Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku (1664 Views)

Why OBJ, Jonathan, Other Former Leaders Boycotted May 29, June 12 – Shehu Sani / There Is Nothing New In This Fabricated Bribery Claim, Jonathan Tells FG / Show More Respect To Buhari, Goodluck Jonathan Tells Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku by gbengress1: 1:39pm On Nov 12, 2017
Former president, Goodluck Jonathan has said Atiku Abubakar cannot get the presidential ticket of the All Progressives Congress and hinted that he should go for that of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). There has been speculation that the former vice president would contest in the 2019 presidential election although this has not been made official yet.

In an interview published on This Day, Jonathan said Atiku would perform well on the ticket of the PDP. He also advised him to reach out to former president Chief Olusegun Obasanjo saying he has also learnt his lessons. He said: “He can’t get the APC ticket. If Atiku gets our party ticket, he would compete well. He’s always a passionate politician. But he would have to reach out to our boss, Baba OBJ, the boss of all bosses. We’ve all learnt at different times that you ignore OBJ at your own peril. OBJ has the magic wand, respected at home and abroad…” He also spoke about the issue of running mate saying the PDP would do better picking a candidate from the south east or south south.

He said: “Strategically, since Professor Osinbajo is already running with Buhari, the South South and South East, remain the most fertile grounds. And there are many brilliant people there waiting for the chance. The Governors control some of the richest states in Nigeria except Lagos…” NAIJ.com had earlier reported that Jonathan laid to rest speculation that he might contest in the 2019 presidential election insisting he has no intention of doing so. Jonathan expressed happiness that he left power in 2015 without bloodshed or violence. He said: “I have had the rare opportunity of leading our country at very critical moments and did my best. I’ve left the rest to posterity to judge.”
Read more: https://www.naija.ng/1134923-jonathan-valuable-advice-atiku.html?source=notification#1134923
Re: Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 12, 2017
Don't make OBJ feel too important. One can win without him

1 Like

Re: Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku by HallaDaTruth: 1:41pm On Nov 12, 2017
Does Jonathan want run again with atiku as his vice. We dey watch o
Re: Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku by agwom(m): 1:43pm On Nov 12, 2017
cheesy
Re: Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku by shukuokukobambi: 1:44pm On Nov 12, 2017
But he would have to reach out to our boss, Baba OBJ, the boss of all bosses. We’ve all learnt at different times that you ignore OBJ at your own peril. OBJ has the magic wand, respected at home and abroad…”

The above just dey make me laugh cheesy

As in really? GEJ said that? OBJ must be an ebora indeed cheesy

I hear say Dokpesi self don go pay homage. At this rate, dem go soon turn Abeokuta to mecca

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku by Homeboiy: 1:57pm On Nov 12, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku by haywire07(m): 1:58pm On Nov 12, 2017
Even tho it's the truth, I still smell sacarscm
Re: Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku by gbengress1: 2:05pm On Nov 12, 2017
Great Obj
Re: Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku by seunmsg(m): 2:07pm On Nov 12, 2017
FortifiedCity:

His record since Nigeria's return to democracy actually proves GEJ right. Obasanjos record is 100%. Once he backs you for president, be rest assured that you are the next president of Nigeria.

Jonathan did not come to this realisation easily, he learnt it the bitter way. You see how everybody aspiring to be PDP chairman are begging for his endorsement even though he's no longer a member of PDP? They all know better.

1 Like

Re: Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku by divinehand2003(m): 2:08pm On Nov 12, 2017
Jonathan just gave a candid advice. It's left for the elite who want to win in 2019 to heed to or reject.
Re: Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 12, 2017
seunmsg:

His record since Nigeria's return to democracy actually proves GEJ right. Obasanjos record is 100%. Once he backs you for president, be rest assured that you are the next president of Nigeria.

Jonathan did not come to this realisation easily, he learnt it the bitter way. You see how everybody aspiring to be PDP chairman are begging for his endorsement even though he's no longer a member of PDP? They all know better.
Still doesn't change the fact that one can win with or without the support of OBJ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku by ULSHERLAN(m): 2:17pm On Nov 12, 2017
Ebora Owu himself. Obj is very important in todays politics especially in Nigeria. With so much experience, he has attained a position whereby he can never be rubbished. Only death can take away his importance in today's politics
Re: Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku by Bolustical: 2:26pm On Nov 12, 2017
FortifiedCity:
Yes now, like GEJ won without him in 2015!

OBJ is greater than Zik, Ojukwu, Ekwueme combined.
Re: Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku by Bolustical: 2:26pm On Nov 12, 2017
FortifiedCity:
Not here for pointless argument. One can win without him...simple
Oga, prove it with the available statistics.

Is it Shagari, Yaradua or Goodluck that won without him?

Inferiority complex dey worry you sir!
Re: Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku by anibi9674: 2:31pm On Nov 12, 2017
is obj now the owner of Nigeria?
Re: Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 12, 2017
Bolustical:

Yes now, like GEJ won without him in 2015!

OBJ is greater than Zik, Ojukwu, Ekwueme combined.

3 Likes

Re: Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku by iammo(m): 2:35pm On Nov 12, 2017
God save us from OBJ

They had to make him the first black chairman of Council of Former Heads of State and Government
UN had to Appoint him As High-Level Advisor On Mediation
It was only during his tenure queen Elizabeth II visited Nigeria as an independent country.
What exactly ain't they telling us about this man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku by rozay12345: 2:41pm On Nov 12, 2017
I would ask him to heed the advice from GEJ, IF Obj decides to go neutral at best, Atiku might have his best chance this time, and to inform GEJ, the South west is a fertile ground for any responsible candidate, it is not about the number of boy-boy appointments you give them in Ogun state, life has been harder since Buhari stepped into Aso rock.
Re: Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku by gbengress1: 2:50pm On Nov 12, 2017
All these keyboard warriors that does not understand Nigeria politics. Many people misled Jonathan to go against OBJ and it boomeranged
FortifiedCity:
Re: Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku by clevvermind(m): 2:57pm On Nov 12, 2017
gbengress1:
All these keyboard warriors that does not understand Nigeria politics. Many people misled Jonathan to go against OBJ and it boomeranged
OBJ KNOWS ALL THE CORNER IN POLITICS.
Re: Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku by enemyofprogress: 3:01pm On Nov 12, 2017
Obj the godfather of all godfathers . Haters gonna hate tongue
Re: Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku by enemyofprogress: 3:03pm On Nov 12, 2017
FortifiedCity:
what do you know apart from booze, weed and women?
Re: Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2017
enemyofprogress:
what do you know apart from booze, weed and women?
All about progress actually.

I live in a world where my success is not tied to any single individual. I acknowledge everyone but none can't stop me from reaching the peak of my potentials.

Now hear this, if I contest for Presidency today, I will acknowledge ObJ as an elderly man and ex President that he is.

But he can't stop me from winning the Presidential seat. Even the eyes with which you read this knows that I am saying the fact.

There are established ways to deal with, and overcome mortal men!
Re: Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku by Bede2u(m): 3:27pm On Nov 12, 2017
FortifiedCity:
leave them. Buruji kashamu chased the man out of his PDP ward and today he is a senator... they are here talking nonsense. Tinubu won lagos over and over against him.

Obj just played the right card in 2015 nothing more nothing less

2 Likes

Re: Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku by mightyhazel: 3:28pm On Nov 12, 2017
i doubt if Jonathan could say this...

this is the genesis of Africa s problems... building strongmen at the expense of strong institutions... building wealthy private individuals and families instead of a wealthy state..

In Nigeria, we have some of the wealthiest ppl in the world and yet second only to india with population of poor ppl.. even tho india has a population of nearly one billion ppl..
Re: Learn From My Mistake, Reach Out To OBJ- Jonathan Tells Atiku by enemyofprogress: 4:03pm On Nov 12, 2017
FortifiedCity:
All about progress actually.

I live in a world where my success is not tied to any single individual. I acknowledge everyone but none can't stop me from reaching the peak of my potentials.

Now hear this, if I contest from Presidency today, I will acknowledge ObJ as an elderly man and ex President that he is.

But he can't stop me from winning the Presidential seat. Even the eyes with which you read this knows that I am saying the fact.

There are established ways to deal with, and overcome mortal men!
aiit. Good talk. Chop knuckle

(1) (Reply)

How Do We Make Nigeria Become A Great Nation - Let's Brainstorm / Buhari’s Minister Accuses APC Government Of Corruption, Deceit / Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.