Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine (12587 Views)

Governor Umar Ganduje And Governor Rochas Okorocha Meets With Ibrahim Shekarau / My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha / Reuben Abati Trolls Governor Rochas Okorocha On IG (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by ceometromedia: 5:31pm On Nov 11, 2017
The Executive Governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha covers Media Room Hub Magazine’s November Issue.

In this, no holds barred interview with Media Room Hub, the governor speaks about life at 55, the many travails and triumphs throughout his life from surviving a plane crash to his childhood dreams of becoming President one day.

Read excerpts from the interview below:

On life at 55: My 55 years in this world bring a lot of memories of the past. Looking back, I can only say, to God be the glory, because, in 55 years, I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly sides of life. The bad is: I came from a very poor home, I wish I had come from a rich family but I didn’t. I grew up in Jos; that’s where I had my primary, secondary and university education. Then I got into business. From business to politics and that’s where I am today.

So, I thank God. The good side of it is that I have seen the mercy of God; coming from nothing to something. That for me is good. The ugly side of it is getting close touch with death and still being alive. If you remember the Nigerian Airways plane crash in Kaduna that claimed over 64 lives; I was on the plane when it crashed, I survived it. The Bellview plane crash that killed many people, same week former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s wife died in 2005; I had gotten my boarding pass, I walked up to the gate before I turned back.

On his childhood dream: One day, I was taking my father from Barkin Ladi village to Jos, that was when I was in school, I just bought a Mazda bus and I remembered telling my father on the way that I was going to be the President of Nigeria. And he said to me, ‘I know and I believe in you’. So, I’ve always dreamt of where I am going and I honestly didn’t see poverty as a clog in the wheel. Though poverty was biting hard, it just wasn’t tougher than my will to be who I want to be. So, I’ve always had tall ambitions from childhood.

On his ambition to become President: I’ve not dropped my ambition to become the president, I’m only respecting the gentleman called President Muhammadu Buhari whom I think has what it takes to change leadership in this country. And I’m waiting for his declaration, if he’s running, then I should support him.

On his plans for 2019: I have so many windows open in 2019 as I wait for Mr President to make his declaration, I want to be politically relevant and I have made the decision never to watch my country sink. This I would do without losing my foundation which is a huge challenge on its own.

If Buhari declares to run for the office again in 2019 I will support him because the man has a character to develop Nigeria. He has a thick skin that we need. We have a faulty foundation and I see Buhari as that man who can build the foundation that we need. But I don’t see him as someone who will build this nation with a fantastic finishing with nice furniture. He’s just going to build a solid foundation upon which success and prosperity for the land shall be accomplished. And that’s where people like me would come in.

http://metronaija.com/photos-governor-okorocha-covers-media-room-hubs-november-issue/

Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by GloriaNinja(f): 5:37pm On Nov 11, 2017
I REALLY DESPISE ALL THESE POLITHIEFIANS.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by stephleena(f): 5:51pm On Nov 11, 2017
statue governor,if this man ever becomes president, aso rock would just become a a museum, filled with statues..

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by buffalowings: 7:03pm On Nov 11, 2017
Useless mofo
To think that this guy will ever be in my bad book

He should build his own statue too
So his madness will be complete

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by chillychill(f): 7:03pm On Nov 11, 2017
undecided
Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by Category1: 7:03pm On Nov 11, 2017
Wen u trying hard to be relevant, but u know uv done the most stupid thing on earth

6 Likes

Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by jerryunit48: 7:03pm On Nov 11, 2017
Okay o , this fat man for men fashion magazine? It is well
Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by Sambest2(m): 7:03pm On Nov 11, 2017
The statue governor, how soon should we expect a statue in honour of Kenyatta or Mugabe.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by NotNairalandi(m): 7:04pm On Nov 11, 2017
Rochas Okorocha is a disgrace to Imo people!

He is a coperate scammer! undecided

Imo people prefer to be governorless than to have coperate yahoo guy as a governor undecided

5 Likes

Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by asawanathegreat(m): 7:05pm On Nov 11, 2017
Okoro nama

2 Likes

Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by cenaboy(m): 7:06pm On Nov 11, 2017
prodigal son

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by NwaAmaikpe: 7:06pm On Nov 11, 2017
shocked

Mr Rochas.

We know you've escaped two plane crashes but what will kill you will be worse than a mere plane crash.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by Promismike(m): 7:06pm On Nov 11, 2017
Okoro otele.

Okoro awusa

Otele nkita

6 Likes

Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by NwaIgboBoy(m): 7:06pm On Nov 11, 2017
If u have never seen an IDIOT bfor, but u hv seen Rochas, then my friend u hv succeded in seing one corect Idiot...........I HATE NIGERIA!!!

7 Likes

Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by tolumizzy(m): 7:07pm On Nov 11, 2017
And so

1 Like

Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by tolumizzy(m): 7:08pm On Nov 11, 2017
NwaIgboBoy:
If u have never seen an IDIOT bfor, but u hv seen Rochas, then my friend u hv succeded in seing one corect Idiot...........I HATE NIGERIA!!!
go to Kenya now
Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by RichiB(m): 7:09pm On Nov 11, 2017
Chai...dis man dey shop imo state money no be beans from m*mu statues to useless magazine..!

3 Likes

Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by kcmichael: 7:10pm On Nov 11, 2017
Wailers okorocha carry on,they will wail and die

Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by AverageAnnie(f): 7:11pm On Nov 11, 2017
They should have used his statue instead....

2 Likes

Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by kcmichael: 7:12pm On Nov 11, 2017
GloriaNinja:
I REALLY DESPISE ALL THESE POLITHIEFIANS.

Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by SooCute(m): 7:12pm On Nov 11, 2017
wink

1 Like

Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by DerscomTQJ: 7:12pm On Nov 11, 2017
The owners of the magazine have to get their own part of Imo state largesse

3 Likes

Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by philanthropist1(m): 7:13pm On Nov 11, 2017
I weep for my state

3 Likes

Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by Techwriter: 7:13pm On Nov 11, 2017
I'm sure the owner of the magazine is looking for a status of him in imo state

2 Likes

Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by iswallker(m): 7:14pm On Nov 11, 2017
From business to politics..

Which company was he running...

419 people everywhere.

5 Likes

Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by NOC1(m): 7:14pm On Nov 11, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Mr Rochas.

We know you've escaped two plane crashes but what will kill you will be worse than a mere plane crash.

Will your own be bicycle?
Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by sanpipita(m): 7:15pm On Nov 11, 2017
They keep wasting state resources on PR, what is the gain in appearing in magazines while you have left your citizens in penury, our leaders are heartless

3 Likes

Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 11, 2017
I love you Rochas.

You should continue the good work you've embarked on.

Haters are simply either iPobian or PDP
Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by oviejnr(m): 7:16pm On Nov 11, 2017
Cockroachas okoroawusa, Imo state Karma grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 7:17pm On Nov 11, 2017
You want to be president but you are very sure Jubrin is the only man who has what it takes to transform Nigeria.
Which means you simply want to be president for the fun of it abi?
Let me see if Imolites won't pull down all those graven images you're erecting come 2019.
I trust Imo p.ple wella. Dem no get joy.
But your second pix makes sense sha. I like the pose.
Re: Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 11, 2017
How far

Nack me one statue na wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Bars Finance Minister, Others From Slashing Salaries Of Medical Doctors / Femi Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Doesn’t Run World Most Expensive Legislature / APC Candidate, Oyebanji Not Disqualified From Ekiti Guber Poll – Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.