Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,110 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

An Innocent Student Of UNILAG Was Being Brutalized By Policemen. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / An Innocent Student Of UNILAG Was Being Brutalized By Policemen. (650 Views)

Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Attempts Suicide Over Sex For Grade Scandal / Jessy Gold: Girl Killed By Policemen In Ajegunle Identified / Girl Runs Away From Her Home After Being Brutalized At Prayer House. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Innocent Student Of UNILAG Was Being Brutalized By Policemen. by akintade59: 2:57am On Nov 10, 2017
A young man named Bakare John who is a student of UNILAG was being harassed by 4 Nigerian policemen and 1 Mopol. He narrated his ordeal with us; he was being harassed and brutalized seriously.
According to him, the police officer intercepted his car along Agbowa- ikorodu axis suspecting that he was a yahoo boy.

Here's what he said;

“I had a nasty experience with some 4 Nigerian policemen and a Mopol on Wednesday evening around 7:30pm as I was coming from a football match with my friends inside the car with me, this incident happened at a police checkpoint along Agbowa- ikorodu axis.
A policeman asked me to stop and he was slapping me and beating me seriously till blood was rushing out of my mouth, he collected the key of the car, he also smashed my phone on the ground, he sprayed tear gas to my eyes and I was crying bitterly, he said I'm not the owner of the car and I told him it's my mother that owns the car he said I should call my mother and I called her .The policeman spoke with her on phone. They alleged me as a hardened criminal in which I’ve never being involved in any sort of crime case whatsoever.
I was even telling them to let us settle things peacefully and explain things calmly. As I was speaking with them I observed that some of them were drunk, so I was trying to play smart so as for them not to pull any trigger.
I told them I’m a student of UNILAG and that I was coming from a football match and that I'm going back home. He checked through my phone maybe he would see any traces of fraudulent chats or anything relating to cyber crime, he checked through but he didn’t see anything. He said if I’m ready to cooperate with him he’ll cooperate with me, he spoke with my Mom. I was being stranded for hours until they requested for money. I told them I don’t have money to settle them that I’m a student. They pressurized me until I gave them #2000naira just for them to free me and let me go”

1 Share

Re: An Innocent Student Of UNILAG Was Being Brutalized By Policemen. by Nbote(m): 6:16am On Nov 10, 2017
Is d brutality still ongoing as at d tym of ur report becos dis ur "was being" no dey help matters.. D best way to not fall victim to those criminals in uniform is to avoid dem which is becoming almost impossible once u drive a car
Re: An Innocent Student Of UNILAG Was Being Brutalized By Policemen. by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 10, 2017
If you have never been harassed by Nigerian police before just don't worry, your time is coming

1 Like

Re: An Innocent Student Of UNILAG Was Being Brutalized By Policemen. by 2shure: 7:25am On Nov 10, 2017
since i bought my s8.
i dare not carry it put.
i gym a lot
asin a lot and i hardly smile.
sars have stopped me several times.
d trick is this.
once u know whatsup.
coti go lick your yansh.
na xmas time
everywhr dey hot.
guy man gat2 wise up.
big phone..
nokka torchlight
been saving lives and extortion.

black on black

Re: An Innocent Student Of UNILAG Was Being Brutalized By Policemen. by omogerohprecious(m): 6:08pm On Nov 10, 2017
2shure:
since i bought my s8. i dare not carry it put. i gym a lot asin a lot and i hardly smile. sars have stopped me several times. d trick is this. once u know whatsup. coti go lick your yansh. na xmas time everywhr dey hot. guy man gat2 wise up. big phone.. nokka torchlight been saving lives and extortion.
black on black
bro hwfr na. abbeg show me the way make I fit they smile abbeg
Re: An Innocent Student Of UNILAG Was Being Brutalized By Policemen. by 2shure: 7:03pm On Nov 10, 2017
baba no level
dem don bloc my 3pof accounts amd fb
man must pick dis month
at least 3m
omogerohprecious:

bro hwfr na.
abbeg show me the way make I fit they smile abbeg
Re: An Innocent Student Of UNILAG Was Being Brutalized By Policemen. by omogerohprecious(m): 11:53pm On Nov 10, 2017
Baba show Me how u dey run am. I be novice for the business without any doings

(1) (Reply)

30 Feared Killed As Fuel Tanker Explodes Along Orlu-owerri Road In Imo State / Court Remands First Violator Of Benue Anti Open Grazing Law / --

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.