Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,336 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Riverdale: Is The Tv Series As Good As The Comics? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Riverdale: Is The Tv Series As Good As The Comics? (1146 Views)

Here Are The Highest Rated Tv Series As Per IMDB / What's The First TV Channel That Comes To Mind When You Grab The TV Remote? / Can There Ever Be A Tv Series As Good As Game Of Thrones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Riverdale: Is The Tv Series As Good As The Comics? by dastudent(m): 11:47am On Nov 12, 2017
Reading Archie and Jughead comics used to be my favorite past-time when I was much younger (after reading novels and playing board games) and I consumed quite a number of the volumes released back then.

Archie and the gang provided a plethora of useful ideas on growing through the teens (some of the information were environment/society specific and thus useless) and how to handle oneself in the public amongst other things.
So you could imagine the look of glee on my face when news got to me that a series involving Archie and the gang would be done as live action and not as a cartoon (I love cartoons but I was just too curious and excited to see how it would be executed as a project).
So I waited patiently and voila the series; Riverdale……
Yes, the title of the series is Riverdale….Not Archie and Veronica or Archie and Jughead but….Riverdale (Hollup…Hollup….I smell something fishy here but lemme just pim).
So I watched the series and blam!!!! it hit me….there were visible differences between both versions and truth be told, it looks like a much darker take on the lives of the wholesome redhead and his gang of friends, but when you look at the source material, there’s more than meets the eye.
The series star the same four characters (Archie, Veronica, Jughead, and Betty), but there are some major plot differences that make the comic and show versions feel like they’re hardly related.

Kindly read more on
http://www.ghengheun.com/tv-shows/riverdale-tv-series-good-comics/

(1) (Reply)

Female Characters In Nollywood / Excerpts Of My Screenplay / Some 2013 Hollywood Movie Ojoro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.