Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,909 members, 7,835,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

“Paying Tithe Is Wrong" - 82 Years Ghanaian Pastor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / “Paying Tithe Is Wrong" - 82 Years Ghanaian Pastor (487 Views)

Man Kicked Out Of Anglican Church In Warri For 'Not Paying Tithe, Dressing Well' / Ghanaian Pastor Caught In Hotel Room Trying To Sleep With Church Elder's Wife / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Paying Tithe Is Wrong" - 82 Years Ghanaian Pastor by Millz404(m): 6:30pm On Nov 12, 2017
An 82-year-old man who has been born again for 32 years but does not pay tithe believing that it is against the practice, has slammed pastors who he said is using tithe to defraud their church members.

82-year-old Ghanaian Council of State member, Sam Okudzeto has said that Pastors are using the Old Testament idea of tithing to “blackmail” their church members into dispensing with their hard-earned money, most of which goes into individuals’ pockets, and that is “wrong”.
Okudjeto who has been born again for 32 years but does not pay tithe becuase he belief that its against the practice, says pastors take advantage of Malachi 3:10 which says: “’Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,’ says the LORD Almighty, ‘and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it,’” to fleece their church members.
He said; “I have a different concept of tithe,” the former president of the Ghana Bar Association (GBA) told Paul Adom-Otchere in an interview on Metro TV’s Good Evening Ghana programme.

“I have argued with pastors that they are using the tithe as a ruse to blackmail people to give money and I said it is wrong. I give, I don’t go and give tithe. And I give not only to church, I give to church, I give to people who have need, I help those who I think are in a situation where they need help.

“I don’t pay tithe because that’s Old Testament concept and I’ve told the pastors that they are wrong because they are using Malachi to entice people to collect money from them and that money that goes to them does not help the poor and the needy. They do not, no,” Mr Okudzeto said.
According to him, “…everybody is opening a church, every corner you turn in Accra, there is a church,” because the pastors are using the tithing concept to enrich themselves.

“God does not bless you because you give tithe, God blesses you because you’re worshipping him. He blesses you because you love your neighbour as yourself, and you provide for your neighbour when he has need, that is what God wants you to do. So, we are turning the Bible upside down.”

http://gossipmillnigeria.com/2017/11/paying-tithe-is-wrong-82-year/

Cc: Lalatislala

Re: “Paying Tithe Is Wrong" - 82 Years Ghanaian Pastor by smulti(m): 6:46pm On Nov 12, 2017
Christianity has been ridiculed by greedy Pentecostal pastas

woo to you who is robbing others to enrich yourselves
Re: “Paying Tithe Is Wrong" - 82 Years Ghanaian Pastor by IamtherealRita(f): 6:50pm On Nov 12, 2017
grin
Re: “Paying Tithe Is Wrong" - 82 Years Ghanaian Pastor by Samusu(m): 7:25pm On Nov 12, 2017
They will soon come to him claiming after all that he is a Ghanaian Pastor, so he knows nothing.

#freethesheeplemovement
Re: “Paying Tithe Is Wrong" - 82 Years Ghanaian Pastor by chemystery: 7:40pm On Nov 12, 2017
You don't blame Christians. It is an agreement they have made to employ the service of con men to read and understand the bible for them. The funny thing is that these men would read only few verses and tell brainwashing stories the rest of the time. It is these stories Christians believe the most irrespective of what is in the bible.
Re: “Paying Tithe Is Wrong" - 82 Years Ghanaian Pastor by Shally2: 7:48pm On Nov 12, 2017
What pains me really is the fact they keep records of your tithes. If you have a child dedication/ wedding coming up, they go for the archives search out your history of 1922. If you paid just twice that year, oyo is your name. You must clear all otherwise..... find your way. Where is in the Bible? Indioshi!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Help! How Do I Prevent A Dream From Coming To Past. / . / Another Secret Religion "Pastafarian" I Just Heard Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.