Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,225 members, 7,825,865 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

“why I Am Building Statues” – Governor Rochas Okorocha Explains - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “why I Am Building Statues” – Governor Rochas Okorocha Explains (623 Views)

The Time For Building Statues Has Passed. Ben Bruce Congratulate Emeka Ihedioha / 'why I Am Building Statues" Rochas Okorocha Explains (photo) / Rochas Okorocha: Why I Am Building Statues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

“why I Am Building Statues” – Governor Rochas Okorocha Explains by babile: 9:12pm On Nov 10, 2017
The Imo state governor, Rochas Okorocha has unveiled the statue built in honor of visiting Liberian president, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf.

Although, while appreciating the gesture of the state governor, the Liberian president said she has never received such an honor.

According to her, she has a statue in her alma mater, Harvard University, but the size of the statue cannot be compared to the one built by the Rochas Okorocha administration.

Shortly after unveiling the statue of the Liberian President, Rochas Okorocha was asked by a journalist why he is building statues and he replied:

“To immortalize people so our children yet unborn can read a piece of them. History is dying in Africa. We must keep history alive. In the next 100 years to come, most of us will not be here but this will stand for children to read stories and mold their character. If leaders are not mortalized, there will not be history for children yet unborn’.
http://newsnow.com.ng/?p=1387

1 Share

Re: “why I Am Building Statues” – Governor Rochas Okorocha Explains by uzoormah(m): 9:16pm On Nov 10, 2017
Story 4 d gods
Re: “why I Am Building Statues” – Governor Rochas Okorocha Explains by extralargehead(m): 9:17pm On Nov 10, 2017
Statues that will be destroyed the next Government na him be lasting legacy? abeg commot for road joor.
Re: “why I Am Building Statues” – Governor Rochas Okorocha Explains by DuchessLily(f): 9:21pm On Nov 10, 2017
This he actually say this

Aahh... If he did then something must be wrong with him.
U are owing salaries, yet using imo state money to build statues of people who are not Nigerians, not to talk of them being from IMO state.. U are immortalizing them for our future generation eeh?... Mr gov. what good have they done Nigeria??
Re: “why I Am Building Statues” – Governor Rochas Okorocha Explains by Oledia(m): 9:23pm On Nov 10, 2017
His reason is too unreasonable.
Re: “why I Am Building Statues” – Governor Rochas Okorocha Explains by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 10, 2017
how will it stand for the next 100years? A new government will come within the next 20years and destroy them because its of no use and benefit to the masses

Augustap
Re: “why I Am Building Statues” – Governor Rochas Okorocha Explains by obaataaokpaewu: 9:39pm On Nov 10, 2017
candlewax:
how will it stand for the next 100years? A new government will come within the next 20years and destroy them because its of no use and benefit to the masses

Augustap
Not even a new government. Rochas will demolish it to "widen" the roads. He has been doing that to some of his constructions

2 Likes

Re: “why I Am Building Statues” – Governor Rochas Okorocha Explains by sparklezeee: 9:42pm On Nov 10, 2017
This guy fit don hide money inside those statues o
Re: “why I Am Building Statues” – Governor Rochas Okorocha Explains by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 10, 2017
lol

Augustap
obaataaokpaewu:
Not even a new government. Rochas will demolish it to "widen" the roads. He has been doing that to some of his constructions
Re: “why I Am Building Statues” – Governor Rochas Okorocha Explains by citizenY(m): 9:53pm On Nov 10, 2017
When is he building his own statue?
Re: “why I Am Building Statues” – Governor Rochas Okorocha Explains by Mynd44: 10:19pm On Nov 10, 2017

(1)

Gov.wike's Convoy Clashes With That Of Ex-gov.amaechi Raising Assassination Fear / Jonathan Speaks On Atiku, Fayose For President; Buhari's Anti-Corruption War / How The Mighty Has Fallen: Nnamdi Kanu Reportedly Dethroned, Accused Of Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.