron hereby inform all applicants and intending Cadets who registered for admission into the Academy for the 2017/2018 Academic Session that the admission exercise for this particular session has been
suspended. This is due to the on-going Restructuring and Repositioning exercise being
carried on in the Institution by the Federal Government. However, this does not affect Short Courses and Mandatory Programmes which will
continue to run as at when due.
Consequently, applicants to all regular programmes of the National Diploma, Higher
National Diploma and Post Graduate Diploma are
by this notice advised to apply to the Office of The Rector, Maritime Academy of Nigeria, Oron, Akwa Ibom State for the refund of Aptitude Test Fee
earlier paid.
Accordingly, the affected candidates are expected
to attach the following to their refund application:
i. Photocopy of their Remita Payment Evidence
showing RRR (Remita Retrieval Reference).
ii. Original Copy of their Bank Teller.
iii. Bank and Account Number for refund of the said sum.
iv. Phone Number.
The affected Candidates as well as members of the public should please note.
We regret any inconvenience, which the latest change may have caused.
*SIGNED*
*Siddi E. Mkpandiok,Anipr,MNIM*
*Director, Corporate Affairs*
*(For: Chairman, Interim Management Committee)*
*Info from ManOron PRelations* """""
Sincerely, when I got the News, my many months of ferocious reading seemed an overkill, as the It dawned on me that my year has turned a waste of time and money as MARITIME ACADEMY WAS MY ONLY CHOICE ACCORD TO JAMB SYSTEM.
Two days later, we were notified on the school's portal, that a refund of over 20,000 would
be made to each applicant.
I paid the required amount ( This money was paid from my months of savings and working
and till now, those of us who paid already are yet
to be refunded) , but had to wait a week and was told the admission process has been cancelled for two years along side our money gone.
Some few day later,Still dazed, I headed online to see what others are saying, only to see several complaints of similar lamentations.
More depressing were the accompanying comments; "I am lifeless", "I feel like dying",
"I am dead", "I am done with school" I still don't get how I could get 20,000 out of
Hard earned money for an exam that was cancelled and my money was never refunded to
me.
I sent mails to the school, seeking an inquest
into the unhealthy situation or even to have my money back only to get NO reply.
Before filling out MARITIME ACADEMY OF NIGERIA,ORON as my choice of institution, I had to bring myself out of severe
depression to undertake JAMB ( I lost my schooling in Ghana previously, due to some
unfortunate financial circumstances). I toiled to read
while motivating myself not to give up. I had no doubt in my mind I was going go excel.
It's NOVEMBER already, and the school is already at an advanced stage in the SECTION
processes, with many already been attending lectures
There has not been a single statement from the VC or the Management, addressing the Enforced failure to refund our MONEY.
I feel, we were taken for a ride and only monetarily exploited, since they have refused to
address troops of disgruntled candidates who have
so far stormed the school.
If the school is sure it's in the clear on this saga, why has it refused to yield to demands of refund to the candidates, as any
credible institution would?
It's a shame JAMB has to leave its students at the mercy of exploitative organizations like
MARITIME ACADEMY OF NIGERIA,ORON, posing as
credible tertiary institutions of learning.
Any school would even be curious, to know why
students who comfortably passed JAMB, scoring at least 50% will then proceed to their choice institution only to be exploited, EVEN UNDER THE
WATCHFUL EYES OF THE MINISTER OF TRANSPORT, HON ROTIMI AMEACHI.
anyways.
I am slumping into depression again, as I can't bear being at home another One YEAR due to
MARITIME ACADEMY OF NIGERIA,ORONs gross injustice.
I don't speak for myself alone, but for the multitude of candidates who have been
robbed of hope, and who may never summon up the energy to stay afloat to fight another day.
From an aggrieved MAN,ORON aspirant seeking justice.
Re: Shameless Extortion (maritime Academy Of Nigeria,oron) by Fongido(m): 2:01am On Nov 09, 2017
Please come to our aid. This act is very wicked
whosoever that can make this to get to the front page to receive deserved recognition should please help me. God bless.
Re: Shameless Extortion (maritime Academy Of Nigeria,oron) by Fongido(m): 10:25am On Nov 09, 2017
So nobody can help push this to front page? Innocent people are crying bcoz of their hard earned money extorted from them by the so called federal government school.
Irrelevant posts are making front page. Nairaland I'm kinda disappointed. I hope you prove me wrong
Re: Shameless Extortion (maritime Academy Of Nigeria,oron) by jmoes(m): 3:35pm On Nov 29, 2017
Fongido:
Please come to our aid. This act is very wicked
whosoever that can make this to get to the front page to receive deserved recognition should please help me. God bless.
bro am also an aspirant of MAN lemme drop my contact les tak beta (09093580014 whatsapp only) pls msg me
Re: Shameless Extortion (maritime Academy Of Nigeria,oron) by Fongido(m): 11:05am On Dec 15, 2017
jmoes:
bro am also an aspirant of MAN lemme drop my contact les tak beta (09093580014 whatsapp only) pls msg me
Nothing to talk about man. admission has been suspended for 2 years according to the committee set up by Ameachi but I learnt that next year they may conduct admission. I wanted going back for my HND programme but I'm stuck. if there's any new development I'll communicate to you

(1) (Reply)

How Osita Chidoka’s ​online Social Media Team Destroyed Him On Social Media / Buhari Has Cured Nigeria, No Vacancy In Aso Rock - Gov Yahaya Bello / True Confessions: I Was A Smoker And A Womanizer – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.