Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 (32493 Views)

John Obi Mikel Celebrates His 32nd Birthday Today / Middlesbrough Signs John Obi Mikel On A Free Transfer (Photos) / Michael Obi: Mikel’s Father Kidnapped, Rescued In Enugu Forest (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by Jlow2: 7:21am On Nov 10, 2017
faceURfront:
He didn't do badly at Chelsea, but when you remember how he played in that youth tournament, and how he played at Chelsea, you did think he would have been better suited at Manchester United.
wen man united 4got him,chelsea took care of his family in jos,and he said in return he owed dem loyalty,destiny is sacred
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by balladin: 7:21am On Nov 10, 2017
ThinkWISELY:
To those saying long story,its a quite interesting piece,nice one op.
Very interesting and revealing. Please read.
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by oweniwe(m): 7:34am On Nov 10, 2017
nzeobi:
how that Sandra okagbue of a girl will leave mikel for flavour amazes me

Never knew the two dated before.

Sandra must be biting her finger now grin
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by MRSHYCAT(m): 8:03am On Nov 10, 2017
HumbleGee:
See this goat mikel was not used to his maximum capacity thats why his like this ..at that time they were both strikers but nw he is playing midfield ewu

please stop spilling trash, Mikel was never a striker. all this olofofo wey no sabi be play ball, even watch self dem no sabi.
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by makoota: 8:05am On Nov 10, 2017
Why are you guys saying the post is long. It worth it. God can lift one anytime He wants.
However, the title of this post should not have been the title. The blogger should have given an inspiring title to the post.

1 Like

Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by MRSHYCAT(m): 8:08am On Nov 10, 2017
EkanemAkan:

Won't say much, i love mikel, buh Aguero was there bruh, how bout zabaleta

uncle, zabaleta played for man city, Mikel played for Chelsea, what's your argument exactly?? zabaleta has left, Mikel has left too, so help me understand your argument
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by MRSHYCAT(m): 8:20am On Nov 10, 2017
chiefololade:

I'm not supporting that guy but,

Felipe Luis
Zapata
Falcao
Ospina
Graziano Pelle
Zabaleta
Aguero
David Silva

dude!!! all this names you mentioned here, only few are valid Felipe Luis came to the same Chelsea and had a good time on the bench. falcao came and also had a good time on the bench... u guys should stop all this unnecessary comparisons, Mikel had a successful football career any way too wanna look at it. success is in measures. everybody can't be on messi's level.
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by seyoops4u: 8:29am On Nov 10, 2017
AntiWailer:

What is your greatest achievement in life ?

Can you type it here ?

When you feel good and great when talking down successful people. Watch it...

Yeeee!! O ja mi lara je, FUnkeeeeeee !!!! Apostle must hear of this..
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by newslifeop: 8:52am On Nov 10, 2017
Really
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by ozilo1chance(m): 9:07am On Nov 10, 2017
chaberry:

Kross of Madrid
That's a fat lie.
Kroos of Realmadrid played at the u17 championship in South Korea 2007.........A tounament Nigeria won.
He is Lukman Haruna's set.
Get your facts right bro.
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 10, 2017
Beedude:

My dear he also won nigeria league. so the guy was right.
On mikel being a DMF so he couldn't score isnt true cos i can name more than 20 defenders,dmf and even goal keepers that score more than mikel. He's just a lucky guy

And I can also name 50 world class dmf with less than 10 career goals
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by holluphemydavid(m): 9:34am On Nov 10, 2017
congrats to super Eagles skipo
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by judedwriter(m): 9:37am On Nov 10, 2017
HumbleGee:
As that time u were being compared with messi but chelsea signed you and spoiled ur career...i wish u all the luck bro we love you
By turning him into a defensive midfielder...the rest is history.
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by Beedude(m): 10:08am On Nov 10, 2017
sabama007:

And I can also name 50 world class dmf with less than 10 career goals
kindly name them. Am here
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by Joemint(m): 10:18am On Nov 10, 2017
sunshineV:
Igbo people can lie sha....... Don't quote me
People just hate Igbos for been resilient, outspoken, resourceful, hardworking, intelligent, prosperous, n educated. I wonder which part of the world hardwork is criticized.
Obi-Wan has a story, and he is now a billionaire, pls hang yourselves if u hate him or Igbos prosperity.
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by chuckdee4(m): 10:38am On Nov 10, 2017
sunshineV:
Igbo people can lie sha....... Don't quote me

People like you are the reason abortion was invented for
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by tonquendo4u(m): 10:44am On Nov 10, 2017
Mosesoly:
Looking back at your career, i don't think you will have any regret, you have won all the major honours available in Club football and also you have won the Nations Cup, you are probably the most decorated Nigerian player and also you have been a good ambassador, you made the right choice, though may be a move to Man united would have made you a better player offensively. Congratulations for all you have achieved
Like Anderson? And Manucho? And so on? Young black players Sir Alex didn't use. I think he made d right decision. Moving to Chelsea made him d most decorated Nigerian player
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by error4040: 11:00am On Nov 10, 2017
sabama007:

Just Ajax n Arsenal... 2 leagues not 3.

On career goals, Mikel playing as a defensive midfielder not a striker like January.

No labrat anywhere Mr
Lwkmd so all this while i was replying you were Female ?
lol
at the youth championship was mikel not playing offensive role ?
oh you thought he won the silver ball as DM ?

madam you know nothing about footy, he won the nigerian league also 92/93
let me end the argument here

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nwankwo_Kanu

and please don't forget to read the part he was awarded an OON

thanks
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by Wheezdom(m): 11:11am On Nov 10, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Never understood the hype. This guy no sabi play anything. Blessing just dey follow am.
wat hv u 2 ray abt d looters
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:12am On Nov 10, 2017
Beedude:

Only a fool will compare Mikel with Papilo. Or lemme say peeps that started watching football in 2005
go and sleep papilo wey no fit score one single nations cup goal....u guys shd respect Mikel he thrive for a decade in Chelsea....and did quite well Wat all dis messi tin....as it is Mikel is one of Nigerian best player for now....
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 10, 2017
error4040:
Lwkmd so all this while i was replying you were Female ?
lol
madam you know nothing about footy, he won the nigerian league also 92/93
let me end the argument here

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nwankwo_Kanu

and please don't forget to read the part he was awarded an OON

thanks

I believe gender has nothing to do with football.
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:15am On Nov 10, 2017
Beedude:

So any player without champions league win isnt better than mikel? It will suprise u to hear that the brazilian Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic never won the ucl despite playing in great clubs like madrid,barca,a.c milan,juve,inter, and psg. all i know is that mikel was just a lucky guy and was covered by God's grace
luck u say nawa to u Hw about his talent and work ethics...who say make Ronaldo and ibra no get luck.....mikel is African great and world icon
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by Beedude(m): 11:26am On Nov 10, 2017
OGHENAOGIE:
go and sleep papilo wey no fit score one single nations cup goal....u guys shd respect Mikel he thrive for a decade in Chelsea....and did quite well Wat all dis messi tin....as it is Mikel is one of Nigerian best player for now....
We all knw Mikel was overrated and lucky. A player who prefer a sub role at chelsea when his mates are in other clubs doing exploit. When Mikel was in chelsea u cant name him among 7most important players at d club. A players impact in a team shows how good he is not medals won.
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by Beedude(m): 11:34am On Nov 10, 2017
OGHENAOGIE:
luck u say nawa to u Hw about his talent and work ethics...who say make Ronaldo and ibra no get luck.....mikel is African great and world icon
With ur point its easy to say mikel is better than okocha and kanu. All i can say is that u never watched jj and papilo (pure talent and higher than any super eagles player presently)
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by ozilo1chance(m): 11:45am On Nov 10, 2017
I'm not supporting that guy but,

Felipe Luis
Zapata
Falcao
Ospina
Graziano Pelle
Zabaleta
Aguero
David Silva
[/quote]
1. Felipe Luiz came to d same Chelsea & flopped.He was on d bench most often dan not,left out of furstration back to Athletico after jus 1 season at Chelsea.
Is dat worth being called a success?
2. Falcao jus like Felipe flopped massively AT D SAME CHELSEA,as a striker he couldn't even net as much as 5goals in his short amid terrible Chelsea career......He too left after just 1 season at Chelsea.....Although he has gone on to re-invogorate his career at Monaco.
3. Where is Zapata now? Infact who knows Zapata?Is it d big Colombian who won nothing in his career?
Is dat worth being called a success?
4. Ospina?Ospina ke?
If you are talking about perenial bench warmers at Arsenal den surely Ospina comes to mind.
D short Colombian has had to play second fiddle to Petr Cech & won no major trophy (apart from ofcos d FA CUP)in his career.
5.Pelle?you will agree with me dat dis guy is not
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by Fxwarrior: 11:55am On Nov 10, 2017
GloriaNinja:
LONG STORY

Yes slay queen its long but worth it. It taught me to believe in myself and to have a sense of self worth.

Better than reading Mills and Boon.
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by ozilo1chance(m): 11:57am On Nov 10, 2017
Pelle is not up Mikel's standard in terms of trophy haul.
6.& 7. Aguero and Zabaleta did not even win the copa america not to talk of the champions league.
8.Perhaps it's only David Silva that can be compared to Mikel in terms of trophy haul.
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by ichommy(m): 12:10pm On Nov 10, 2017
Mosesoly:
Looking back at your career, i don't think you will have any regret, you have won all the major honours available in Club football and also you have won the Nations Cup, you are probably the most decorated Nigerian player and also you have been a good ambassador, you made the right choice, though may be a move to Man united would have made you a better player offensively. Congratulations for all you have achieved

True talk.
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by Fxwarrior: 12:13pm On Nov 10, 2017
tolexy007:

spoil his career? u need sense. so because he and messi started together that means they should b going at the same pace? In ur sch, are u the best student? don't u start the class same time with the best student?

grin
Bros abeg no get headache ontop that guy post. Some people sabi yarn dust.

1 Like

Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by tolexy007(m): 12:29pm On Nov 10, 2017
Fxwarrior:

grin
Bros abeg no get headache ontop that guy post. Some people sabi yarn dust.

No mind him..Thanks bro cheesy
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by SmartyPants(m): 12:37pm On Nov 10, 2017
faceURfront:
He didn't do badly at Chelsea, but when you remember how he played in that youth tournament, and how he played at Chelsea, you did think he would have been better suited at Manchester United.

In hindsight i'm not so sure. Utd were playing 4-4-2 at the time and Mikel would have had to become more hardworking to play in that formation. At the youth tournament he was protected defensively by Promise Isaac and Yakubu Alfa, but at utd he would have had to become a proper box to box midfielder, which he has never looked suited for.

I think he should have opted for the patient approach, spending a couple of years in a lower league/smaller team so he could really figure himself out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match / Betking.com ......Scam! Scam!! Scam!!! / Jay-Jay Okocha With English Premier League Trophy In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.