Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,379 members, 7,822,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Mikel Obi Reveals How Chelsea Snatched Him Away From Manchester United - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Reveals How Chelsea Snatched Him Away From Manchester United (413 Views)

Mikel Obi Reveals He Got Robbed Of African Footballer Of The Year Award / Olga Diyachenko Welcomes Nigeria To Russia With Loved Up Photo With Mikel Obi / Olga Diyachenko, Mikel Obi's Wife Reveals How They Met & Started Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Reveals How Chelsea Snatched Him Away From Manchester United by correctng(m): 10:28am On Nov 10, 2017
Super Eagles Captian and Tianjin TEDA midfielder, John Mikel Obi, has revealed how Manchester United and Chelsea fought over his transfer before giving in to Roman Abramovich and declining Sir Alex Ferguson’s offer.

The talented midfielder, who earned a month trial at Old Trafford before United struck a provisional deal with Norwegian outfit Lyn Oslo to bring him to the Theatre of Dreams, revealed that United offered him a staggering £1.5m contract but Chelsea’s involvement became a hindrance for the deal to be sealed as he made a stunning u-turn to Stamford bridge in 2006

Speaking about the deals in a lengthy interview with the Sun, he said:

“It was surreal,” admits Mikel. “I was at school, but had Chelsea and Manchester United — two of the world’s biggest clubs — trying to sign me. I’ll never forget that second meeting with Sir Alex. I’d signed a deal at United but had to tell him: ‘Sorry, I want to play for Chelsea’.

“He really liked me but I could see how angry and disappointed he was.

“Some things he told me made me think about changing my mind but I was thinking about Jose, too.

“I had these two great managers wanting me and I did not know what to do.

“Fergie told me:

Continue reading at http://www.correctng.com/mikel-obi-reveals-chelsea-snatched-away-manchester-united-lengthy-interview/

(1) (Reply)

Emmanuel Amuneke Said Super Eagles Can Shock Big Teams In Russia / [VIDEO] Iheanacho Flops As Man City Knocks Leicester Out EFL Cup | Goals / Jose Mourinho To Bid For Malcolm At The Rate Of £40 Million In January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.