Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

When The Testers Are Been Tested - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / When The Testers Are Been Tested (335 Views)

Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use / How To Score Above 300 In UTME 2019 - Tested And Trusted Strategies / Software Testers Interview Questions With Answers-part1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When The Testers Are Been Tested by Harlex(m): 4:35pm On Nov 09, 2017
Nigeria with her unique problems. The Kaduna state government recently conducted a test for primary school teachers across the state and it was not surprising what we got as the outcome of the test as over 66% of the teachers find it difficult to pass a primary four exam.

What do we expect when the testers are been tested? Whose fault is it when a teacher who is suppose to be a major role model to students and the society subject themselves to so much ridicule just because of the usual nonchalant attitude to the progress of those they are suppose to be impacting with useful academic and moral knowledge.

I kept wondering if such test are regularly conducted during my days in school. How would i fell when a teacher whom i fear so much is reported to be incompetent and is unable to pass simple exams.

This situation could make some of those pupils loose confident in education. In a state where parents are regularly encouraged to enroll their children in school and where desire for western education is not encouraging.

Though, this is not the first time such is happening in the country. Similar situation also occurred some times in Edo state where teacher could not even read a full sentence.

Who are the regulators, The Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria. What are the requirement to register teachers into the council?, or is it all about paying annual fee and dues. The teaching job is suppose to be a noble profession, but the situation in Nigeria is so bad that even the federal government considers it as the least important ministry to invest in.

Teachers raising placard with inscription such as “EXAMINATION IS NOT A TRUE TEST OF KNOWLEDGE“, this is shameful and disrespectful to those pupils who respect and fear them for being their teachers. How do you feel after an examination as a teacher, and your student walk up to you with such notion?

As much as i also believe examination is not truly a test of knowledge, but what other form of testing can we possibly give a teacher who is expected to have attended a higher institution? I don’t think a primary four examination is too much for teachers who are expected to have obtained at least a National Certificate Examination (NCE) Certificate.

It is sad that Federal Government and Sate Government in Nigeria do not see importance in investing in education just because they can afford to enroll their children with public fund into schools where they pay millions to educate a child just for a term.

Despite the fact that the Nation is facing problem from all front due to decade of neglect in the education sector, our leader continue to show little or no concern in re-positioning the Education Sector.

https://www.eduwheel.com.ng/when-the-testers-are-been-tested/

(1) (Reply)

2018 UTME: JAMB To Start Sale Of Forms November; Bans Pens, Wristwatches, Sun... / FUTO 2017/2018 Admission List Out – Check Now / Still Having Problem Accessing 'caps' Worry No More:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.