Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,418 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Auto Tranny Issue - Honda Accord 2007 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Auto Tranny Issue - Honda Accord 2007 (1884 Views)

Honest Review Of This Toks 1999 Manual Tranny Honda Civic / My Sojourn Into W201 World (1993 190E I6 Auto Tranny) / How Much Does A Complete Toyota Corolla 2009 1NR-FE Engine With 6-speed Tranny? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Auto Tranny Issue - Honda Accord 2007 by jidabod(m): 4:38pm On Nov 11, 2017
Dear Auto Experts/Gurus,

The subject car gear changes abruptly from 2 to 4 whenever on the road for a longer period of time and I have to accelerate well inorder

to make it up a slope else the car will be stuck on gear 2 trying to engage 3 in failed attempts.

Throttle does not engage after a long driving period also.

My workplace auto guy said its the gear "fibre" while another "Kazeem" said it the gear switch.

Kindly enlighten me on the possible cause of the gear issue and possible fix.

I would have gone for replacement but I have a whole lot on my table at the moment so a fix is all i'm hoping for.

My location is Lagos, Ipaja.
Re: Auto Tranny Issue - Honda Accord 2007 by mayor2013: 4:54pm On Nov 11, 2017
jidabod:
Dear Auto Experts/Gurus,

The subject car gear changes abruptly from 2 to 4 whenever on the road for a longer period of time and I have to accelerate well inorder

to make it up a slope else the car will be stuck on gear 2 trying to engage 3 in failed attempts.

Throttle does not engage after a long driving period also.

My workplace auto guy said its the gear "fibre" while another "Kazeem" said it the gear switch.

Kindly enlighten me on the possible cause of the gear issue and possible fix.

I would have gone for replacement but I have a whole lot on my table at the moment so a fix is all i'm hoping for.

My location is Lagos, Ipaja.

Carry out a proper diagnosis. Multiautolab is closer to you
Re: Auto Tranny Issue - Honda Accord 2007 by jidabod(m): 11:45am On Dec 05, 2017
mayor2013:

Carry out a proper diagnosis. Multiautolab is closer to you

Please confirm ur availability on Saturday afternoon Sir.
Re: Auto Tranny Issue - Honda Accord 2007 by mayor2013: 1:34pm On Dec 05, 2017
jidabod:

Please confirm ur availability on Saturday afternoon Sir.

Saturday is all fine. I would be on ground
Re: Auto Tranny Issue - Honda Accord 2007 by jidabod(m): 1:44pm On Dec 05, 2017
mayor2013:

Okay Sir.
Re: Auto Tranny Issue - Honda Accord 2007 by jidabod(m): 4:32pm On Dec 13, 2017
Dear Auto Gurus,

Is there any specific scan/diagnosis that one can run to confirm Solenoid aka Fibre for transmission issue?

I was just advised by another claimed gear professional that I have to replace my transmission fibre without any code to back it up after scan.

cc: Kashif, Gazzuzz
Re: Auto Tranny Issue - Honda Accord 2007 by Kashif(m): 9:40am On Dec 21, 2017
jidabod:
Dear Auto Gurus,

Is there any specific scan/diagnosis that one can run to confirm Solenoid aka Fibre for transmission issue?

I was just advised by another claimed gear professional that I have to replace my transmission fibre without any code to back it up after scan.

Fibre(clutch) and solenoid are NOT the same.

Testing for a solenoid's electrical integrity is straightforward, but it's performance is not. While a digital metre will do the former, the latter will require pressure gauges, charts, compressed air, live PIDs to determine. It gets complex if you don't have a known working solenoid to throw in. Unfortunately, slipping clutches throw solenoid codes so, techs go changing solenoids without desired result.

Clutches don't just burn. Something burns them. You will not know a clutch is burnt without seeing it. It is as simple as that. I say it all the time - burnt clutch is a symptom, so in order to fix the problem correctly, you need to determine and address the root cause.

The most you can determine externally is a slipping clutch. Some are so small you won't know unless you punch a calculator, and some are very obvious. Those small ones are seen by the computer, and you will be wondering why you are having solenoid codes when your car is driving 'perfectly'. If your mechanic says you need to change your 'fibre', ask him why.

2 Likes

Re: Auto Tranny Issue - Honda Accord 2007 by thebigkendo(m): 10:09am On Dec 21, 2017
jidabod:
Dear Auto Gurus,

mayor2013:

What happen to your Saturday appointment with Multiautolab?

1 Like

Re: Auto Tranny Issue - Honda Accord 2007 by mayor2013: 11:06am On Dec 21, 2017
thebigkendo:

What happen to your Saturday appointment with Multiautolab?

Fluid was changed using the Honda dw1 fluid. A scan on power train was carried out. No fault found. yet problem still persisted. I adviced the "op" personally that from experience on the field the transmission solenoids mounted on the transmission can be a likely cause and it's a much more cheaper way to go by. If this is done then it would be painful to say there is an internal damage already in the transmission. Transmission fluid was badly dark

(1) (Reply)

Starting A Taxify Business. / Advice Needed For Honda Pilot (2003-2004) / 1999 Perfectly Okay Toyota Picnic (foreign Used)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.