Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu (34948 Views)

Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church / Ambode Commissions Jubilee Bridge Ajah (Photos) / Ambode Commissions Ojodu Berger Bridge (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 9:28pm On Nov 12, 2017
Fashola's first 2 years in office.

Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 9:29pm On Nov 12, 2017
x

Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 9:30pm On Nov 12, 2017
Fashola

Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by swagkingcole(m): 9:31pm On Nov 12, 2017
Bros Ogijo na Ogun state and that road is a Federal Road.
Fashola tried by doing that Ikorodu road which is also a Federal road.
Try complaining to the Ogun state governor instead of saying things anyhow.
HYBREED:
I swear.... I went ogijo yesterday and I have to tell you that that road is a death trap. Yet he keeps building bus stops...... To even imagine a large signboard welcoming people to Lagos on that badly dilapidated road is nauseating.
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 9:31pm On Nov 12, 2017
e

Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 9:32pm On Nov 12, 2017
ss

Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 9:33pm On Nov 12, 2017
b

Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 9:34pm On Nov 12, 2017
g

Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 9:36pm On Nov 12, 2017
sf

Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 9:37pm On Nov 12, 2017
nh

Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 9:39pm On Nov 12, 2017
What I just posted was commission between jan and may 2010 alone, less than 6 months while useless ambode is doing bust stop and painting roadside 2 years after entering office.

Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 9:44pm On Nov 12, 2017
lo

Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 9:45pm On Nov 12, 2017
lk

Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 9:48pm On Nov 12, 2017
cf

Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 9:49pm On Nov 12, 2017
Still on Fashola's first 2 years in office just like Ambode.....

Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by bendike: 10:03pm On Nov 12, 2017
deomelo:

Obviously, many of you don't know Lagos state and your idea of governance is just shallow and primitive.

1. There's more to managing a state like Lagos state with huge budgets than streetlight, even useless Fayose in ekiti is doing streetlight so what's so special about streetlight?.

2. The power they are powering the street lights cam from where? From the 5 power plants Fashola built and Fashola himself did more streetlighting than any governor in Nigeria.

3. Lagos as state is too congested and can not keep up aggressive continuation with massive infrastructures from bridges, to water works, schools, hospitals, power, transportation, farming, institutional upgrades for efficient delivery. non of which this useless governor have done apart from bus stops and painting curbs.

3. State institutions are falling by the wayside, LAWMA is basically weakened and less efficient hence dirty and pollution returning to Lagos state, LASEPA is totally mute because noise and environmental pollution is returning.

4. The tens of projects Fashola left in different states of completion are still completed wile this joker busy himself with bust stops and motor park.

5. 4th MB is like totally off the table.

From Jakande to Fashola, they all had vision and they set their visionary projects in motion, but not this bus stop painting and LG project governor, he has ZERO vision and he's yet to come up with any visionary project.

..but let it be about party, owambe or celebration, he's the party prefect and MC.

What a waste of time.
My idea of governance might be "shallow or primitive", Mr "Deep and Advanced".
I have lived through the early seventies up till now and i insist that only the Jakande government and the ambode's has had any impact directly on me. That is my view.
Simple things as i said earlier like the street light in my neighborhood powered by generators installed by lASG alone had woken up my area in the evenings. Egbeda, akowonjo axis to be precise. People live like human beings. You can stroll or walk your dog on the street safely at night. The businesses around are booming. There is improved security just by that simple act of installing the evening lights.
See my truck broke down on Abeokuta expressway 11.30 pm. I went over there meet my driver safe. We were not attacked by area boys/ hoodlums because of how bright the place was. I placed a call to the Lagos state emergency number and they sent a tow truck to assist me take my vehicle to my base. I did not pay a dime and you know what? Their customer service called me weeks later to find out if i was attended to properly!

There is always effort to maintain the major road i ply everyday. In fact it was resurfaced yesterday.
You say the governor is building motor parks, bus stops etc. Is that not a good thing? Must we live like animals? Cant i park my car and use public transport if it is convenient? For the first time the Abeokuta expressway is being fixed with BRT lanes all the way to Oshodi, a brand new bridge had been constructed after Iya Ipaja to make a (hoped for) smooth journey all the way without traffic.

See, You might not have felt the impact of this government but I HAVE.

On a lighter note, the time is 10pm and i want to stroll out to get shawama. Something i could not do years back in Akowonjo.
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 10:17pm On Nov 12, 2017
[s]
bendike:

My idea of governance might be "shallow or primitive", Mr "Deep and Advanced".
I have lived through the early seventies up till now and i insist that only the Jakande government and the ambode's has had any impact directly on me. That is my view.
Simple things as i said earlier like the street light in my neighborhood powered by generators installed by lASG alone had woken up my area in the evenings. Egbeda, akowonjo axis to be precise. People live like human beings. You can stroll or walk your dog on the street safely at night. The businesses around are booming. There is improved security just by that simple act of installing the evening lights.
See my truck broke down on Abeokuta expressway 11.30 pm. I went over there meet my driver safe. We were not attacked by area boys/ hoodlums because of how bright the place was. I placed a call to the Lagos state emergency number and they sent a tow truck to assist me take my vehicle to my base. I did not pay a dime and you know what? Their customer service called me weeks later to find out if i was attended to properly!

There is always effort to maintain the major road i ply everyday. In fact it was resurfaced yesterday.
You say the governor is building motor parks, bus stops etc. Is that not a good thing? Must we live like animals? Cant i park my car and use public transport if it is convenient? For the fist time the Abeokuta expressway is being fixed with BRT lanes all the way to Oshodi, a brand new bridge had been constructed after Iya Ipaja to make a smooth journey all the way without traffic.

See, You might not have felt the impact of this government but I HAVE.

On a lighter note, the time is 10pm and i want to stroll out to get shawama. Something i could not do years back in Akowonjo.
[/s]

Power: Again, Lagos sets the pace in IPP

Island Power Project.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/power-again-lagos-sets-the-pace-in-ipp/

The initiative of this project was induced by the necessity to consolidate the Justice Sector Reform agenda of the Lagos State Government. It was originally designed as a scheme which we tagged, “Powering Justice” proposed to supply electricity only to the Lagos State Government Court facilities in the Lagos Island axis, that is: High Court (Igbosere and Annex at TBS) and JIC Taylor Court House at Igbosere. The project was subsequently expanded to accommodate government health facilities and street lights on 20 streets along that corridor. “This facility, built to highest global thermal operating plant standards will now provide 24 hours constant power supply to public facilities within the Lagos Island axis. The project, which includes an 18km dedicated underground distribution network, will supply power to the General Hospital (Lagos Island), the High Court, High Court Annex (TBS); JIC Taylor Court House, Igbosere; Maternity Hospital and the State House (Marina).

“The power plant will also provide electricity for the street lights on Broad Street, Tinubu Square, Bamgbose Street, Igbosere Road, Lawson Street, Moloney Street, Strachan Street, Okesuna Street, Hawley Street, Catholic Mission Street, Ganiyu Smith Street, Glover Street, Mobolaji Bank-Anthony Street, Brook Street, Joseph Street, Campos Street, Campbell Street, Ajele Street, Odunlami Street and Kakawa Street. In order to achieve this, the street lighting furniture on all of these 20 streets has been refurbished. The plant is powered by gas engines with diesel engines as backup.

You keep shouting streetlight, the electricity came from the power plants Fashola built and he lit many streetlights and state offices and institutions with the power and the useless ambode should be building more power plants to light up streets in ikorodu and other major cities in Lagos state.

The question you should be asking yourself if you really care about streetlights is if Fahola can build power plants for streetlights and other state institutions in Lagos state in his first 2 years in office, why is ambode still busy with bust stops and silly LG projects after 2 years in office with N820 billion/Twice Fashola's budget?

I won't even bother with the rest of your rubbish.
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 10:28pm On Nov 12, 2017
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by bendike: 10:44pm On Nov 12, 2017
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Power: Again, Lagos sets the pace in IPP

Island Power Project.

You keep shouting streetlight, the electricity came from the power plants Fashola built and he lit many streetlights and state offices and institutions with the power and the useless ambode should be building more power plants to light up streets in ikorodu and other major cities in Lagos state.

The question you should be asking yourself if you really care about streetlights is if Fahola can build power plants for streetlights and other state institutions in Lagos state in his first 2 years in office, why is ambode still busy with bust stops and silly LG projects after 2 years in office with N820 billion/Twice Fashola's budget?

I won't even bother with the rest of your rubbish.

What is your own with me? Are you sure you are not fashola writing? What is paining you with my opinion on ambode's government and its positive effect on me? Must i agree with your opinion?
I think you are quite stupid, rude, uncultured and uncomprehending. Do you know me? In fact it is nairaland i blame for having to interact with a village idiot like you. Fucking piece of shit. God punish you. Fucking bastard.
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by KENZINCO(m): 10:48pm On Nov 12, 2017
deomelo:
This useless governor and his micky mouse projects sha.

This is what Lagosians are getting for N830 billion budget?

This is definitely the lousiest governor in the history of Lagos state.
It's either I are not living in Lagos or u are a politician (a member of a party different from Ambode's)
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by prixm: 10:51pm On Nov 12, 2017
Kudos, Mr Governor. We appreciate your genius ideas. The lay-bys has been amazing. Berger, Ajah junction and Oshodi terminus (ongoing) etc. has all made Lagos a more interesting place. Success of Electronic Certificate of Occupancy under your watch. Even the blind can see you are doing your best to take Lagos to higher heights.
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 10:56pm On Nov 12, 2017
[s]
bendike:

What is your own with me? Are you sure you are not fashola writing? What is paining you with my opinion on ambode's government and its positive effect on me? Must i agree with your opinion?
I think you are quite stupid, rude, uncultured and uncomprehending. Do you know me? In fact it is nairaland i blame for having to interact with a village idiot like you. Fucking piece of shit. God punish you. Fucking bastard.
[/s]

Don't get mad and stop barking like bingo just because you got lectured.

You don't know anything about Lagos state so say in your lane.

Fucking piece of shit. God punish you. Fucking bastard.

Back to sender...
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by bendike: 11:02pm On Nov 12, 2017
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Don't get mad and stop barking like bingo just because you got lectured.

You don't know anything about Lagos state so say in your lane.

Back to sender...
Its your father the bingo you lectured, you piece of shit. Run back to the gutter from where you came.
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 11:04pm On Nov 12, 2017
prixm:
Kudos, Mr Governor. We appreciate your genius ideas. The lay-bys has been amazing. Berger, Ajah junction and Oshodi terminus (ongoing) etc. has all made Lagos a more interesting place. Success of Electronic Certificate of Occupancy under your watch. Even the blind can see you are doing your best to take Lagos to higher heights.

Governor Fashola Heralds Issuance of Electronic Certificate of Occupancy

The Lagos State Governor- Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola has flagged off the issuance of the e-C of O. The ceremony took place at the Land's Bureau in Lagos State.

https://www.nigeriapropertycentre.com/blog/news/governor-fashola-heralds-issuance-of-electronic-certificate-of-occupancy

Lagos Makes History, Begin Issuance of e Certificate of Occupancy

Gov. Babatunde Fashola, yesterday, issued electronic Certificates of Occupancy (e-C of O) to 55 property owners in the state to officially kick-start the issuance of the e-certificates.

The first sets of beneficiaries are property owners in the various government land schemes.

http://nigeriacommunicationsweek.com.ng/lagos-makes-history-begin-issuance-of-e-certificate-of-occupancy/

The same Electronic Certificate of Occupancy Fashola started in 2014 don turn to useless ambode project in 2017..

Too many ignorant people and comedians on NL.

Do you even know who you are arguing with?

1 Like

Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 11:04pm On Nov 12, 2017
[s]
bendike:

Its your father the bingo you lectured, you piece of shit. Run back to the gutter from where you came.
[/s]

Back to sender.

Log off the internet if you have nothing better to contribute.
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 11:37pm On Nov 12, 2017

Best Bridge in Nigeria.

Fashola started construction after less than 2 years in office while after 2 years in office, ambode is still busy painting sidewalk and messing around with LG bus tops with N820 billion in his pocket.

I just wonder what we are getting in 2018 with his N1 trillion budget.

What a sad shame.
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 12:27am On Nov 13, 2017
[img]http://4.bp..com/-tjyqK9YqR8o/VQq3h6G_d-I/AAAAAAAACfY/5Srq7mcoqoI/s1600/001.jpg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1558776_img_655785577595198_jpeg_jpeg0c16ec5591b2125c49dc57000c5d1ab1

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1558777_img_655773481181343_jpeg_jpeg852c2f2ff79d5b90eec809e3a88f266b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1558778_img_655790331936720_jpeg_jpeg01af286f2542d22a0c4e27b246653c34

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1558779_img_655796217149599_jpeg_jpeg515bffb1707c68782f1a4ee61ea98a5b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1558786_img_655827299585121_jpeg_jpeg355572e295e4aa60fb57df4b30a5371b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1558787_img_655823394686602_jpeg_jpeg3141f9873c188df1d7a728b3cf4db379

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1558788_img_655820347563148_jpeg_jpeg8200ef7cee95d5965015a14b9332d729

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1558789_img_655817589772821_jpeg_jpegf1f41facae6e0c1d32a3785ab7865e2b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1558795_img_655814738956404_jpeg_jpeg8e84af8ef8967ec75cd53ec53b97314b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1558796_img_655811957573830_jpeg_jpega5fda1869fb3bb0d9ec549dd8f153a29

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1558800_img_655780115852485_jpeg_jpegdaa79552f42b94535d149488945f2648

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1558802_img_655801703003407_jpeg_jpegd2cbe68bacc22e1caf731daf94cfbef6

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1558811_img_655804932943891_jpeg_jpeg2d3f30a3c45c0ed8d28dd72fc83ece00

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1558812_img_655776906818455_jpeg_jpege4853377a5cdc1e47c13adcc09031fc8

The one and only Renal and Cardiac Hospital in Nigeria. Built by Fashola.
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by deomelo: 12:29am On Nov 13, 2017

Useless ambode built little LG clinic and even named it after himself.

SMH.
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by emmygzy(m): 3:59am On Nov 13, 2017
deomelo:

He's the lousiest, the most incompetent and unproductive governor in the history of Lagos state and to make matters worse, he's sitting on the largest state budget in the history of Nigeria and all we have so far are local government style projects, most of them especially the roads are substandard.

2017 is almost over and we don't have anything to show for N820 billion and he's already asking for N1 trillion for 2018 budget.

In Fashola's 2nd year in office, he was commissioning multiple projects like every week till his last day in office.

In Fashola's first 2 years in office like Ambode, he built several hospitals, several housing estates, several maternity centers, skills acquisition centers, roads, water works, bridges, power plants, several schools, drivers institutes an so on with less than half of Ambode's budget.

...but this useless owembe party prefect is busy with local government projects like bus stops and roadside parking.

Is this useless man saying we don't need major infrastructures no more and all we need are bus stops, painting roadside curbs and silly LG projects?

I really can not stand that incompetent and vision less clown.

I think say na only me. He is the most useless governor in Lagos state. Roads are getting worse all over Lagos everyday nothing is been done. No reasonable project on ground. He I'll be Commisioning WiFi, statue, all the street lights in Lagos are dead. Very useless governor.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by emmygzy(m): 4:09am On Nov 13, 2017
kunle4toyeyaho:
Ambode doesn't really do big projects.He does projects that are small but have direct impact on citizens. He understands governance than Fashola. That's a fact. Did anybody ever think construction of bus stops will reduce traffic on Lagos rods? Ambode.procured machines to remove green/Spirogyra from Lagos waterways,
Construction of pedestrian bridges where necessary has also tedivrf accident on roads.So,governance is not about embarking on gigantic projects but projects that are mean iful to citizens
lol. Listen to yourself? Fashola that rehabilitated water works, built skill acquisition centers in all local government, built roads that motorist are now making money from, renovated all the general hospitals, provided new buildings including renovation of almost all the secondary and primary schools( at least as bushy as badagry is. All the primary and secondary schools here got new buildings and the old ones renovated by fashola, health centers nko, all done) ambode is a Useless governor. If fashola had the budget of 800 billion like him eh. Fashola and jakande are best governors that ever graved Lagos state!
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by kabaka1: 6:06am On Nov 13, 2017
GavelSlam:

But you love the pictures your cousin in Austria posts on Facebook.

wetin u mean, please?
Re: Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu by mapet: 7:14am On Nov 13, 2017
Blue3k:
Still waiting on light rail line. Who ever commissions that will stroll in lIke Obama after killing Osama. Thats one of majob things it needs to be metropolises. The buses cool I guess. E-ticketing is good.

Unfortunately, it seems to me that Ambode has settled for "small-small" projects in multiple numbers and ignored the bigs ones which are more strategic. I would have thought that by now, the phase 1 of the light rail project should have been on stream, people should have been able to take trains from Festac to CMS. I can understand that there is a major underground Oil pipeline from Festac to Badagry axis which has to be relocated, but Festac to CMS should have been a priority for Ambode. Secondly on housing, he just let down steam. I am not too sure if he's commissioned any housing project he started from the scratch. The only things I see is his modification of Lagos HOMS model of Fashola to a Rent-to-Own scheme. Many of Fashola's unfinished housing (Ilubirin, Millenium Gbagada, Ijora Badia etc) project still remain unfinished.

This BRT lauch and lay-by, fantastic though, but are not going to solve our traffic problems. These initiatives are normally consolidations to the Rail transport system. Until Lagos is connected by Rail, all these ones are just as good as scratching the surface

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari Celebrates Her 26th Birthday / President Buhari Lands In Bayelsa, Received By Seriake Dickson / Obaseki Family Endorses Ize-iyamu For Governorship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.