Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,470 members, 7,812,440 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Account officer Needed - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Account officer Needed (1684 Views)

Account Officer In A Microfinance Bank / Account Officer, Sales Boy/girl,customer Service Assistant For Employment / Ipi Powertech Account Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Account officer Needed by MariasHouse: 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2017
Our client is urgently in need of a Account Officer

Job Responsibiities:

- Manage Accounts Payable and Receivables; prepare invoices
- Manage the office Petty Cash and other accounting records
- Maintain records of financial transactions by establishing accounts and the posting transactions
- Maintain the general ledger by transferring account summaries
- Balance the general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries
- Work with external accountant and auditors
- Process payroll, pension and taxes
- process dues, fees, payments, bank statement and ledgers

Desired Qualification and Skills:
- OND/HND degree in Accounting.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Proven bookkeeping experience

Salary: N40,000

Interested Candidates should forward their CV to cvs.mariashouse@gmail.com

The subject of the mail must be Account officer
Re: Account officer Needed by IHATEPUZZY(m): 2:34pm On Nov 09, 2017
I studied pure and applied chemistry and just finished my nysc this month, am I eligible because I just sent my CV too
Re: Account officer Needed by yomi007k(m): 2:57pm On Nov 09, 2017
IHATEPUZZY:
I studied pure and applied chemistry and just finished my nysc this month, am I eligible because I just sent my CV too

Na wa oo...

Did u read d requirements and responsibilities at all?

4 Likes

Re: Account officer Needed by IHATEPUZZY(m): 8:07pm On Nov 09, 2017
yomi007k:

Na wa oo...

Did u read d requirements and responsibilities at all?

Mtchew tell me wat z difficult for me to do there, as if we re not in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Account officer Needed by MariasHouse: 9:36am On Nov 15, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Account officer Needed by MUMMY18100: 11:33am On Nov 15, 2017
ok, can u discuss the term 'Accounting concept'

We re waiting

IHATEPUZZY:

Mtchew tell me wat z difficult for me to do there, as if we re not in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Account officer Needed by dentrice: 4:27pm On Nov 15, 2017
The salary was not included on the advert initially. I believe the salary range candidates gave to them is far far above this peanut for account officer with these responsiblities when they were calling for interviews. Mariashouse please grow up in your negotiations skills
Re: Account officer Needed by MariasHouse: 1:53pm On Nov 16, 2017
dentrice:
The salary was not included on the advert initially. I believe the salary range candidates gave to them is far far above this peanut for account officer with these responsiblities when they were calling for interviews. Mariashouse please grow up in your negotiations skills

Hello Beatrice,

We are quite surprised you came on a public forum to vent about the interview you attended (despite according you so much cordiality). In as much as the salary was not initially included in the ad, it's still no excuse for the 'grow up' nuance you brought up. Most job applications will hardly indicate your pay (except of course, its stated that its industry standard).

When we have over qualified candidates (who excelled both in character and skill set), we make it a point of duty as a recruitment firm to pass these same candidates on to prospective employers who need their services. We sincerely hope you get this drift, especially with your own particular application and skill set.

Good luck in your search!

MH

2 Likes

Re: Account officer Needed by dentrice: 7:19pm On Nov 16, 2017
Hello Maria's house, or whatsoever name you call yourself, this is Dennison. So be very careful how you address somebody personally on social media like this. I did not attend your interview but my cousin did. I related this vacancy to my cousin and even applied on my cousine behalf. When I applied this poor salary was not included, if it was I wouldn't have and let my cousins waste precious time, money and energy. So be very careful!!!!! And grow up as I said earlier!

1 Like

Re: Account officer Needed by dentrice: 8:33pm On Nov 16, 2017
Can't you negotiate with your client based on the responsibilities of the position. How can someone carryout those responsibilities and at the end of the month earn 40000 naira when everything is on the increase!!!!. You people are just taking advantage of the unemployment situation in Nigeria. Please Mariashouse and their client FEAR GOD OH!!!!!
Re: Account officer Needed by Millcollins: 9:12pm On Nov 16, 2017
Come to think of it. Their job adverts are always 40k. It has never exceeded that. Beats my imagination
Re: Account officer Needed by tosbobby(m): 9:50pm On Nov 16, 2017
Guys,
Apology for all inconveniences.
I quite understand your worries but as mature people, I think it would have been more better if you send them a direct mail and state all your observations rather than littering the image of the company on a social media.
Please note that am not soliciting for Maria House but I think we need to learn to respect because internet has a photographic memory.
You may not need to really blame MH because they simply came to market the deal they got but I just believe adjustment would be made.
Apologies everybody.
Re: Account officer Needed by MariasHouse: 9:25am On Nov 17, 2017
dentrice:
Hello Maria's house, or whatsoever name you call yourself, this is Dennison. So be very careful how you address somebody personally on social media like this. I did not attend your interview but my cousin did. I related this vacancy to my cousin and even applied on my cousine behalf. When I applied this poor salary was not included, if it was I wouldn't have and let my cousins waste precious time, money and energy. So be very careful!!!!! And grow up as I said earlier!

Hello Dennison,

Whatever the case is as regards who applied and who did not, it still begs deference to the 'grow up' nuance on your part. All the very best to your cousin in her job pursuit.

MH
Re: Account officer Needed by MariasHouse: 9:29am On Nov 17, 2017
dentrice:
Can't you negotiate with your client based on the responsibilities of the position. How can someone carryout those responsibilities and at the end of the month earn 40000 naira when everything is on the increase!!!!. You people are just taking advantage of the unemployment situation in Nigeria. Please Mariashouse and their client FEAR GOD OH!!!!!

We can only offer what the client is willing to offer the successful candidate.. However, in some cases where the candidate wants more, such candidate is profiled for another vacancy that suits their preference. I hope that clarifies things for you on how this works.

Cheers.
Re: Account officer Needed by MariasHouse: 9:30am On Nov 17, 2017
Millcollins:
Come to think of it. Their job adverts are always 40k. It has never exceeded that. Beats my imagination

No need for that to beat your imagination. We've had vacancies with offers higher than that. It all depends on what is obtainable at the said time...

MH
Re: Account officer Needed by MariasHouse: 9:30am On Nov 17, 2017
Applications are still welcomed..
Re: Account officer Needed by dentrice: 9:03am On Nov 18, 2017
You are very wise!. Maria house is looking for whom will tarnish their small image and am ready

te author=tosbobby post=62445791]Guys,
Apology for all inconveniences.
I quite understand your worries but as mature people, I think it would have been more better if you send them a direct mail and state all your observations rather than littering the image of the company on a social media.
Please note that am not soliciting for Maria House but I think we need to learn to respect because internet has a photographic memory.
You may not need to really blame MH because they simply came to market the deal they got but I just believe adjustment would be made.
Apologies everybody.[/quote]
Re: Account officer Needed by dentrice: 9:13am On Nov 18, 2017
Instead of you to come speak well here you came calling names. Pls mariahouse am still saying it 'GROW UP'. Nobody will viable responsibilities will accept that your peanut. I know the client offered more than that you are just trying to get your own fraction from it hoping people will agree to take up the peanut. See there is time for everything mariahouse. You are just 3 emloyees working in mariahouse as I was informed so calm down and live the make it now now syndrome. I advice you to slow down so that you don't crash. YOU LACK LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT ETHICS ' GROW UP'

Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Post Your Scores Youwin-connect Participants 2018 / Very Urgent Vacancies / Post-graduate/undergraduate Internship Program At Citibank ,17th May, 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.