Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,644 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Young Man Deletes Grammatical Error On Plateau State Secretariat Gate (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Young Man Deletes Grammatical Error On Plateau State Secretariat Gate (Photos) (864 Views)

#TrashChallenge: See What Youths In Ibadan Did At Agodi Gate - Photos / APC Pulls Down Giant Broom At Abuja City Gate (photos) / Boma Goodhead Confronts Masked DSS Men Blocking NASS Gate (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Young Man Deletes Grammatical Error On Plateau State Secretariat Gate (Photos) by Abee79(m): 12:39pm On Nov 10, 2017
A Facebook user named Dung John Hywere posted pictures on his page of how he was embarrassed by the grammatical error painted on the closed old gate of the Plateau State Secretariat in Jos, Plateau State and he decided to do something about the issue rather than just being a passive observer. He wrote:

On the 25th of September, 2017, I made a post which displayed a rather ridiculous and humorous writing on the second gate of the J. D. Gomwalk secretariat.

While so many saw the post as politically motivated because of my inference to government and workers alike being paid "Alerts" without recourse to identifying and correcting decayed infrastructural developments around them, I'm pleased to inform you that, I've taken out time to paint the Statewide embarrassment conspicuously written on that gate.

We mustn't be in positions of authority first as Governors, Commissioners for Education, Head of Service or government employee to make significant differences in the societies we live in. Fortunately or unfortunately, I'm not any of the above but I felt compelled by duty to fatherland to correct this embarrassment.

One of my major fears and concern was laid bare when I met these pupils from the Obasanjo Model Nursery and Primary School who were on their way back from school as I settled down to perform my voluntary community service. They had stopped over to buy Sugarcane from a woman close to the gate to complement the long walk from school. These girls pass this road on a daily basis they told me after having a chat with them. They said they've tried to read with difficultly to read and comprehend the inscription on the gate and yet, wondered if these writings were right or wrong being that, it was written on Government Secretariat gate and of course, shouldn't be wrong after all.
These young ladies could just be your cousin, niece, or friend's daughters. How many of such pupils have been misled by the spelling and for how long, is better imagined.

It took less than N2000 to accomplish a problem which more than a decade of non-chalance from government and workers at the secretariat might been able to put out. This could be part of the many problems we encounter with our children or wards inefficiency in learning and we don't have the slightest idea that the problem was not with the teachers in the classroom but with the streets our children ply on a daily basis.
In the course of exercising duty to my fatherland, it didn't come easy. it came at a price. The paint I bought to do the job with, was later to pour in my car and stain anything that was on its path. But I'm glad that a greater � evil has been solved. If not for anything, for the generation that will come afterwards knowing we're better than this on the Plateau.

The legacies of J. D Gomwalk are legendary and visible on the Plateau and this secretariat mustn't be treated like this at all. I might not again be able to do what Nde J. D. Gomwalk did, but I can certainly protect his legendary edifice when indeed I see them being mutilated.
We're Plateau youths and we must be seen correcting the ills in our society and not necessarily waiting always for government to do it. But that doesn't mean the government should shy away from confronting its leviathan values to the people it swore to protect and serve.
God bless Plateau State ....

Re: Young Man Deletes Grammatical Error On Plateau State Secretariat Gate (Photos) by nNEOo(m): 12:46pm On Nov 10, 2017
This is how to fix Nigeria .....take all the selfies you can bro you earn it.

1 Like

Re: Young Man Deletes Grammatical Error On Plateau State Secretariat Gate (Photos) by Abee79(m): 1:26pm On Nov 10, 2017
More Pictures

Re: Young Man Deletes Grammatical Error On Plateau State Secretariat Gate (Photos) by Caseless: 1:32pm On Nov 10, 2017
And you needed publicity for this?

King of England, clap for yourself.
Re: Young Man Deletes Grammatical Error On Plateau State Secretariat Gate (Photos) by Abee79(m): 1:43pm On Nov 10, 2017
Caseless:
And you needed publicity for this?

King of England, clap for yourself.
It's still better than bad publicity for cultism, armed robbery, hooliganism, ra.pe, drug trafficking and disorderly conduct. Don't you think? cool

1 Like

Re: Young Man Deletes Grammatical Error On Plateau State Secretariat Gate (Photos) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 10, 2017
But where is Mynd44 sef grin grin grin
Re: Young Man Deletes Grammatical Error On Plateau State Secretariat Gate (Photos) by Caseless: 1:49pm On Nov 10, 2017
Abee79:

It's still better than bad publicity for cultism, armed robbery, hooliganism, ra.pe, drug trafficking and disorderly conduct. Don't you think? cool
sure!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: Buhari Won't Return Alive In His Visit To South East - IPOB Threatens / Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification / 2019 Election, Reason Why Atiku Should Be President Of Nigeria – Father Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.