Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,655 members, 7,865,637 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:17 PM

Iwobi: I Almost Cried Scoring Against Zambia. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Iwobi: I Almost Cried Scoring Against Zambia. (13068 Views)

Osimhen Paid ₦186 Million For Scoring Against Maduka Okoye / Osimhen Refuses To Celebrate After Scoring Against Maduka Okoye / Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iwobi: I Almost Cried Scoring Against Zambia. by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 09, 2017
Realsman405:
‘I almost cried’ – Alex Iwobi on scoring Nigeria’s winner against Zambia

The 21-year-old relives the goal against the Chipolopolo that sent the Super Eagles to Russia 2018 and says he was close to tears after scoring

Alex Iwobi has revealed that he ‘almost cried’ after scoring Nigeria’s winner against Zambia in a Russia 2018 World Cup qualifying game on October 7.

The Super Eagles needed a victory against Wedson Nyirenda’s side to book their place in the Mundial and the Arsenal winger’s goal in the 73rd minute ensured the West Africans giants booked their passage with a game to spare.
And ahead of Gernot Rohr’s charges dead rubber clash against Algeria on Friday, the 21-year-old relived the feeling after the ball went in and says he was ‘proud’ to have brought so much joy to millions of Nigerians.

“When I actually scored the moment was crazy, I remember running off celebrating,” Iwobi told Arsenal website.

"I almost cried, I actually almost cried to see how the fans were reacting, to see my mum and dad in the stands; it was just an amazing feeling.

"To go to the World Cup you can see it’s not just the players’ dream, it’s the fans’ dream as well and for me to get the goal for us to go through I’m just proud to do that.

Iwobi also spoke on what it means for him to play for Nigeria after being in the England youth setup for most of his life.

“Yeah it’s basically my family, where they’re from, where I’m from it’s my homeland, so it’s always an honor to wear the green, white and green,” he added.

“I mean I’ve seen so many kids on the street when we’re like in the bus, they’re screaming “go Nigeria, go Nigeria”, so to represent them I’m just proud."

m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4110/african-all-stars/2017/11/08/40096482/i-almost-cried-alex-iwobi-on-scoring-nigerias-winner-against

lalasticlala mynd44
Why would u cry, that is your progression' that is what u are paid to do' that is your business' unless if u don't believe u can score goals

1 Like

Re: Iwobi: I Almost Cried Scoring Against Zambia. by aydi(m): 9:14am On Nov 09, 2017
I almost cried thinking of when Nigeria is going to win the world cup.I almost cried
Re: Iwobi: I Almost Cried Scoring Against Zambia. by SirGoldEjike(m): 9:24am On Nov 09, 2017
YoungRichRuler:
I almost cried when ayegbeni missed that goal in the world cup.

I almost did.
LOL,, Pls Forgive and Forget nah
Re: Iwobi: I Almost Cried Scoring Against Zambia. by SirGoldEjike(m): 9:25am On Nov 09, 2017
sunshineV:
And against man city nko?
LOl, he almost cried when Gabriel jesus scored the third goal,, this ur meme ehhhh
Re: Iwobi: I Almost Cried Scoring Against Zambia. by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 09, 2017
Good thing you didn't. You made them cry with that goal. That was enough. #Champ #RUS18
Re: Iwobi: I Almost Cried Scoring Against Zambia. by sniperr007(m): 10:04am On Nov 09, 2017
sunshineV:

U sef!!
Re: Iwobi: I Almost Cried Scoring Against Zambia. by Celegbengz(m): 10:17am On Nov 09, 2017
sunshineV:
u de craze u no see say he nearly score
Re: Iwobi: I Almost Cried Scoring Against Zambia. by sunshineV(f): 2:17pm On Nov 09, 2017
Celegbengz:
u de craze u no see say he nearly score

My blooda, Dem never tell u say "nearly can't kill a bird"?

Re: Iwobi: I Almost Cried Scoring Against Zambia. by mechanics(m): 3:00pm On Nov 09, 2017
YoungRichRuler:
I almost cried when ayegbeni missed that goal in the world cup.

I almost did.
hahahah, your man dey do gym with Anthony Joshua, can't forget that his miss o.

1 Like

Re: Iwobi: I Almost Cried Scoring Against Zambia. by Timmy301(m): 10:01pm On Nov 09, 2017
cardinalstar091:
I almonst cried anytime I listen to PATIENCE JONATHAN grammar
I almost cried cos u spelt ALMOST as ALMONST

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ex-Enyimba Goalkeeper, Chinedu Agwu Dies / Nigeria U15 Beat Morocco U15 3-2 @ African Youth Games. / Bet9ja One Million Naira Weekend Longshot Plus Booking Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.