Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

I Am Resuming In My Office, So Take Note – Peace Corps Boss Tells Police IG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Resuming In My Office, So Take Note – Peace Corps Boss Tells Police IG (1145 Views)

Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator / Rats Ate My Office, Says Absent Leader - South African Newspaper On Aso Rock Rat / Police Arraign Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps Boss After 11 Days In Detention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Resuming In My Office, So Take Note – Peace Corps Boss Tells Police IG by Jamaare1: 3:34pm On Nov 12, 2017
The national commandant of Peace Corps of Nigeria (PCN), Dickson Akoh, has declared that he would resume in his office in Abuja on Monday, November 13 despite police barricade.

Ako made this declaration following the alleged refusal of the police to leave the office headquarters despite a court ruling against the action.

The Nation reports that Ako spoke with journalists on Saturday, November 11, concerning the judgement saying: “This order was given last Thursday (November 9) and it was supposed to take effect immediately.

“As far as law is concerned a court order is a public pronouncement and public document. As I am talking to you now police are still stealing the headquarters of the Peace Corps of Nigeria (PCN). “Their truck is still there. They should obey this court order to vacate the PCN headquarters.

“I think what the police is looking for is for us to revolt so that they can use it to justify their actions and look for another charges to hold us. “In a country that practice ideal democracy, the Inspector-General of Police (IGP) is not following what the rule of law says. “Our lawyers have told us to be patient. We have waited for this development since February 28, so waiting till Monday will not harm us.”

Federal High Court in Abuja awarded N12.5 million as damages against the Nigeria Police Force and its inspector-general for violation of the rights of Akoh and some members of the Peace Corps. The judgement was given by Justice Gabriel Kolawole in the case of a fundamental right suit filed by Akoh and others following an invasion by the police on February 28, 2017. The police arrested Akoh and 49 other members of the group and got them detained.

SOURCE http://www.naijanews247.com/2017/11/12/resuming-office-take-note-peace-corps-boss-tells-police-ig/

Re: I Am Resuming In My Office, So Take Note – Peace Corps Boss Tells Police IG by NwaAmaikpe: 3:43pm On Nov 12, 2017
shocked

There are too many paramilitary outfits in this country.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Resuming In My Office, So Take Note – Peace Corps Boss Tells Police IG by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 12, 2017
Everybody sha wan talk.
Re: I Am Resuming In My Office, So Take Note – Peace Corps Boss Tells Police IG by Gwazah(m): 3:50pm On Nov 12, 2017
If I were u, I wont near the office for now but rather seek for redress from the court as police refused to vacate the area, going there now look more like confrontation, who knows what might be the result. my opinion shall.
Re: I Am Resuming In My Office, So Take Note – Peace Corps Boss Tells Police IG by omophunky(m): 4:15pm On Nov 12, 2017
Ok
Re: I Am Resuming In My Office, So Take Note – Peace Corps Boss Tells Police IG by ademasta(m): 5:30pm On Nov 12, 2017
cheesy
Re: I Am Resuming In My Office, So Take Note – Peace Corps Boss Tells Police IG by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Gradually they will request for SUBMACHINE RIFLES from the Government, then stray bullets will ensue
Re: I Am Resuming In My Office, So Take Note – Peace Corps Boss Tells Police IG by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Gradually they will request for SUBMACHINE RIFLES from the Government, then stray bullets will ensue,.
Later followed by BARRACKS........

1 Like

Re: I Am Resuming In My Office, So Take Note – Peace Corps Boss Tells Police IG by millhouse: 10:23am On Nov 13, 2017
Baba carry one and please do a good job ...the IG of police no get your time nor the time to handle security issues..he is busy bedding as many police women as he wants after all he said he is free to do so...
Re: I Am Resuming In My Office, So Take Note – Peace Corps Boss Tells Police IG by jacyhelen(f): 11:16am On Nov 13, 2017
Mumu,Chinedu Nnaji is the rightful CG of peace corps..Akoh can never attain such position cos he is too Troublesome

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I've Been Advised To Kill PDP And Move To Another Party - Wike / Breaking: President Buhari Seeks Soft Landing For Oyegun / Benue APC Publicity Sec. Resigns, Says Buhari Unwilling To End Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.