Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" (38463 Views)

Iwobi: I Can 'no Longer Make Excuses' - Nigeria Star On His Peak Period At Evert / MPNAIJA GIST: "Iwobi" I Almost Cried Scoring Against Zambia / Iwobi: I Almost Cried Scoring Against Zambia. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by fredd2: 6:56am On Apr 14, 2018
Arsenal star and Nigerian international, Alex Iwobi has admitted he can’t stringe the lines of the Nigeria national anthem correctly.

Iwobi, who scored the goal that saw the Super Eagles to the Russia World Cup against Zambia made the revelation while being quizzed by Arsenal legend, Thierry Henry and Philadelphia Eagles star, Jay Ajayi.

Iwobi stated he did not know the words to the Nigerian national anthem too well, suggesting that he mouths along to the anthem when the camera was focused on him before the start of international matches.

He said: “I know it but I don’t know it well. When they are recording, the camera comes on you I know what to say. For the Nigerian viewers I do know it.”

The Hale End Academy product was also quizzed about scoring the goal that qualified the Super Eagles for the 2018 World Cup and he said: “When I scored I saw my parents in the crowd, I was almost crying. It was a nice feeling.”

On how nervous he was when he met Thierry Henry for the first time, Iwobi answered: “I met him when I was a kid for the first time, so was young, I was excited. I was in Arsenal academy. I was very young.’’

Asked if he watched the Super Bowl, Iwobi said: “Honestly no, honestly no. Sleep went to me.”

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/sunnewsonline.com/iwobi-i-cant-sing-nigerian-national-anthem/amp/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by fredd2: 6:57am On Apr 14, 2018
click here to view the full read hence they have removed my Link https://grandmarketsquare.com/i-cant-sing-nigerian-national-anthem-iwobi/

2 Likes

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by innobets(m): 7:01am On Apr 14, 2018
Just play well boy..

Even buhari can't sing it too

382 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by godwinb23: 7:05am On Apr 14, 2018
If u cant sing your national Antherm, how did you pass national screening before joining our national team?
pls go back to school and learn it!

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by anaton(m): 7:06am On Apr 14, 2018
Not important or necessary my boy,you are a Biafran.

168 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by midolian(m): 7:11am On Apr 14, 2018
Okocha, the most patriotic Nigerian footballer ever!

Decades of intercontinental football didnt change his accent.

Here is one small boy who has not spent up to a decade playing real football outside Nigeria claiming he doesnt know the Nigerian anthem well.

Errn..even if you cant recite it well, must you say it?

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by Robisky001(m): 7:14am On Apr 14, 2018
innobets:
Just play well boy..

Even buhari can't sing it too
Sense will not kill. Even Buhari can't sing it despite being the President of over 180m Nigeria's.

130 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by innobets(m): 7:16am On Apr 14, 2018
Robisky001:
Sense will not kill. Even Buhari can't sing it despite being the President of over 180m Nigeria's.

Buhari's head can not contain the lines of national anthem. grin

Person wey no go school.. make he learn the meaning of APC first before learning to recite the national anthem

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by femi20166: 7:19am On Apr 14, 2018
anaton:
Not important or necessary my boy,you are a Biafran.

Which one be Biafra

Oga go and learn our song oooo

https://grandmarketsquare.com/i-cant-sing-nigerian-national-anthem-iwobi/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by lilian789: 7:38am On Apr 14, 2018
You be celeb bro, what can the song Offer?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by Biafrannuke: 7:45am On Apr 14, 2018
bro you are a Biafran. Don't learn that crappy song

82 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by Ikeseo: 7:50am On Apr 14, 2018
Don't mind them Bro, I will be singing it for you, while you Sing football for me.

who national song help?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by phemmyfour: 7:54am On Apr 14, 2018
Don't mind them, our senators ain't different

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by joy17: 8:23am On Apr 14, 2018
Very Funny, So what will u do if buhari says sing it for me!

https://grandmarketsquare.com/i-cant-sing-nigerian-national-anthem-iwobi/

2 Likes

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by lilian789: 8:56am On Apr 14, 2018
joy17 post=66696 embarassed485:
Very Funny, So what will u do if buhari says sing it for me!

Who be d man? He go tell am say make he sing am first, that's how I do my teachers who don't know it but wanna ask me.

4 Likes

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by medolab90(m): 9:25am On Apr 14, 2018
Who national anthem epp even our top citizens no sabi am .

5 Likes

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:26am On Apr 14, 2018
You should have learn te anthem by now kid bro.... You still have the time to anyways.....
Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by Baddiezz(f): 9:26am On Apr 14, 2018
It's my birthday today!
Una wey like free airtime. Check the link in my profile. no use big boy miss this offer. It came out yesterday or so

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by zombieTRACKER: 9:28am On Apr 14, 2018
Please don't even learn it

Its a zoo language common among animals

It doubles as a hell fire anthem
Anyone who sings such is a hell fire candidate

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by Innov8ve1: 9:28am On Apr 14, 2018
That national anthem is all lies to deceive young people into thinking they will one day have a place in power. It BS

6 Likes

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by oluwasegun007(m): 9:28am On Apr 14, 2018
God bless you for convezing. Oya visit one of our senators to teach u.
Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by kstyle2(m): 9:28am On Apr 14, 2018
Many politicians dont know our anthem. Really bad. For people like iwobi, bryan idowu who were probably born and raised outside the country, they may be excused

3 Likes

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by 1shortblackboy: 9:28am On Apr 14, 2018
e no concern us just play the ball well make we do well for world cup after u fiit go try learn am
Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by Ellabae(f): 9:28am On Apr 14, 2018
As a citizen, it would be right if u could sing ur national anthem.

3 Likes

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by King4Roller: 9:29am On Apr 14, 2018
Bastard

2 Likes

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by Beno3: 9:30am On Apr 14, 2018
Bros, make we tell ourself the truth. This National anthem of a thing, '' who im help ?'' People wey no fit sing am, for ministrial screening, dem no still be minister? I no blame the guy because if the president himself does'nt know what happens in Nigeria, don't you think Nigeria itself does'nt know it's National Anthem? sad angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by Gossiplover: 9:30am On Apr 14, 2018
clap for yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AFCON: Villarreal FC Congratulates Chukwueze And Super Eagles On Twitter / Piers Morgan: Ronaldo Is Better Until Messi Wins Something Outside Barcelona / Pictures From Nigeria's First Ever Motor Racing Championship Sponsored By Tecno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.