Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) (4844 Views)

Pastor Michael Todd Coughs & Rubs Spit On Members Face To Prove A Point / Pastor Dr. JS Yusuf Anoints Pant/Bra With A Print Of His Face To Attract Men / 2020 : Prophet TB Joshua Goes To The Mountain To Seek God’s Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by correctguy101(m): 12:53pm On Nov 12, 2017
It was written in the Bible that no one can see God and remain alive. It was also written that Abraham was a very close friend of God, a good friend.
It's also written in the new testament that Abraham spoke with God face to face just as a friend speaks with another friend.

My people, how else does two friends speak with each other" Face To Face"?

I am not quoting these verses but anyone who claims to have any knowledge of the Bible knows it's all true and documented in the Bible.
But I'll be dropping another quote from the Bible book of Genesis.

This one from the KJV and it shows how Yahweh and two of his angels visited Abraham, ate at his place before the two angels went over to the Sodom and Gomorrah part of the plains of Mamre.
But Yahweh stayed with Abraham and had further discussion with him. Read on and change that thinking.
Abraham saw and spoke with Yahweh.

Genesis 18:1-33
And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:
Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree:
And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said.
And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth.
And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it.
And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.
And they said unto him, Where is Sarah thy wife? And he said, Behold, in the tent.
And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him.
Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women.
Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?
And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old?
Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.
Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he said, Nay; but thou didst laugh.
And the men rose up from thence, and looked toward Sodom: and Abraham went with them to bring them on the way.
And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do;
Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?
For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;
I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.
And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD.
And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?
Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.
And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:
Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it.
And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be forty found there. And he said, I will not do it for forty's sake.
And he said unto him, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall thirty be found there. And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there.
And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty's sake.
And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.
And the LORD went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.
Re: Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by bloodofthelamb(m): 1:03pm On Nov 12, 2017
NO ONE HAS SEEN GOD THE FATHER... WHO ABRAHAM SAW AND SPOKE WITH WAS GOD THE SON WHO LATER INCARNATED AS CHRIST JESUS OUR SAVIOUR AND LORD.

1 Like

Re: Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by ikbnice(m): 1:26pm On Nov 12, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
NO ONE HAS SEEN GOD THE FATHER... WHO ABRAHAM SAW AND SPOKE WITH WAS GOD THE SON WHO LATER INCARNATED AS CHRIST JESUS OUR SAVIOUR AND LORD.
and this made sense to you

1 Like

Re: Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by Hier(m): 1:34pm On Nov 12, 2017
No one has seen God in His full glory
Shalom
Re: Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by correctguy101(m): 1:44pm On Nov 12, 2017
Hier:

Shalom

Oh that time he came to see Abraham and Sarah at Mamre with two of his padi, he was in just a portion of his glory? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by correctguy101(m): 1:46pm On Nov 12, 2017
ikbnice:

Just checked the link on your siggy. How did you survive that wahala? 2k plus likes and 2h plus shares

My brother, you try.
Re: Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by Hier(m): 1:49pm On Nov 12, 2017
correctguy101:

Oh that time he came to see Abraham and Sarah at Mamre with two of his padi, he was in just a portion of his glory? undecided

God duced the glory

The glory of God is brighter than the sun

I remember Moses and the veil, in case you have forgotten

1 Like

Re: Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by correctguy101(m): 1:52pm On Nov 12, 2017
Hier:

God duced the glory
The glory of God is brighter than the sun
I remember Moses and the veil, in case you have forgotten
God reduced the glory

2 Likes

Re: Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by correctguy101(m): 1:54pm On Nov 12, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

Blood of Zechariah, don't tell me you didn't read the KJV copy and paste I pasted at the OP.

Re: Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by Hier(m): 1:56pm On Nov 12, 2017
correctguy101:

God reduced the glory

God came to fellowship with Abraham, are you expecting a big creature to appear to Abraham.

Like I said, God duced His glory
Re: Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by correctguy101(m): 2:03pm On Nov 12, 2017
Hier:

God came to fellowship with Abraham, are you expecting a big creature to appear to Abraham.

Like I said, God duced His glory

That's ok. Big glory or duced glory. You agree Abraham saw Yahweh just as that Bible verse suggest.

I wonder why it's now mentioned again that nobody can see God(Yahweh). I just wanted to straighten it out that no, Abraham did.

Re: Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by Hier(m): 2:06pm On Nov 12, 2017
correctguy101:

That's ok. Big glory or duced glory. You agree Abraham saw Yahweh just as that Bible verse suggest.

I wonder why it's now mentioned again that nobody can see God(Yahweh). I just wanted to straighten it out that no, Abraham did.

God in His full glory and Majesty, good bye
Re: Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by MuttleyLaff: 2:06pm On Nov 12, 2017
correctguy101:
It was written in the Bible that no one can see God and remain alive.
It was also written that Abraham was a very close friend of God, a good friend.
It's also written in the new testament that Abraham spoke with God face to face just as a friend speaks with another friend.

My people, how else does two friends speak with each other" Face To Face"?

I am not quoting these verses but anyone who claims to have any knowledge of the Bible knows it's all true and documented in the Bible.
But I'll be dropping another quote from the Bible book of Genesis.
This one from the KJV and it shows how Yahweh and two of his angels visited Abraham, ate at his place before the two angels went over to the Sodom and Gomorrah part of the plains of Mamre.
But Yahweh stayed with Abraham and had further discussion with him. Read on and change that thinking.
Abraham saw and spoke with Yahweh.

Genesis 18:1-33
And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:
Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree:
And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said.
And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth.
And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it.
And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.
And they said unto him, Where is Sarah thy wife? And he said, Behold, in the tent.
And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him.
Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women.
Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?
And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old?
Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.
Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he said, Nay; but thou didst laugh.
And the men rose up from thence, and looked toward Sodom: and Abraham went with them to bring them on the way.
And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do;
Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?
For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;
I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.
And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD.
And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?
Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.
And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:
Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it.
And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be forty found there. And he said, I will not do it for forty's sake.
And he said unto him, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall thirty be found there. And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there.
And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty's sake.
And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.
And the LORD went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.
Thus the LORD used to speak to Moses face to face, just as a man speaks to his friend.
When Moses returned to the camp, his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, would not depart from the tent.

- Exodus 33:11

You are mistaking Abraham for Moses
Also it is not written anywhere in the new testament, that Abraham spoke with God face to face
Re: Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by correctguy101(m): 2:18pm On Nov 12, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Thus the LORD used to speak to Moses face to face, just as a man speaks to his friend.
When Moses returned to the camp, his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, would not depart from the tent.

- Exodus 33:11

You are mistaking Abraham for Moses
Also it is not written anywhere in the new testament, that Abraham spoke with God face to face

Hau, my bad. I'll modify.
How about the main issue being suggested by the OP.

You strike me as a Christian who knows his Bible. The other Christians on these thread couldn't even point my error.
Re: Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by judedwriter(m): 2:34pm On Nov 12, 2017
Hier:

Shalom
Angels do and that's why they are so full of glory.

Mathew 18:10
Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.
Re: Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by bloodofthelamb(m): 3:29pm On Nov 12, 2017
ikbnice:

IT MAKES SENSE TO ME... SO MANY SO GOD IN THE OLD TESTAMENT AND FEARED FOR THEIR LIFE.

FAST FORWARD TO THE NEW TESTAMENT, JESUS MADE A STRIKING STATEMENT THAT NO ONE HAS SEEN THE FATHER... BUT I THOUGHT THAT MOSES SAW GOD, GIDEON ALSO SAW GOD.
Re: Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by Hier(m): 4:10pm On Nov 12, 2017
judedwriter:

Angels do and that's why they are so full of glory.

Mathew 18:10
Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

Hmmmm, stars differs in Glory. Do you believe that
Re: Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by joshnes(m): 4:11pm On Nov 12, 2017
op the answer to your question is in the passage you quoted "...he lifted up his eyes and saw three MEN..." God is not a man but He can take any form to do what He wants to do. God also became a man as stated "...and the Word was God....and The Word was made flesh and dwelt among men...." (John 1:1, 14). For those saying God reduced His Glory: not true, He simply took the form of a man to discuss with His friend who was a man.
Re: Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by correctguy101(m): 4:20pm On Nov 12, 2017
joshnes:
op the answer to your question is in the passage you quoted "...he lifted up his eyes and saw three MEN..." God is not a man but He can take any form to do what He wants to do. God also became a man as stated "...and the Word was God....and The Word was made flesh and dwelt among men...." (John 1:1, 14). For those saying God reduced His Glory: not true, He simply took the form of a man to discuss with His friend who was a man.

Of course....
And one of the men ended up being Yahweh while his traveling companions the angels that went to rescue Lot and his family.
of course..
Re: Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by joshnes(m): 5:01pm On Nov 12, 2017
correctguy101:

Of course....
And one of the men ended up being Yahweh while his traveling companions the angels that went to rescue Lot and his family.
of course..
the keyword there is "man". God is not a man.... (Numbers 23:19), God is a Spirit..... (John 4:24). But Abraham saw a man and the face of a man, so it is safe to say that Abraham saw the face of a man and not that of God. Secondly spirits (good or evil) can take the form of anything " And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." (2Corinthians 11:14).
Re: Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by correctguy101(m): 5:38pm On Nov 12, 2017
joshnes:
the keyword there is "man". God is not a man.... (Numbers 23:19), God is a Spirit..... (John 4:24). But Abraham saw a man and the face of a man, so it is safe to say that Abraham saw the face of a man and not that of God. Secondly spirits (good or evil) can take the form of anything " And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." (2Corinthians 11:14).

Aye, he saw there were three men approaching him, now as they were eating one of the men was talking and was from that very moment referred to as the Lord undecided even till the first two left and that was even when the other two were then referred to as angels in the next verse. ...

How do you guys manage with all these?
I'll pass this on my JW sisters when next I visit them let me even hear what a JW will say on this.

I'll make their reply known here. wink
Re: Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by joshnes(m): 6:01pm On Nov 12, 2017
correctguy101:

Aye, he saw there were three men approaching him, now as they were eating one of the men was talking and was from that very moment referred to as the Lord undecided even till the first two left and that was even when the other two were then referred to as angels in the next verse. ...

I'll pass this on my JW sisters when next I visit them let me even hear what a JW will say on this.

you are absolutely correct, what you need to understand is that, Abraham did not see God's face as your thread topic suggests, but the face of a man.
Re: Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by OtemSapien: 6:19pm On Nov 12, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

You are partially right. Abrahama aka Brahma actually spoke with Faulkin(Yeshua), assuming him to be God Almighty. It was the reason why Brahma left the Trinity of Shiva, Vishnu and himself, for he was shy and depressed when he discovered that Faulkin(Yeshua) was not God Almighty but the firstborn of the gods.

Read it here in the Doctufos of truth

Doctufos:
Doctufos: Deorum 5:1-6
DEORUM
CHAPTER FIVE

1. When Faulkin[Yeshua] heard that brahma had had the child of Asherah, he became sad and jealous. And he sought to kill the child.
2. Then did Brahma, whose name had been changed to Abrahama, listen to the voice of Faulkin[Yeshua] to sacrifice his son (Asherah’s name had also been changed to Sarah).
3. And he laid the child down to kill him. At this time did Faulkin[Yeshua] say, do not kill the child, because he is not supposed to be killed. Come close and have this sheep which I have brought with me.
4. And Abrahama went close to him and Faulkin[Yeshua] put out the sheep from the invisible ray. Then did Abrahama sacrifice it instead of Isaac his son. And Faulkin[Yeshua] said, why did you accept to sacrifice your son at all?
5. Did you not know that killing human for sacrifice does not belong to me, God? But it belongs to only Moloch and to Nymphidis[Yahweh]. But Faulkin[Yeshua] had determined to kill the child before, but the nature of his mother had made him change his intention.
6. Then Abrahama said, I did this because of the trust I have in you, O great God!
Re: Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by PaedophileProph: 10:17am On Aug 24, 2021
Jesus said Your Father Abraham was Happy to see me, again Jesus said Moses wrote about me

Colossians 1:15 - Jesus is the visible image of the INVINCIBLE GOD,
Re: Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by haekymbahd(m): 11:38am On Aug 24, 2021
correctguy101:

Abraham didn't see God but messengers of God best bet they were angels even if it was Jesus it just proved what Allah had said Jesus was not God Almighty but a messenger of God. No man has seen Allah.

Allah SWT said:

"Has there reached you the story of the honored guests of Abraham? -"
(QS. Adh-Dhaariyat 51: Verse 24)

"When they entered upon him and said, [We greet you with] peace. He answered, [And upon you] peace, [you are] a people unknown."
(QS. Adh-Dhaariyat 51: Verse 25)

"Then he went to his family and came with a fat [roasted] calf"
(QS. Adh-Dhaariyat 51: Verse 26)

"And he felt from them apprehension. They said, Fear not, and gave him good tidings of a learned boy."
(QS. Adh-Dhaariyat 51: Verse 28)

"They said, Thus has said your Lord; indeed, He is the Wise, the Knowing."
(QS. Adh-Dhaariyat 51: Verse 30)

"[Abraham] said, Then what is your business [here], O messengers?"
(QS. Adh-Dhaariyat 51: Verse 31)

"They said, Indeed, we have been sent to a people of criminals"
(QS. Adh-Dhaariyat 51: Verse 32)
Re: Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by Janosky: 11:44am On Aug 24, 2021
bloodofthelamb:
Hebrews 13:2
Is it now crystal clear to you that Jesus Christ is the angel/messenger @ Genesis chapters 16 to 18?
Re: Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by Janosky: 11:49am On Aug 24, 2021
correctguy101:

Hebrews 13:2.
The 3 men were angels, Messengers (Hebrew Malak) representatives of JEHOVAH God.

Isaiah 6:8 (Aramaic Bible).
JEHOVAH is NOT, can NEVER be Messenger.
Rather, JEHOVAH sent His Messengers, John 3:16, Matthew 11:10.

1 Like

Re: Abraham Spoke With His God Face To Face (proof) by bloodofthelamb(m): 3:38pm On Sep 28, 2021
Janosky:

Hebrews 13:2
Is it now crystal clear to you that Jesus Christ is the angel/messenger @ Genesis chapters 16 to 18?
Gen16:10_ Then the angel of the Lord said to her, I WILL multiply thy seed that it shall not be numbered for multitude.
Janosky, it seems that this angel of the Lord has the power and authority of God.

(1) (Reply)

All Atheists Are Satanists / The Deep Secrets Behind Miscarriages / We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.