Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,778 members, 7,851,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:07 AM

What Is The Difference Between Oracle DBA And Oracle Ebs DBA? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Difference Between Oracle DBA And Oracle Ebs DBA? (455 Views)

The Ultimate Guide To Pursuing An Online DBA Degree / What Is The Best Way To Choose A DBA Specialization? / Doctor Of Business Administration (DBA) Course In The UK University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Oracle DBA And Oracle Ebs DBA? by RuthEvans043(f): 11:59am On Nov 10, 2017
Before knowing the difference between Oracle DBA and Oracle EBS DBA, you should know that basically there are two types of DBA:

Core Database Administration
Application Database Administration (like SOA, EBS, PeopleSoft, etc ..)
Oracle DBA might be Core DBA or Application DBA. We can differentiate these DBAs as per their responsibilities.

Role of Oracle Core DBA:

Installation/Upgrade of Oracle Database.
Database user creation and deletion
Roles and Privilege management
Application of Oracle Patches to database
Database Backup and Recovery , etc..
Role of Application(EBS or APPS) DBA:

Install and Upgrade EBS application
Cloning of Application
Apply patch to the Application
Fixing of Oracle Form Browser Issue, etc ...
As I have not worked much as Oracle Apps DBA, so I can not tell you in detail. An Oracle APPS DBA generally perform both roles. As per the project, there will be different DBAs for each role.

But if you are going to be an Oracle APPS DBA, you should have good knowledge of Oracle Core Database.

(1) (Reply)

Dey Don Kill One University Of Uyo Student For Nans Convention For Bayelsa / I Need Advice On Where To Do My IT Certified Training / Shell SPDC JV University Scholarship, 2017 Still Ongoing, End Soon- Apply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.