Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,294 members, 7,811,882 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) (18886 Views)

Okada Riders Protest In Benue As Ortom Hits Them With N5,500 Levy (Photos) / Protest Rocks Lagos Over Obasanjo's Alleged Plan To Install Interim Govt / Fayose Was Spotted With Okada Riders While Ekiti State Boils(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by aminulive: 10:48am On Nov 09, 2017
Information reaching the PoliticsNGR newsdesk this morning indicates that there is a serious breakdown of order at Iyana Iba, Lagos after commercial motorcycle riders organized a protest against the Lagos state taskforce over the continued seizure of motorcycles.

Scores of Okada men have blocked the Iyana-Iba road leading to the Lagos state university main-gate chanting protest songs at the top of their voices. the riders also made several bonfires on the road.

They complained bitterly about the daily harassment they suffer at the hands of taskforce operatives.

Photos from the scene below;

https://politicsngr.com/2017/11/09/breaking-okada-riders-protest-seizure-motrocycles-iyana-ibaphotos/

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by walearoy(m): 11:26am On Nov 09, 2017
its wicked

i got late to work cos of this siezure

5 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by Sirheny007(m): 11:26am On Nov 09, 2017
Yesterday I nearly trekked from mile 2 to Under bridge.
It is a very good move to stop the Okada riders.
but if avenues for new jobs are not opened, then it is a very bad move.

31 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by jamexborn(m): 11:26am On Nov 09, 2017
God don catch Olu Osinowo....na to waka now
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by admax(m): 11:26am On Nov 09, 2017
ok
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by falcon01: 11:27am On Nov 09, 2017
i no see any comment oo but before i comment 4 people dont put coma, fullstop e.t.c

10 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by Osasnidas(m): 11:27am On Nov 09, 2017
shocked wow

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by mrlaw93(m): 11:27am On Nov 09, 2017
And that's why they're burning tires abi.. The popo should go tear gas their brain jor.
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by purem(m): 11:28am On Nov 09, 2017
OUR SO-CALLED LEADERS HAS NO PROVISIONS FOR THE POORS AND THE NARROW WAY THEY'RE USING TO CARTER FOR THEMSELVES IS STILL AN OFFENSE TO THEM.... EVERYTHING IN NIGERIA IS FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE RICH.... THEY FORGET THAT ALL FINGERS ARE NOT EQUAL.... WHAT A DERANGED COUNTRY

12 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by SNIPER123: 11:28am On Nov 09, 2017
grin
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by Ajibel(m): 11:28am On Nov 09, 2017
Is that why there was scarcity of okadas yesterday? Omo, I trek tire.

3 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by muri4mig(m): 11:30am On Nov 09, 2017
the level of extortion by the joint task force across the major cities in nigeria is disheartening. They collect as much as N30,000 for every bike they seized in Abuja satellite villages.

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by sojayy(m): 11:30am On Nov 09, 2017
No b small thing o

2 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 11:30am On Nov 09, 2017
yellowbar demons and their Fulani masters on rampage... why seizing their means of surviving...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by kullozone(m): 11:30am On Nov 09, 2017
No wonder! I was around that area last night... mehn the way okada riders were running around with their bikes, you'd think they're all James Bond. It was even the mistakes we call police that were seizing okadas... You'd think they were fighting boko haram with the confusion they caused.

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by free2ryhme: 11:30am On Nov 09, 2017
THIS ONE NA GOBE OOO

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by Sijo01(f): 11:31am On Nov 09, 2017
Nigeria jagajaga cry

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by free2ryhme: 11:31am On Nov 09, 2017
Bullhari007:
yellowbar demons and their Fulani masters on rampage... why seizing their means of surviving...
the mayhem they cause on the highway is unbearable
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by BecomeALandLord(m): 11:33am On Nov 09, 2017
It's really pathetic

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by Afam4eva(m): 11:33am On Nov 09, 2017
That's how went out to buy mama put at a place a bit far from my house but on the same long street. I didn't go with my car, so i walked while i waited for an okada to pass but didn't see any. So, i walked half the journey when i just decided to walk the remaining half, then when i'm done buying the food, i'll take a bike straight to my house. It was only after buying the food that i realized that i hadn't seen any okada man. I walked 1/4 of the journey when i was told that okadas were banned. By who? When? How? O boy, the trek no be here.

God bless you all.

4 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by Caspian22(m): 11:34am On Nov 09, 2017
e dinnor consign me

7 Shocking Health Facts About Instant Noodles===>
http://www.youmustgethealthy.com/2017/11/health-facts-about-instant-noodles.html?m=0
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by midehi2(f): 11:38am On Nov 09, 2017
shocked chai! I like taking okada on that road cos of terrible traffic shocked
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by eluquenson(m): 11:39am On Nov 09, 2017
They were caught unaware yesterday as the operation was done all over Lagos state.

LASG should look for a way forward, they cannot just push them off the road due to various issues arising from the Okada riders which is not limited to robbery and accident.
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 11:40am On Nov 09, 2017
free2ryhme:

the mayhem they cause on the highway is unbearable
the crocodile dancers should use them do shooting practice... this guys are equal to boko haram
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by obonujoker(m): 11:41am On Nov 09, 2017
When Election draws nigh now, they will release Okada again, and then the same people will vote them in again..... Nigeriyaaa... ojojumo ni anjiriyaa.....
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by sunnyside16(m): 11:41am On Nov 09, 2017
Sirheny007:
Yesterday I nearly trekked from mile 2 to Under bridge.
It is a very good move to stop the Okada riders.
but if avenues for new jobs are not opened, then it is a very bad move.

It is a good move and also a bad move.....listen to yourself
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by free2ryhme: 11:41am On Nov 09, 2017
Bullhari007:
the crocodile dancers should use them do shooting practice... this guys are equal to boko haram

you think say lagos dey for east
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 09, 2017
shey nodody died or wounjure?

2 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos) by kizyalex10(m): 11:42am On Nov 09, 2017
aminulive:
Information reaching the PoliticsNGR newsdesk this morning indicates that there is a serious breakdown of order at Iyana Iba, Lagos after commercial motorcycle riders organized a protest against the Lagos state taskforce over the continued seizure of motorcycles.

Scores of Okada men have blocked the Iyana-Iba road leading to the Lagos state university main-gate chanting protest songs at the top of their voices. the riders also made several bonfires on the road.

They complained bitterly about the daily harassment they suffer at the hands of taskforce operatives.

Photos from the scene below;

https://politicsngr.com/2017/11/09/breaking-okada-riders-protest-seizure-motrocycles-iyana-ibaphotos/

if they resort to armed robbery nd kidnappers,u catch them nd call them hoodlums nd throw dem into prison.some judges go as far as sentencing them to death.no job alternative provided for them,yet d little thing they do justly to provide for their family,u collect it from them.most of them riding okada re nt happy with what they re doing but jst for them nt to be outlaws,they continue doing it. I tire for government oooo

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abacha Loot: Buhari Thanks Swiss Govt For Returning $322.5m / Biafra National Guard Claims Responsibility For Attack On Abia Police Hqs / [Photo]#OgunStateAt40; The Party Has Started.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.