Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,254 members, 7,818,874 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

US Ambassador Visits Fayose, Stresses Need For A United Nigeria (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Ambassador Visits Fayose, Stresses Need For A United Nigeria (video) (428 Views)

China Promises Huge Investment In Imo As Chinese Ambassador Visits Nwulu Of UPP / Bisi Adeleye Fayemi Visits Fayose Ahead Of Next Tuesday's Inauguration / John Bray Visits Fayose Over Ekiti Election (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Ambassador Visits Fayose, Stresses Need For A United Nigeria (video) by kabakaauu: 7:36am On Nov 10, 2017
The United States, US, Ambassador to Nigeria, Stuart Symington, has pledged to support Governor Ayodele Fayose’s 2019 Presidential ambition.

Symington, who visited Fayose alongside his Aide, Mima Torres, stated that he was impressed with the patriotic zeal of Nigerians.

He said: “Nigerians are proud to be Nigerians. When you ask them what they love most about their country, they would say ‘it is our resilience, energy, diversity, unity, and friendliness’.”

While applauding the infrastructural development in Ekiti State, the US envoy said the Governor’s three years in office had been keenly observed by the US.
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klXBvUUo7uk

We are in Ekiti, because we believe in Nigeria; every State, every corner matters. We have seen what you have done in the last three years, it is very commendable.

“Our concern in the US, is that we want to see leaders who care about others and not themselves; we also understand that you have a Presidential ambition, and wish to know your programme for the country”, he said.

While urging Fayose to ensure support for Ekiti women who were interested in agriculture, he stressed on the need for free, fair, and credible elections.

He promised that the US would ensure that subsequent elections in Nigeria, particularly in Anambra and Ekiti States, were free, fair, and credible.

Fayose in his response, mentioned poor attitude by the people and the insincerity of leaders, as the major problem retarding the growth of the country.

“Our greatest challenge is not corruption, but insincerity of leaders. Those claiming to fight corruption are not sincere. Without justice, we cannot move forward. There must be equity in the way we do things. Being selective in the fight against corruption, will not take us anywhere.”

On his Presidential ambition, Fayose said: “I have the required experience to lead this country. I have worked with the Presidents we have elected into office in this country, and I am able to manage the economy of my State, despite lean resources.

“In the US and the UK, they ask you your experience when seeking a job, not your paper qualification. I have managed a poor economy in my State, and that shows my ability to deliver”, he said.

We are in firm control, and the people are in our support. We just want to appeal to America and the international community to keep an eye on the poll. We do not want INEC to come to our State with pre-loaded card readers, or manipulate the process. We are sure to repeat the victory of 2014, when we won in all Local Government Areas”, he stated.

source:https://tv.guardian.ng/news/national-news/us-ambassador-visits-fayose-stresses-need-for-a-united-nigeria/

CC: Lalasticlala
Re: US Ambassador Visits Fayose, Stresses Need For A United Nigeria (video) by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 10, 2017
IN UNITY WE STAND.......
Re: US Ambassador Visits Fayose, Stresses Need For A United Nigeria (video) by evanso6226(f): 7:40am On Nov 10, 2017
good one
Re: US Ambassador Visits Fayose, Stresses Need For A United Nigeria (video) by evanso6226(f): 7:42am On Nov 10, 2017
modelmike7:
IN UNITY WE STAND.......

united we can do it but divided we failure is inevitable
Re: US Ambassador Visits Fayose, Stresses Need For A United Nigeria (video) by bamoski(m): 8:11am On Nov 10, 2017
pishure or....

(1) (Reply)

Liberian President Arrives Imo To Get Her Own Statue Erected! / IPOB Threatens Voters / Court Sentences 2 Nigerian Civil Servants To 105 Years Imprisonment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.