Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,382 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki (25261 Views)

Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure / Northern President In 2023? / 2019: Northern(president) & South East Candidate(vp) Under PDP Will Melt APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by ibhacker: 8:14pm On Nov 11, 2017
Former Minister for Special Duties under the immediate past President Goodluck Jonathan, Tanimu Turaki, has stated that the Peoples Democratic Party will not produce a northern president in 2019.

Turaki said, rather, the party would field someone who would carry everybody along.

The ex-minister in an interview with Premium Times said the current government, under the leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari does not have regard for other parts of the country.

According to him, the former ruling party is looking for men and women of integrity, people that will be the new face of PDP.

He said, “We want people that will not have been part of the so-called impunity that have played out in the party before. People that will raise that hope among Nigerians. People that will inspire members of the party to go that extra mile in canvassing support for the party. So that at the end of the day, we will come up with men and women of proven integrity that will stand anywhere and that would be the first step that PDP will use in telling Nigerians that we have changed, this is a new PDP.

“By the time we get to the point of selecting our party’s presidential candidate, I assure you that Nigerians will be proud of PDP. We will come out with a man or woman of high integrity, somebody who is unassailable, whose integrity is beyond reproach, somebody that Nigerians will have confidence that even though we are going to bring a northerner, we are not going to bring a northern president.

“I want to assure Nigerians and it is important that Nigerians take note of this. Even though the presidency has been zoned to the north, we are not going to give Nigerians a northern president, we are going to give Nigerians, a Nigerian president of northern extraction. Somebody when he thinks, he thinks Nigeria; when he wants to act, he acts Nigeria. Somebody when he wants to move, he moves Nigeria.

“Not somebody that will begin to discriminate among Nigerians, not somebody who will want to treat Nigerians differently on the basis of their support, their thinking, their beliefs and attitude. Somebody who will build strong bridges of friendship across the divide. We will bring somebody who is a unifier.”

SOURCE http://www.naijanews247.com/2017/11/11/pdp-will-not-produce-northern-president-2019-turaki/

10 Likes

Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by sarrki(m): 8:17pm On Nov 11, 2017
If they like let it be from the mass

The people's general will win hands down

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by OMNIVIRUS(m): 8:18pm On Nov 11, 2017
who dem epp?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by lonecatt(m): 8:32pm On Nov 11, 2017
sarrki:

you mean mars?
no be only peoples general ,na "killing machine"

138 Likes 9 Shares

Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by BAILMONEY: 8:42pm On Nov 11, 2017
I GO CAMPAIGN FOR THEM BE THAT

19 Likes

Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by BAILMONEY: 8:43pm On Nov 11, 2017
sarrki:

HEAD SLAMMER

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by BAILMONEY: 9:19pm On Nov 11, 2017
LALASTICLALA LETS UNITE AGAINST THE NORTH

KONOPLYANKA
WALEDEJI
DEJI17
ELECTRICDANGER
OLLAH1
HOLATIN
7LIVES
JESUSLOVESYOU
MICHAEL004
MODELMIKE
SHALLYSGIRL
CYNNTHIALOVE
ALCATRAZ005
COLONELDRAKE
OAUTEMITAYO
BETATHINGS
MARKFEMI
BABARAMOTA1980
BABARAMOTU1980

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by Okanokan(m): 9:28pm On Nov 11, 2017
Fair enough, but it must not be Atiku, Lamido, Bafawara, Shekarau, Dakwambo, Kwakwanso or Turaki etc etc, but a Nationalist who is respected by the International Community and can help cement our broken cleavages. The North has plenty of fine Gentlemen Elder-Statesmen who fits the bill.

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by EazyMoh(m): 9:45pm On Nov 11, 2017
Oga PDP man, that person simply does not exist! Certainly not in PDP.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by madridguy(m): 10:03pm On Nov 11, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by 9jayes: 10:03pm On Nov 11, 2017
BAILMONEY:
HEAD SLAMMER

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by legendte(m): 10:04pm On Nov 11, 2017
Ok
Continue to rest in peace President Yaradua.
Same state with Jubrin
Same Religion with Jubrin.

A true Nigerian.
A prudent and sincere leader.
A man with real integrity.

Shame on this vengeful old stock fish with dead brain and satanic heart. A man that redefined nepotism. A serial liar and killer who hides under integrity and corruption to carry out devilish acts.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by Odianose13(m): 10:04pm On Nov 11, 2017
According to him, the former ruling party is looking for men and women of integrity, people that will be the new face of PDP.

Lol. Na MBGN? You guys already know who will be there. We can't be put under suspense. Whoever can get Nigeria from the mess we are in, even if he is one of the sacked Kaduna teachers, I don't care, let him/her be there.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by Flashh: 10:06pm On Nov 11, 2017
OK, congrats!

3 Likes

Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by BAILMONEY: 10:07pm On Nov 11, 2017
Okanokan:
Fair enough, but it must not be Atiku, Lamido, Bafawara, Shekarau, Dakwambo, Kwakwanso or Turaki etc etc, but a Nationalist who is respected by the International Community and can help cement our broken cleavages. The North has plenty of fine Gentlemen Elder-Statesmen who fits the bill.
CALM DOWN AND READ THE NEWS AGAIN

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by NigerDeltan(m): 10:09pm On Nov 11, 2017
Ok

Buhari has caused more pains in 2yrs than all the president in 54yrs before he became president

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by DeBiafran: 10:09pm On Nov 11, 2017
Must he be of northern extraction b4he can win in this ur Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by buchilino(m): 10:10pm On Nov 11, 2017
NIGERIAN POLITICIANS N LIES R LIKE....., ABEG WHERE JACOB ZUMA'S PICTURE

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by bigerboy200: 10:10pm On Nov 11, 2017
Who cares?
Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by ouzo1(m): 10:10pm On Nov 11, 2017
Lies but I prefer theirs to APC

28 Likes

Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by Odianose13(m): 10:10pm On Nov 11, 2017
BAILMONEY:
CALM DOWN AND READ THE NEWS AGAIN

I be wan quote am before. But on a second thought, I guess he is trying to say that a northerner can still be used.
Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by Paperwhite(m): 10:10pm On Nov 11, 2017
Okanokan:
Gbam!

3 Likes

Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by onatisi(m): 10:12pm On Nov 11, 2017
DeBiafran:
Must he be of northern extraction b4he can win in this ur Nigeria?

what they meant was that they wont produce a president whose interest will be the welfare and the upliftment of the north alone , but a president will will embrace all ethnic groups in the nation and give them a sense of belonging

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by chloride6: 10:12pm On Nov 11, 2017
It's sad but Nigeria's pool of politicians who have a National Outlook is fast depleting.

Politician who have clout outside their regions and are capable of gathering sizeable crtiticism and support everywhere in the country.

As I speak, only one person maybe two have that much needed characteristic.

And that person is no other than Atiku Abubakar.

I would have said Good luck Jonathan but the last elections have shown otherwise.
Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by Pavarottii(m): 10:13pm On Nov 11, 2017
me I know PDP WILL produce GEJ.

just watch out.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by Leez(m): 10:13pm On Nov 11, 2017
sarrki:
ds boy

17 Likes

Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by Kingspin(m): 10:16pm On Nov 11, 2017
I want and desperately need a new Nigeria where development, equity, peace and justice will be for all Nigerians, North to South..
Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by Macgreat(m): 10:16pm On Nov 11, 2017
Who cares . . . I don't really.

Politician has never improved anything in Africa
Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by asawanathegreat(m): 10:20pm On Nov 11, 2017
Pdp beta Learn from ur past mistakes oo

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by rayomata(m): 10:28pm On Nov 11, 2017
BAILMONEY:
I GO CAMPAIGN FOR THEM BE THAT
For who?
Re: PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki by Atiku2019: 10:29pm On Nov 11, 2017
grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soyinka, Others Are Blackmailers, Revolution Won’t Be Tolerated – Presidency / El-Rufai: No Going Back On Support For Southern Presidency In 2023 / Buhari Congratulates Kaycee Madu On His Appointment As Minister In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.