Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,105 members, 7,957,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:46 AM

"Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths (13074 Views)

‘Forgive Buhari On Certificate': Lai Mohammed Blames PDP, Says Video "Doctored" / Okorocha: I Don't Rely On The Support Of The Igbos To Achieve My 2023 Presidency / "$1bn Not For Anti-boko Haram War Alone" - Osinbajo Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by ELdaar55(m): 9:06am On Nov 10, 2017
THANK YOU SIR FOR YOUR FATHERLY ADVICE...WHETHER YOU ARE A FIRST CLASS OR THIRD CLASS CERTIFICATE HOLDER, IT TAKES THE GRACE OF GOD TO BE HIGHER OR GREAT IN LIFE.
Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by teflonjake(m): 9:06am On Nov 10, 2017
A man that likes but cannot afford ogbono soup, will say it's not good for his health.

1 Like

Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by hollowpot15684(m): 9:08am On Nov 10, 2017
myners007:
its obvious dat this govt do not have any idea in tackling unemployment

so after employment is been created, you then employ unskilled people to do the job??
skill acquisition is part of job creation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:09am On Nov 10, 2017
TruePass:
Nothing good comes out of a yolupa leadership.

Not surprise.
Wat viewpoint is dis man sayin self...instead of our govt to create the enabling environs of infrastructure roads hospital schools etc set regulatory framework...to aid private organization such dat massive and wanton exploitation is stop...im de talk trash...
Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 10, 2017
What about making the environment good and possible to utilise other avenue.

What about basic amenities?

What about youth employment?

The government do virtually nothing n expect us explore which avenue?

Midget keep talking.
Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by GavelSlam: 9:12am On Nov 10, 2017
DieBuhari:
I get what he is saying, afterall his boss Buhari did not rely on his certificate at all.
He doesn't have one.

Yet surpassed your entire clan in achievement.

When you think about it we are saying the same thing.
Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by Escapadebiz(m): 9:14am On Nov 10, 2017
well said... however, theory is said to be the senior brother of practice.
Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by moffat(m): 9:17am On Nov 10, 2017
after killing our growing Economy by you Mumu Blame game hypocrite Pastor
Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by freeman95(m): 9:19am On Nov 10, 2017
Tell them stupid boys and girls abeg cheesy
Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by Alexandri8: 9:21am On Nov 10, 2017
It's just unfortunate this Administration has failed the country but this piece he said here isn't bad at all. In a failed economy or not YOUTH shouldn't rely on one way income. Acquiring a skill to me isn't negotiable due to my kind of person so talking about our own NIGERIA it's a necessity and might pay more than our so call certificate at last.
Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by jtjohn(m): 9:23am On Nov 10, 2017
“The difference between success and failure, mediocrity or excellence is character. Along with character is opportunity, perhaps the most crucial is the place of God.”

www.dailytrust.com.ng/don-t-rely-on-certificate-alone-osinbajo-charges-youths.html

[/quote] I love this..... words of wisdom.
Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by FarahAideed: 9:25am On Nov 10, 2017
DieBuhari:
I get what he is saying, afterall his boss Buhari did not rely on his certificate at all.
He doesn't have one.

Exactly
Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by RSVP: 9:27am On Nov 10, 2017
Wen d time is right ma broda yé. Dem no dey telli persin telli persin ooo.. grin
Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by Jelgiva(f): 9:28am On Nov 10, 2017
nice one Osibaba
Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by welzyj2(m): 9:34am On Nov 10, 2017
After going to school we all are advised not to rely on our certificate's.
Who are the people that would make use of their certificate?
Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by Activeman391(m): 9:55am On Nov 10, 2017
Wise words from the VP...but Pls create enabling environment for skill development
Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 10, 2017
This one done use style approve yahoo yahoo

1 Like

Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by unamdi(m): 10:12am On Nov 10, 2017
Get lost Mr. VICE PRESIDENT
Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by Maj196(m): 10:15am On Nov 10, 2017
Coming from the vice President? Youths its high time we help ourselves these people don't give a shhit.
Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 10, 2017
Realsman405:
Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, on Thursday in Ibadan, charged Nigerian youths never to rely on their academic certificate alone to survive.

Osinbajo, who spoke at the 10th convocation ceremony of the Lead City University, Ibadan where 590 students were awarded first degree certificates.

The vice president who was the special guest at the ceremony, said, “I was 60 years old in March this year, and I must confess that one of the greatest surprises I ever experienced was that I just suddenly became 60. I can clearly remember when I graduated from the university. I was 21 years old at the time. How time flies.

“One of the important lessons that you will learn is that time flies whether you are wasting it or you are using it well. It simply flies back. At the age of 60 years, I am entitled to give some advice.

“By talent, a good degree and coming from a very well to do family does not bring success and certainly it does not bring greatness. The most talented people, those who get the best degrees do not necessarily become the most successful in life.

“The difference between success and failure, mediocrity or excellence is character. Along with character is opportunity, perhaps the most crucial is the place of God.”

www.dailytrust.com.ng/don-t-rely-on-certificate-alone-osinbajo-charges-youths.html

U said u will create 220 million jobs during campaign, now ur saying trash.
Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by gustav25: 10:18am On Nov 10, 2017
sure but first and foremostly,create an ennabling environment so people can harness their skillset

1 Like

Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by indomielomo: 10:30am On Nov 10, 2017
thank you Lord i kuku have ise owo
Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by sexylabo(m): 10:39am On Nov 10, 2017
but oshinbajo...your certificate got you to where you are today...if truly you are a man of God...you should have resigned as the vp ...because you are sorrounded with corrupt polithiefcian(God fathers)...who are the ones telling you what to do
Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by mykquincy: 11:11am On Nov 10, 2017
You must be joking
Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by God2man(m): 11:39am On Nov 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Such a misguided advice from someone confused as an intellectual.

It is so foolish for a professor to advice this to a generation of confused youths who are in dire need of a flimsy reason not to go to school.

What should a youth depend on then if not his certificates?

With such advice from him more folks will quit school for Nairabet and Yahoo-yahoo.
Osinbanjo makes most of us doubt if he is truly a Professor and worse even; a pastor.

Did he say you should not acquire certificates?

No, I blame the Op, the message is not conclusive without mentioning character.

Prof osinbajo said according to Punchng. Com "
The difference between success and failure, mediocrity or excellence is character. Along with character is opportunity, perhaps the most crucial is the grace of God. Character is a set of values that shapes the conduct of an individual. It is a set of principles spoken and unspoken that person observes and lives on"

I am surprised with this kind of inspiration coming from a vice president of Nigeria.
Truly, there is hope for Nigeria.

Nairaland moderators have a lot of work to do on this forum to help Nigerian youth.

God bless you.
Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by Josh44s(m): 12:17pm On Nov 10, 2017
mastermaestro:
cheesy He is right. His boss didn't rely on certificate to get to where he is.

One picture. A million meanings to Nigerians

1 Like

Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by seunjungle1(m): 12:41pm On Nov 10, 2017
But why will such a statement comes out from such a man...we shouldn't depend on our certificates.
What plans do you(govt/Osinbajo) have for us that will let us put our certificates aside?

After all the stress and resources we spent in our various schools you still expect we youths neglect those certificates right? Okay, for what reasons or plan sir? When your own children are busy milking in high offices with their acquired certificates, you can tell us to drop our certs for no reason. We should engage ourselves on illegal things like rubbery, killing, yahoo-yahoo+, kidnapping and all other immoral things.

But what hope is this man (osinbajo) giving us...we should forget that it can be good again...why can't this man short up his f**k mouth if he knows God thing can not come out from their govt. And Pastor they call him

Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by Jointhemiltons2(m): 1:27pm On Nov 10, 2017
Don’t even rely on your certificate sef. This country is about what you can do with your brain n hands.
Re: "Don't Rely On Certificate Alone" - Osinbajo‎ Charges Youths by steperone(m): 1:43pm On Nov 10, 2017
Lomprico2:
Is it because u guys have no plans to create jobs?

Shame on you so called pastor! angry

Who be this one... Sit down there and be forming comrade/activist on Nairaland, dont start something for yourself, be waiting 4 gov't, you want the FGN to create jobs for all the youths, we are just spoilt in this country, we won't do anything to change anything, we'll just buy data, come online and complain!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shehu Sani, 14 APC Aspirants Reject Indirect Primaries In Kaduna / Amaechi: Nigerians Who Damaged Public Property Must Be Punished / I Made 2ND Class Lower In Mathematics Can I Do Masters?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.