Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,375 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Delta: One State, Two Government Houses - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta: One State, Two Government Houses (25582 Views)

El-rufai:There Is No Missing N32bn From Sale Of Government Houses - Says Court / Why You Can Hardly Hear About Crime In One State In Nigeria / See Power Generated By One State In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by tishbite41(m): 2:05pm On Nov 12, 2017
Agimor:
In fact the should be relocated entirely to Warri being the economy nerve, lively and hospitable inhabitants. Asaba got the nod cause of pussy.
lol anioma pple take stick block una women pvssy?
Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by UfuomaUN(m): 2:05pm On Nov 12, 2017
rozay12345:
Corruption and mismanagement of funds by successive government is alarming, how big is Delta State that a very good road network can not be planned or a hi-speed rail network, this is the situation when all the oil money in the state ends up in a few cabal's pocket, and for those who are making arguments on delivery of letters, this is the digital age, these same letters can be delivered via the internet and with a proper government framework, response would be done via the same network. There would not be a duplicity/multiplicity of functions, the blatant truth remains that the leadership in that state is insincere.

Delta has a good road network between towns, better than other Niger Delta States. The problem here is most of state's population is located to the south- warri/Effurun axis which is also the economic nerve of the state. Asaba is at the extreme north of Delta State. Infact the last town before you cross into the south east which makes no common sense. I remember when I was processing a scholarship doc in school, I had to travel each to Asaba 2hours away to get my papers signed. Now imagine how difficult it is for business men when all the state govt ministries and parastatals are 2 hours away.

1 Like

Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by Amberon11: 2:07pm On Nov 12, 2017
didnt read your thrash!! suck it up dude.
Thermodynamics:

Shut up your mouth, olodo, you have a very limited and biased knowledge about your state. Which Urhobo? how many prominent people you fit count from Urhobo, I mean people that are know nation wide, speaking of red sand, I am from Delta North and my local government has oil, not in small quantity. Agip oil is located in my community, you just de talk wetin you nor know, go and do your research about Delta State, Almost every area has oil except for some few areas in Asaba, Warri is just lucky that most of the companies are located there, that doesn't mean they've got all the oil in the state, most of these company travel to my village to drill oil. De there de deceive yourself na. Illiterate. I don't usually insult people online but guy, you be mumu, even after the guy you quoted apologized to you, you still de insult am. Gerharha here men. Punk.

All these one when you de do, Urhobo na minor tribe for Nigeria, calm down bros, nobody know una, nor de feel proud over nothing.
Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by dabeto: 2:09pm On Nov 12, 2017
Very minor issue we will escalate it because of ethnicity.
Come to think of what will happen if Nigeria is divided into regional federating units.
Our fights will not get part 2............

1 Like

Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by Amberon11: 2:18pm On Nov 12, 2017
wack names, hahahahaha, i now see how deluded you are. i wont even waste my time in writing names for you. google is your friend. And how exactly are we stopping you guys from having your state? we want you to leave today if possible. what do you people contribute to delta state apart from committing all the crime?
aniomafirstson:

maryam babangida
Jim ovia
Dennis osadebay
achuzia
uti nwachukwu
lynxxx etc

im tired of all this insult...if they don't like asaba as capital they should give us anioma state

shikena

1 Like

Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by tishbite41(m): 2:20pm On Nov 12, 2017
aniomafirstson:

maryam babangida
Jim ovia
Dennis osadebay
achuzia
uti nwachukwu
lynxxx etc

im tired of all this insult...if they don't like asaba as capital they should give us anioma state

shikena
prof esogbue, ijomah etc in fact thunder fire ibb for merging us with this cretins.

2 Likes

Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by Samcent: 2:22pm On Nov 12, 2017
aniomafirstson:

I don't want to tow this line with you but who know urhobo people
aniomas are known worldwide
from late Stephen keshi okocha ngozi okonjo iweala Tony elumelu Ibe kachukwu tinie tempah etc and many more
you people only know how to crack jokes don't ever compare us with you guys
Please add Jim Ovia to the list...

2 Likes

Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by jieta: 2:24pm On Nov 12, 2017
Thermodynamics:

"Kpoko, your teeth correct" na slogan for Kpoko FM. Kpoko FM is in Delta State.
you be original Warri
Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by Thermodynamics(m): 2:30pm On Nov 12, 2017
Amberon11:
didnt read your thrash!! suck it up dude.

Huh, see this one, how did you know it's trash?

SEE WHO DE SPEAK ENGLISH, YOU NOR FIT EVEN SPELL "TRASH" NA LIKE THIS YOU TAKE DE REPRESENT URHOBO? AFTER IF WE SAY URHOBO PEOPLE NA AGBERO WHEN NOR KNOW ANYTHING E BE LIKE SAY NA INSULT. ONLY FIGHT AND TALK NA UNA SABI. NA MAKE I CALL YOU OLODO SO.

I like Itsekiri, Ijaw and Isoko, but Urhobo? tufuiaka, them too de wan claim.

1 Like

Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by DUMCHRIS(m): 2:35pm On Nov 12, 2017
aniomafirstson:

I don't want to tow this line with you but who know urhobo people

aniomas are known worldwide

from late Stephen keshi
okocha
ngozi okonjo iweala
Tony elumelu
Ibe kachukwu
tinie tempah etc and many more

you people only know how to crack jokes
don't ever compare us with you guys

Thank u. Even Nduka ogbaigbena, Nduka irabor, Jim Ovia, Emiefiele, Nicholas Okoh and the rest

4 Likes

Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by Samcent: 2:35pm On Nov 12, 2017
aniomafirstson:

maryam babangida
Jim ovia
Dennis osadebay
achuzia
uti nwachukwu
lynxxx etc

shikena
I don't understand why some people find it difficult to accord the Aniomas their due respect in the Delta project. I know colleagues who vowed that not in their lifetime will an Anioma man rule Delta State. Today, they are still alive and nursing the pain of their unguided hatred. I think what we should be concern about is good governance and how to move Delta State forward.

5 Likes

Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by highchief1: 2:36pm On Nov 12, 2017
Ekugbeh:
pls go ask ur elders cos u sound lyk a babe
u be mugu in telling some thg u must go and research on u are speaking Swahili.aby way do fools research?
Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by Ekugbeh(m): 2:43pm On Nov 12, 2017
highchief1:
u be mugu in telling some thg u must go and research on u are speaking Swahili.aby way do fools research?
pls sir, stay off my mentions
Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by cstr1000: 2:45pm On Nov 12, 2017
Amberon11:
you are really very foolish. The most prominent people from delta state are urhobos. we are fully represented in every field from education to sports to entertainment. you aniomas are the real parasites who have nothing but red mud.
The most prominent people are uhrobos? lol
I am not talking about ayiri or ibori type of influence.
PLEASE , list one uhrobo man that can be compared to Kachikwu.
Forget about Ngozi okonjo iweala, or UTOMI, or even Emefele. Those ones are greater than most Nigerians.

Even in sports, Okocha, olisheh, steven, Keshi and many of the brighest in Nigerian history are from Delta North.
Delta north is far advanced compared to the rest of Delta.

5 Likes

Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 12, 2017
walcut:
Asaba is just a facade, warri is the real capital...

Coconut head......

Who knows warri as capital.....

The capital of delta state is Asaba.......from where u people are governed........

Warri capital is just beein used to confuse u people

4 Likes

Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by discusant: 2:51pm On Nov 12, 2017
Sunnycliff:
This is what Babangidas wife caused.

Lack of understanding.

There should have been three govt houses in every state - one in each senatorial district.

Development is supposed to be even in all the three senatorial zones in every state. Important govt infrastructures in one zone must be done in other zones. That's why Nigeria is divided into senatorial zones for even development.

But in Nigeria, there are states whose state capital contains and covets every development in the state.

In Imo state for example, people of Owerri think it is strange for government to do any development project outside the state capital. Governor Okorocha believes same, and has done 96% his projects in Owerri capital. Okorocha even tries to close a teaching hospital not built in the state capital, and wants to transfer it to state capital, because he does not understand why a teaching hospital could be outside the state capital.
Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by cstr1000: 2:53pm On Nov 12, 2017
Jim ovia owns Zenith Bank. Tony Elumelu owns UBA.
Two First class Nigerian banks owned by Sons of Anioma.

Please where is the warri equivalent? Oceanic Bank that was owed by Ibru has faded away.

Forget say we no get oil o. Our human resource is our strength. We will always prosper.

4 Likes

Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 12, 2017
cstr1000:

And Delta state will finally become a full blown militant state filled with iliterate drunken almajiris.
Look at federal appointees in critical sectors from Delta state in the GEJ and buhari government, 99% of them are from anioma/Delta north. The rest of Delta can't match them.
Too much militancy and ogogoro in Delta south.

Prof miganigal

Just laughed.....

I know one.....militancy is in their blood .....

Babaginda knew y he brought the capital to asaba...
Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 12, 2017
Efewestern:

shut up.. don't insult an entire people because they do not belong to your ethnic group, how many urhobo/isoko/itsekiri/ijaw have you met?, how do you conclude that majority are illiterates?

TO you anything that's not igbo is not good. TRIBALIST.

My dear he is right......if not for anioma joined to una.....delta state will be a full blown militant sate.......

He is not a tribalist but is true ........

I once lived in warri.......una no follow.....even a 2 year old child don turn militant

4 Likes

Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by otokx(m): 2:58pm On Nov 12, 2017
No big deal in having 2 state capitals, Delta State also has more than one NTA TV station, we also have 2 functional airports, we have more than 3 seaports, we are the big heart.

1 Like

Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by cstr1000: 3:00pm On Nov 12, 2017
Samcent:
I don't understand why some people find it difficult to accord the Aniomas their due respect in the Delta project. I know colleagues who vowed that not in their lifetime will an Anioma man rule Delta State. Today, they are still alive and nursing the pain of their unguided hatred. I think what we should be concern about is good governance and how to move Delta State forward.
Don't mind them. They think it is by militancy or displaying Ibori type of Godfatherism.
We in Delta north don't do militancy. We are educated people. One of the most educated groups in Nigeria.
Cream will always rise to the top.

2 Likes

Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 12, 2017
profmiganigal:

Coconut head......

Who knows warri as capital.....

The capital of delta state is Asaba.......from where u people are governed........

Warri capital is just beein used to confuse u people
Can't you just express your thoughts without throwing tantrums?
Asaba is capital officially (on paper) but we all know that warri is the HEART of Delta
Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 12, 2017
Thermodynamics:

Shut up your mouth, olodo, you have a very limited and biased knowledge about your state. Which Urhobo? how many prominent people you fit count from Urhobo, I mean people that are know nation wide, speaking of red sand, I am from Delta North and my local government has oil, not in small quantity. Agip oil is located in my community, you just de talk wetin you nor know, go and do your research about Delta State, Almost every area has oil except for some few areas in Asaba, Warri is just lucky that most of the companies are located there, that doesn't mean they've got all the oil in the state, most of these company travel to my village to drill oil. De there de deceive yourself na. Illiterate. I don't usually insult people online but guy, you be mumu, even after the guy you quoted apologized to you, you still de insult am. Gerharha here men. Punk.

All these one when you de do, Urhobo na minor tribe for Nigeria, calm down bros, nobody know una, nor de feel proud over nothing.

Let me remind him of the main tribes in naija

Igbo hausa and yoruba

Others na later as i no sure say buahri know anyoda aside the three

3 Likes

Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 12, 2017
walcut:

Can't you just express your thoughts without throwing tantrums?
Asaba is capital officially (on paper) but we all know that warri is the HEART of Delta

Nothing like heart beat.......

The heart beat of delta is Asaba......

Warri na militants zone.....

1 Like

Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by ayagha: 3:09pm On Nov 12, 2017
Believe it or not the average anioma man doesn't see himself as a Deltan, that is why you here them saying "I am going to Delta" when they want to visit warri,sapele,ughelli etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by hoover420: 3:11pm On Nov 12, 2017
All these ones dragging over who owns delta state should keep deceiving themselves. I just don't know what is wrong with we Nigerians. I'm currently serving in delta state, Aniocha south to be precise. Even though Okonja & other notable people comes from that region, the place is still very very underdeveloped. Imagine ngozi okonjo's hometown should be without electricity & good road network for over 7 years!?
No light, no water, nothing nothing! Big shame!
Thank God for a man called SOUP, Ogwashi-uku would have still been in darkness till this moment

1 Like

Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 12, 2017
aniomafirstson:

maryam babangida
Jim ovia
Dennis osadebay
achuzia
uti nwachukwu
lynxxx etc

shikena

Nwanne m dont come with this ur confusion of Anioma state now.....is too late after all una dey claim south south.....cum niger delta.....

Our struggle for biafra here in SE is at high stage....no going back.....many of died and still dying as if SE is the only Igbo state.......

Lets get one first before another........

How many times have u people show concern for the massive killings of unarmed people in south east by Nigerian?

How many times i ask?
Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by emsheddy(m): 3:15pm On Nov 12, 2017
MONITZ:

I am for his non-return for a second term,what has he done to warrant another term?absolutely nothing.The guy is taking Deltans for a ride badly,if not for the agreement they had that all the ethnic groups in the state should have a shot and feel of that office, who would ve known Okowa? The only dividends of democracy he knows are to commission :Fuel stations,Shop-rite,patched roads and occasionally when he wants to up the ante, a second-hand transformer is presented to a street.Mtchew,And how did Wike save his ass?
I stand with you bro. That dude should be sent packing in 2019. He is a hugeeeeeeeeee mistake!
Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 12, 2017
Amberon11:
wack names, hahahahaha, i now see how deluded you are. i wont even waste my time in writing names for you. google is your friend. And how exactly are we stopping you guys from having your state? we want you to leave today if possible. what do you people contribute to delta state apart from committing all the crime?

Let me help u with una notable sons

Tompolo
Adaka boro
Avengers
Alibaba
Etc
Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by mrvitalis(m): 3:18pm On Nov 12, 2017
Amberon11:
you are really very foolish. The most prominent people from delta state are urhobos. we are fully represented in every field from education to sports to entertainment. you aniomas are the real parasites who have nothing but red mud.
Facts shows anioma has far more oil and gas

So do a little research before you talk

Mind you I'm not from delta

1 Like

Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 12, 2017
profmiganigal:

Nothing like heart beat.......

The heart beat of delta is Asaba......

Warri na militants zone.....
warri being a militant zone(I don't subscribe to this idea) doesn't stop her from being the most developed city in Delta both economically and otherwise. Apart from enjoying "capital status", Asaba should be in the same bracket with Agbor and ughelli(this is arguable)....
meanwhile, you are from Anambra and you are dabbling in Delta arguments.
Re: Delta: One State, Two Government Houses by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 12, 2017
mrvitalis:

Facts shows anioma has far more oil and gas

So do a little research before you talk

Mind you I'm not from delta
Now, this is damn funny... which part of Anioma?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Picks His PDP Nomination Form (Photos) / Why Sanwo-olu’s HOS Sacked VIS’ Boss Gbolahun Toriola / Father Mbaka: Maduka, The Kind Of Governor Needed To Rescue Anambra This Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.