Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair (14755 Views)

This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine / 10 Symptoms That Your Car Needs An Oil Change / My Experience "Ringing" An Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair by Osgilliat(m): 9:53am On Nov 12, 2017
If airbag light is on, can it caused the engine light to be on? My car airbag has been showing since the day I bought it and the engine light won't off either.
Re: These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair by timifakay(m): 10:07am On Nov 12, 2017
Osgilliat:
If airbag light is on, can it caused the engine light to be on? My car airbag has been showing since the day I bought it and the engine light won't off either.
No. Airbag system is independent of the Power train system.

1 Like

Re: These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair by Josh44s(m): 10:29am On Nov 12, 2017
kekakuz:
Oil disappears from my engine after 2 weeks
Am tired
What is happening please help
And the engine can shake for Africa
When I just start the car
It shakes and the check engine light is there
The most painful part is that
I just got it
It’s an EOD

Your village people have finally caught up with you. cheesy

Re: These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair by captainking(m): 10:40am On Nov 12, 2017
kekakuz:
Am tired
I just got it
It’s an EOD
Chisos..you just got it??.. Oya.. Let me help you call the grand masters of car talk... Gazzuzz... Mayor2013....nurey.. Cardoctor.. Autologic... Honmusa.. Diportivo. ..timifakay... And other.. They will solve your wahala

1 Like

Re: These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair by femi4: 10:42am On Nov 12, 2017
zelexotunla:
pls I experience some of these signs however I have advised to work on the engine, as in to ring the engine but I need a good hand to do so in Ibadan. Pls if you have anyone around and what is cost implication? I use Honda Alar. thanks
Ringing is waste of money, replace the engine
Re: These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair by basic23111: 10:56am On Nov 12, 2017
kekakuz:

When driving no
But when I raise yes
Look at the exhaust
colour, if it is smoky or especially if
it is blue then you may be burning
oil which implies worn piston rings, u will need ur mechanic to fix it. but first confirm if no oil leakage from d engine
Re: These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair by dammysel(f): 11:02am On Nov 12, 2017
My car keeps showing this Check orange light took it to the Mech guy he used computer to do whatever it is and it disappeared few days later the light came back. The car is functioning perfectly but the light gives me concern honestly.
Re: These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 11:07am On Nov 12, 2017
I sell genuine car parts at good prices. You could check my signature and give me a call. I also do home delivery however there are certain terms and conditions applied to that.
Re: These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:31am On Nov 12, 2017
kekakuz:
Am tired
I just got it
It’s an EOD

Honda engines are very very durable, so its very uncommon to have a totally faulty engine.

is the vehicle a v6 or i4?

smoking can be caused by something as little as bad o2 sensors, shaky shaky engine can be caused by excessive abuse to vacuum lines and idle air control system...... car would run smooth wen already in motion but to pick from standstill...... issuessssss

first take a snapshot of ur engine bay and post

do u have access to an obd11 scanner?
Re: These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair by ndego1993: 12:55pm On Nov 12, 2017
Please where can I get a place to scan my car in Benin. This is urgently needed people.
Re: These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair by captainking(m): 1:17pm On Nov 12, 2017
dammysel:
My car keeps showing this Check orange light took it to the Mech guy he used computer to do whatever it is and it disappeared few days later the light came back. The car is functioning perfectly but the light gives me concern honestly.
The guy just probably erased the check engine light.. He dint solve the root cause of the light.. Scan the car and post the codes let guruz help you out..

1 Like

Re: These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair by captainking(m): 1:19pm On Nov 12, 2017
ndego1993:
Please where can I get a place to scan my car in Benin. This is urgently needed people.
you can equally buy your own scanner at a cheap rate.. Bluetooth diagnostic scanner whereby you can scan your car with your phone.. Works on all cars 1996 and above.. Holla if you need one..
Re: These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair by autologic: 4:22pm On Nov 12, 2017
drkay:
been hearing a knocking sound lately, especially when ascending a sloppy terrain or flyover at low speed. otherwise, the car is on top of its game. my 'kazeem' said its probably because engine capacity is getting weaker for d ac.
That knocking sound is technically referred to as pinging.
Pinging is as result of incomplete/uneven combustion of air and fuel resulting to spontaneous explosion in the combustion chamber.
Get a recommended techie to check for where the issue is coming from:air ,fuel,spark
Re: These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair by autologic: 4:24pm On Nov 12, 2017
ndego1993:
Contact ehis 0705 348 8163
Re: These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair by dammysel(f): 4:25pm On Nov 12, 2017
captainking:

The guy just probably erased the check engine light.. He dint solve the root cause of the light.. Scan the car and post the codes let guruz help you out..

Ok noted. Thanks

1 Like

Re: These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair by autologic: 4:29pm On Nov 12, 2017
kekakuz:
Am tired
I just got it
It’s an EOD
Save toward buying a tokunbo engine.
Engine shakes due to misfire as result of worn piston ring.
Re: These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair by drkay(m): 8:59pm On Nov 12, 2017
autologic:

That knocking sound is technically referred to as pinging.
Pinging is as result of incomplete/uneven combustion of air and fuel resulting to spontaneous explosion in the combustion chamber.
Get a recommended techie to check for where the issue is coming from:air ,fuel,spark
okay sir. I hope its not something serious.
Re: These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair by ndego1993: 6:07am On Nov 13, 2017
autologic:

Contact ehis 0705 348 8163

Thank you bros.

(1) (2) (Reply)

8 Quick Car Hacks You Should Know / Solar-powered Cars For Nigerians By 2018 / Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.