Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,598 members, 7,851,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:31 PM

Is Jesus, God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus, God? (516 Views)

They Made Jesus God For Christians! / Is Jesus God or Equal to God? / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jesus, God? by Umartins1(m): 4:15pm On Nov 12, 2017
Please, I need the sincere contributions of NLers on this topic that has generated a heated debate on my facebook wall with hundreds of comments.

I will be happy if seun and lalasticlala can help get more opinions of Nlers.

My opinion is that, Jesus was a powerful man. He is "the way, the truth and the light " as quoted since he leads people to God. But never is he God.

I am in dire need of contributions from this forum.
Re: Is Jesus, God? by Ekugbeh(m): 4:19pm On Nov 12, 2017
If u ve seen me u ve seen The father.

Therefore, He's God personnified
Re: Is Jesus, God? by EmperorHarry: 4:22pm On Nov 12, 2017
The first Christian deist I've seen on NL cool
Re: Is Jesus, God? by Umartins1(m): 4:22pm On Nov 12, 2017
Ekugbeh:
If u ve seen me u ve seen The father.

Therefore, He's God personnified

From what you just said, that means there are two Gods
Re: Is Jesus, God? by Ekugbeh(m): 4:27pm On Nov 12, 2017
Umartins1:

From what you just said, that means there are two Gods
no. Jesus is d son of God.

Note. Wen we re talkin abt GOD. The bible tels us dat we r gods, Jesus is our eldest sibling n God is our father.
Re: Is Jesus, God? by Mailthaddeus(m): 4:29pm On Nov 12, 2017
Over the years, God had manifested in 3 forms, He manifested Himself as God the Almighty father, And then manifested in d person of Jesus Christ. And thru his spirit. Therefore, Jesus is God, God is God and there is only one God.
Re: Is Jesus, God? by Umartins1(m): 4:39pm On Nov 12, 2017
Mailthaddeus:
Over the years, God had manifested in 3 forms, He manifested Himself as God the Almighty father, And then manifested in d person of Jesus Christ. And thru his spirit. Therefore, Jesus is God, God is God and there is only one God.

Sincerely, this is more confusing than anything in life
Re: Is Jesus, God? by kenn5sure: 4:53pm On Nov 12, 2017
if Jesus is God it means that human being that he created succeeded in killing Him. to we Muslims Jesus is God's messenger
Re: Is Jesus, God? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 12, 2017
taking a critical look at the events that happened during the time of Jesus Christ on earth, we could say rationally that He Is Lord And The Son Of God and not God.

God Is God, Jesus Is Lord, Holy Spirit, Guidiance.

I think apostle paul says "we have one God and one Lord"
Re: Is Jesus, God? by olagbemi118(m): 5:25pm On Nov 12, 2017
yes...He is God the son
Re: Is Jesus, God? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 12, 2017
God is one and he has manifested his form in different dimensions which I call the "offices of God" , the office of the father, the son and the Holy spirit.

God has manifested him self as the "father" in the era of the law, in the new covenant as the Word that was made flesh, Jesus the son.. And now is the move of God in the office of the Holy Spirit which you can't have except you accept Jesus into your life because he is the way to eternity (john14:6)..

I can't explain better... God is one that manifests himself in dimensions..
Re: Is Jesus, God? by sonmvayina(m): 8:54pm On Nov 12, 2017
Capital NO...God is not a man or a human being, and the creator of the universe warned man not to create any image of anything in heaven or on earth or under the waters below the earth , not to bow down or worship it( 2nd commandment)

So creating a god in the image of a man which is something found on earth is a no no and prohibited.

Jesus is just a Roman creation to make mockery of the Jewish God, who where his chosen people and creator of heaven and earth, and also responsible for everything both good and evil, not something's like the new testament one that is only responsible for good because he can not control the devil that the Romans also created..the devil of the old testament under the control of God and does only what God tells him to do as told in the story of Job....
Re: Is Jesus, God? by sonmvayina(m): 9:04pm On Nov 12, 2017
If you can accept a man as god, then you have no right to call a man who gathers iron or worships animals or rivers as idol worshipper. Both of you are guilty of idolatry...
Mind you, there is no where in the old testament that says the Messiah will be a demi god,. The Jews don't have that as part of their belief..it is a Roman thing. I guess you have watched " clash of the Titans " and/or Hercules...
Re: Is Jesus, God? by Umartins1(m): 9:08pm On Nov 12, 2017
I think I have gotten enough and sufficient answers.
Re: Is Jesus, God? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 12, 2017
Jesus is God. God manifested himself to become man
Re: Is Jesus, God? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 12, 2017
Lolz I'm surprised at this again this same topic is still being discussed ....
Re: Is Jesus, God? by Didov1(f): 10:25pm On Nov 12, 2017
kenn5sure:
if Jesus is God it means that human being that he created succeeded in killing Him. to we Muslims Jesus is God's messenger

eesa is jst a messenger of God
Re: Is Jesus, God? by Didov1(f): 10:50pm On Nov 12, 2017
sonmvayina:
If you can accept a man as god, then you have no right to call a man who gathers iron or worships animals or rivers as idol worshipper. Both of you are guilty of idolatry...
Mind you, there is no where in the old testament that says the Messiah will be a demi god,. The Jews don't have that as part of their belief..it is a Roman thing. I guess you have watched " clash of the Titans " and/or Hercules...
hmmmnn,jst check this out..isaiah 9:6 FOR UPON US A CHILD IS BORN,UPON US A SON IS GIVEN AND THE GOVERNMENT SHALL BE UPON HIS SHOULDER AND HIS NAME SHALL BE CALLED WONDERFUL COUNSELLOR,THE ALMIGHTY GOD,THE EVERLASTING FATHER,THE PRINCE OF PEACE....i think that will do,.m nt trying to make you change,i jst wanna clear the air abt ur old testament messiah claims #shalom
Re: Is Jesus, God? by Deprofessional(m): 7:45am On Nov 13, 2017
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with GOD and the Word was GOD.
Jesus is the Word. Thus, Jesus Christ is God.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is A Man Of God? By Olakunle Allison / Open Letter To Governor Akinwunmi Ambode On Hijabite Victimization / Ten Surprising Similarities Between Judaism & Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.