Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Free The Sheeple Movement Got To Church Leaders In Nigeria. My Experience - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Free The Sheeple Movement Got To Church Leaders In Nigeria. My Experience (36929 Views)

Daddy Freeze: "Pastor Said I Will Die In 24 Months Over Tithe, Free The Sheeple" / Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) / Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free The Sheeple Movement Got To Church Leaders In Nigeria. My Experience by Primesky(m): 1:37pm On Apr 01, 2018
Raymondfayowole:

Brother stop saying what u cant defend with the bible..
let me ask u a honest question:
Why are u not offering animal sacrifice to God?

Why should I?! When Jesus has finished it. What did you think He meant when he said "it is finished"?

Any Christian who still indulges in animal sacrifice, is directly or indirectly saying he/she has no faith in what Jesus has done at the cross.

My point is, tithing predates the law. Period!.
Re: Free The Sheeple Movement Got To Church Leaders In Nigeria. My Experience by Raymondfayowole(m): 7:41pm On Apr 01, 2018
Primesky:

Why should I?! When Jesus has finished it. What did you think He meant when he said "it is finished"?

Any Christian who still indulges in animal sacrifice, is directly or indirectly saying he/she has no faith in what Jesus has done at the cross.

My point is, tithing predates the law. Period!.

Quite alright you agree that animal sacrifices are no longer binding on christains, i want you to read Matthew 5:17
"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

The bible explained that till ALL BE FULFILLED. Christ death on the cross fulfilled the law, so if u belive animal sacrifices no longer exists, likewise tithe also. You cant just take something away from the law nd practice it becos if favours you. If you want to practice the law of old testament then you should practice evrything.

You wrote that tithe predates the law, did you knw that the bible also referred the Old Testament as a shadow of good things to come. So when you have the real deal y do u still practise what is old and obsolete and leave the real and new deal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free The Sheeple Movement Got To Church Leaders In Nigeria. My Experience by Primesky(m): 9:21am On Apr 02, 2018
Raymondfayowole:

Quite alright you agree that animal sacrifices are no longer binding on christains, i want you to read Matthew 5:17
"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

The bible explained that till ALL BE FULFILLED. Christ death on the cross fulfilled the law, so if u belive animal sacrifices no longer exists, likewise tithe also. You cant just take something away from the law nd practice it becos if favours you. If you want to practice the law of old testament then you should practice evrything.

You wrote that tithe predates the law, did you knw that the bible also referred the Old Testament as a shadow of good things to come. So when you have the real deal y do u still practise what is old and7 obsolete and leave the real and new deal.

Are you saying because Jesus fulfilled the law, so everything in the Old Testament is abolished? You should be careful what you tell people using Bible verses. We have babies in the faith. Don't because of what some so called men of God are doing, throw away the principle and law of God.

Tithing is a command and a principal as much as sowing and reaping is. That Jesus fulfilled the law did not set aside the law of sowing and reaping.

Now, when Jesus was reprimanding the pharesees about the commandments of God, He said something about tithing I want you to see. Matt. 23:23 "woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cumming, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgement, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone". The other is obviously tithing. Did He abolish it no! There exist a fine line between truth and deception. So do you think God will keep quiet all these while/generations and allow His children to be deceived, only to now open their eyes because some so called men of God are abusing it?

Finally, I will advise anybody having doubt about tithing to sincerely pray, even if it involves fasting, do! Because, if it turns out that tithing remains, and you are not doing it because you think it's been abolished, it becomes an act of sin/disobedience to God, and we know what that can lead to. Shalom!
Re: Free The Sheeple Movement Got To Church Leaders In Nigeria. My Experience by Raymondfayowole(m): 11:58am On Apr 02, 2018
Primesky:

Are you saying because Jesus fulfilled the law, so everything in the Old Testament is abolished? You should be careful what you tell people using Bible verses. We have babies in the faith. Don't because of what some so called men of God are doing, throw away the principle and law of God.

Yes. All the LAWS of the Old Testament had been done away with, the old testament is only there for our learning and not for us to follow part of the law, read Romans 15:4
"For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope."
You can also read I cor 10:11. Everything was written down for our admonition.
The bible passages are in English, so the d only problem here is to understand, dont just read, u should read and understand what you've read.

Primesky:

Tithing is a command and a principal as much as sowing and reaping is. That Jesus fulfilled the law did not set aside the law of sowing and reaping.

First, u must understand that collection for the saints (Giving) is different from tithe. You just agreed that christ fulfilled the law, but u still disagree that he didnt fulfil the whole law. Read Matt 5:17-18 again, this time read and understand. Sowing and reaping has to do with giving which is different from tithe. Christ preached liberty to give as God hath prospered you. Read 1 cor 16:1-2

Primesky:

Now, when Jesus was reprimanding the pharesees about the commandments of God, He said something about tithing I want you to see. Matt. 23:23 "woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cumming, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgement, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone". The other is obviously tithing. Did He abolish it no! There exist a fine line between truth and deception. So do you think God will keep quiet all these while/generations and allow His children to be deceived, only to now open their eyes because some so called men of God are abusing it?

Finally, I will advise anybody having doubt about tithing to sincerely pray, even if it involves fasting, do! Because, if it turns out that tithing remains, and you are not doing it because you think it's been abolished, it becomes an act of sin/disobedience to God, and we know what that can lead to. Shalom!

Matt 23:23
This is where most people use as a defend to argue that christ practiced tithe and so therfore binding on christains. Let me lecture u a little, if you want to study a bible passage next time i recommend u ask yourself these questions.
1. Who was talking?
2. Who was the speaker talking to?
3. When and what time was the statement made?

Now lets study Matt 23:23. You agree that Jesus Christ was the speaker, he was talking to the Scribes and Pharisees and the most important question here is the 3rd.
When was the statement made?
Remember i told u christ death fulfiled the law, as at matt 23:23, Christ was only reminding them (Scribes and Pharisees) of the law. The law of tithe was also the law of God and Christ could not preach aginst those laws at that time, because that would be termed as disobedience. I want you to read Matthew 28:18-19 which was after when christ died and resurrected.
"And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All AUTHORITY has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,"

Matt 23:23 did not tell us that christ, the apostles or the early church paid tithe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pastor Samuel Akinbodunse: "Buhari Will Die Before 2019 Elections" / How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates / Is Money The Root Of All Evil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.