Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah (1715 Views)

FFK And Stella Oduah Are Looking For This Boy With A Sonorous Voice / Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) / Jonathan: Stella Oduah Hates Me Up Till Today For Sacking Her As Aviation Minist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by engreo(m): 3:06pm On Nov 12, 2017
Sen. Stella Oduah (Anambra North) has urged the people of Anambra to come out en masse to vote in next Saturday’s governorship election to avoid creating a vacuum of governance in the state.

Speaking with journalists in Abuja on Sunday, Oduah said that if the people failed to vote, they would be giving room for a possible declaration of a state of emergency.

She explained that the Constitution did not allow for a vacuum in any state and as such if the current term lapses and a governor had not been elected, then an administrator would be appointed.

“Therefore if we fail to cast our votes, if we fail to come out to vote and have a new governor, what will happen is that the Federal Government will provide an administrator and declare a state of emergency.

“That is not what we want. It means that democracy will elude us, who is governing us would not be who we voted for or who we desired.

“This is not about which party I belong to. It is about saving our state, it is about making sure that our youths, our women, our children have a peaceful and enabling environment where good governance and policies will strive.

“Therefore we must make sure that we come out on the 18th and vote,” she said.

The PDP lawmaker also charged political leaders in the state to call on their followers to come out and vote at the November 18 exercise.

The proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra ( IPOB ) had threatened Anambra voters with death if they vote at the election.

They also vowed to disrupt the poll.

But in a swift reaction, the Anambra State Police Command asked residents of the state to go out en masse to exercise their franchise on the day of the election.

Giving more reasons why Anambra people must vote, Oduah said that the state had enjoyed peace, stability and investments had started accruing.

“What Anambra needs now more than anything is peace, we need peace for progress, we need peace for security, we need peace for the development that is coming and that has come.

“We do not need violence, we have had enough killings, thank God we have security in Anambra more than most states, we must ensure that is sustained.

“Most importantly our basic human right that is enshrined in the constitution that gives us the right to choose who governs us must not be denied us.

“We will be denying ourselves that if we fail to come out and vote and protect our votes.

“I am pleading that all leaders come out and tell their followers to ensure that they come out and vote come 18th of November.

“We must not stay at home on the 18th, we must exercise our civic rights,” she said.
http://thenationonlineng.net/we-must-vote-to-avoid-state-of-emergency-in-anambra-oduah/

Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 12, 2017
GOOD ADVICE.
Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by bedspread: 3:08pm On Nov 12, 2017
This Anambra Elections might Just be like that Moment School kids Heard Nigerian Army where coming to Give Injections

1 Like

Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by PenlsCaP: 3:34pm On Nov 12, 2017
Thats dumb ma..
There is already state of emergency in southeast.
Where millitary were sent to kill innocent youths

So voting or not ont make any difference.

5 Likes

Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by MistadeRegal(m): 3:46pm On Nov 12, 2017
Mmmm.... Ok....

1 Like

Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:00pm On Nov 12, 2017
Giving more reasons why Anambra people must vote, Oduah said that the state had enjoyed peace, stability and investments had started accruing. “What Anambra needs now more than anything is peace, we need peace for progress, we need peace for security, we need peace for the development that is coming and that has come. “We do not need violence, we have had enough killings, thank God we have security in Anambra more than most states, we must ensure that is sustained-Stella Oduah
( Adadioramma) PDP law maker

If it's not broken why mend- Prof C C Soludo

APGA Bu nke anyi
Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:02pm On Nov 12, 2017
Lalasticlala happy Sunday!
Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by Hofbrauhaus(m): 4:04pm On Nov 12, 2017
We must not vote to avoid state of emergency..

We no dey vote.. Period!

5 Likes

Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 12, 2017
Is she this stupid?

2 Likes

Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by engreo(m): 4:09pm On Nov 12, 2017
EricIyke:
Is she this stupid?
u said?

2 Likes

Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by ibedun: 4:19pm On Nov 12, 2017
To slap an igbo man dey hungry me!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:29pm On Nov 12, 2017
EricIyke:
Is she this stupid?
Main reasons I hate you guys, no respect for elders, you guys throw insults to who ever disagrees with your stupid ideologies, this is a woman loved by all in Igbo land, you are throwing insult to because she advised Anambrians to vote, I know if it was Ikemba that advise Anambrians to come and exercise their franchise you will ask him if he is stupid? when Ojukwu was alive he never advise any state in southeast to boycott governorship election, majority of you guys think straight no conscience.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 12, 2017
engreo:
u said?
LOL. Stella sounds stupid. But but but Where did you get that pic?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by Pascalberry(m): 4:34pm On Nov 12, 2017
Make una carry una Politics fly go one corner!!!
Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2017
post=62312505:

Main reasons I hate you guys, no respect for elders, you guys throw insults to who ever disagrees with your stupid ideologies, this is a woman loved by all in Igbo land, you are throwing insult to because she advised Anambrians to vote, I know if it was Ikemba that advise Anambrians to come and exercise their franchise you will ask him if he is stupid? when Ojukwu was alive he never advise any state in southeast to boycott governorship election, majority of you guys think straight no conscience.

We are in democracy and if people don't come out to vote which is called "Civil Disobedience" there will be nothing like "state of emergency",
Anambra state house of assembly is still in session so the speaker will be sworn in as the acting
governor according to the law.
Then the next six months another election will be held.
Why should I respect someone who doesn't even know the constitution of her dear country?

5 Likes

Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:53pm On Nov 12, 2017
EricIyke:

We are in democracy and if people don't come out to vote which is called "Civil Disobedience" there will be nothing like "state of emergency",
Anambra state house of assembly is still in session so the speaker will be sworn in as the acting
governor according to the law.
Then the next six months another election will be held.
Why should I respect someone who doesn't even know the constitution of her dear country?
Again read what you wrote, I thought after boycotting the election UN we declare us Biafra? That's why I said you guys think straight, you are very ignorant of Nigeria constitutions, 2019 use your state as an example not Anambra we will vote and nothing will happen, I believe in Biafra not you guys style abeg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 12, 2017
post=62313088:

Again read what you wrote, I thought after boycotting the election UN we declare us Biafra? That's why I said you guys think straight, you are very ignorant of Nigeria constitutions, 2019 use your state as an example not Anambra we will vote and nothing will happen, I believe in Biafra not you guys style abeg.

Am not an IPOB member but that doesn't mean I shouldn't support them.
I won't sabotage nor betray the struggle, its all stage by stage.
Lets try this one first and see.
I don't wanna be among those that castigated Nnamdi Kanu but never came up with any other strategy or idea.
Have you not been voting for years?
We've been voting but nothing has changed.
We've tried voting, it didn't work, lets try boycotting.

4 Likes

Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by Joephat(m): 5:06pm On Nov 12, 2017
grin

They don shit for body
Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by eagleeye2: 5:08pm On Nov 12, 2017
Stella, you and your family and friends and associates can go and que up and vote next Saturday. The same with your political rivals and their families and friends and associates.
It's high time you guys labour for the booty of office.
Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:13pm On Nov 12, 2017
EricIyke:

I don't wanna be among those that castigated Nnamdi Kanu but never came up with any other strategy or idea.
Go and try with your state not Anambra, I guess 18th isn't far Anambrians will disappoint you guys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by eagleeye2: 5:13pm On Nov 12, 2017
EricIyke:

The man you are arguing with benefits from the current government. So it's in his interest to see that his principal wins.
But like I said earlier, this election should concern the political class, the political jobbers, their families and friends. They should go out there and exercise their franchise. Afterall they benefit hugely from skewed system.

2 Likes

Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by RoyalUc(m): 5:20pm On Nov 12, 2017
post=62313088:

Truth is, IPOB do not have the slightest interest in the welfare of the Igbo man. All they care about is to spite Buhari and Nigeria.

They rather prefer a state of emergency is declared (and there is a state of anarchy) in Anambra to having a peaceful election so they could brag they have power.

They have not yet tested legitimate power but are already drunk with it, acting as authoritarian who order others around without questions.

How can a man claim he is fighting for peace and justice for his people when his actions show the direct opposite?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by clevvermind(m): 5:21pm On Nov 12, 2017
ibedun:
To slap an igbo man dey hungry me!
AND I AM HUNGRY TO SLAP YOU.

2 Likes

Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 12, 2017
post=62313644:

Go and try with your state not Anambra, I guess 18th isn't far Anambrians will disappoint you guys

Well, since you ain't from Anambra, keep calm and watch.

1 Like

Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 12, 2017
eagleeye2:

The man you are arguing with benefits from the current government. So it's in his interest to see that his principal wins.
But like I said earlier, this election should concern the political class, the political jobbers, their families and friends. They should go out there and exercise their franchise. Afterall they benefit hugely from skewed system.

You said it all My bro.
Every commoner has nothing to lose.
I don't wanna play with My future again.

1 Like

Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by shukuokukobambi: 5:41pm On Nov 12, 2017
post=62312505:

So na now you sabi your people? cheesy cheesy

abeg no abuse me o cheesy

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by Oloripelebe: 5:47pm On Nov 12, 2017
grin No refelendum no erection in biafla grin grin

They should just impose one aboki on that their flat heads as administrator jare angry grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by uwa1(m): 5:49pm On Nov 12, 2017
Ok
Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by kalufelix(m): 5:50pm On Nov 12, 2017
Mumu Advice
Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by eagleeye2: 5:58pm On Nov 12, 2017
Oloripelebe:
grin No refelendum no erection in biafla grin grin

They should just impose one aboki on that their flat heads as administrator jare angry grin grin grin
Believe, I will be happy if an Aboki gets there. Maybe, then the Igbo leaders will stop playing the ostrich.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by legitnow: 6:04pm On Nov 12, 2017
The most mumu statement ever credited to Stella Oduah, if true.

State of Emergency becos we decided to sit in our house and enjoy ofe nsala, let Buhari do dat one. grin

Chief Umeh, Willie Obiano, Ifeanyi Ubah, Obi of Onitsha and all the people enjoying Anambra money alongside polithievians should go and vote for themselves, for a change, we the masses are not voting.

2 Likes

Re: We Must Vote To Avoid State Of Emergency In Anambra- Stella Oduah by Omofunaab2: 6:05pm On Nov 12, 2017
post=62312505:

Lmao... Glad you know this

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku To Speak On Restructuring At HoG Awards / PDP gets pained, pitched Buhari with a Native goat and still lost (PIC) / Throwback Photos Of Ojukwu And Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.