Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Anambra Guber Debate: See 30 Notable Statements By The Guber Candidates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Guber Debate: See 30 Notable Statements By The Guber Candidates (669 Views)

I congratulate Amosun for losing the guber election of his political son -Fayose / BON, NEDG Pick Only 5 Political Parties For Debate (See List) / Press Statement By Jide Sanwo-olu's Campaign Team On Winning The Guber Primar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Guber Debate: See 30 Notable Statements By The Guber Candidates by luckynewsinfo: 10:35pm On Nov 12, 2017
Anambra guber debate: See 30 notable statements by the guber candidates

The Anambra guber debate which was organized by Channels TV Sunday evening may have unravelled the intellectual capacity and intentions of each of the five candidates that participated in the debate. The candidates of APC (Tony Nwoye), APGA (Willie Obiano), PDP (Oseloka Obaze), PPA (Godwin Ezeemo), UPP (Osita Chidoka) took turns to address issues relating to the economy, infrastructure, governance and Biafra agitation.

Luckynewsinfo has compiled 30 notable statements encompassing quotable words from each of the five leading candidates:
1. Part of the reasons I want to be Governor of Anambra state is to block wastages and cut excessive appointments of redundant SA’s and SSA’s in government – Tony Nwoye

2. We are doing well in Education, Agriculture and Trade and commerce. We want to continue on this path – Willie Obiano
3. Our government is no longer working as it is – Education is unaffordable. We will subsidize education and take our people back to school – Oseloka Obaze
4. I have all my investment in Anambra state. I have decided to forgo my comfort zone and serve my people. I will invest in skill based education – Godwin Ezeemo
5. I will imply the principle of egwuchukwu (morality) as governor. Our state ranks low in competitiveness. Anambra ranks 37/37 in bribery and corruption, we need to change that – Osita Chidoka
6. I was not involved in any way with the kidnap of Chris Ngige as Governor – Tony Nwoye

7. When I became governor, our people where not coming home because security was bad. I fixed it – Willie Obiano
8. I pay salaries as at when due. Anambra was the only state that didn’t see recession in 2015 – Willie Obiano
9. In 2016 I realized that Anambra state has been hijacked, this is why I choose to speak up and get involved in governance – Oseloka Obaze
10. My choosing to contest is not a matter desperation, but a matter of necessity. Anambra state is in trouble. This is why I offer myself – Godwin Ezeemo
11. Currently, we invest in yesterday’s education. We need to invest in education for tomorrow – Osita Chidoka
12. ON INDUSTRIALIZATION: We need to rejig the industrial clusters in Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi. We need to invest in power and electricity – Tony Nwoye
13. Past government left me with 101 road, I have completed 51 of them and commissioned 94 of my own – Willie Obiano
14. Tony Nwoye doesn’t have the capacity to be governor, he lacks executive experience – Willie Obiano
15. My predecessor left N9bn cash and N25.6bn in bond – Willie Obiano

http://www.luckynewsinfo.com/2017/11/anambra-guber-debate-see-30-notable.html?m=1

Re: Anambra Guber Debate: See 30 Notable Statements By The Guber Candidates by SpyAC(m): 10:59pm On Nov 12, 2017
how i wish chidoke will take de mantle of leadership over there.
Re: Anambra Guber Debate: See 30 Notable Statements By The Guber Candidates by SpyAC(m): 11:00pm On Nov 12, 2017
abeg what about that noollywood comedian, yul fione boy?

(1) (Reply)

Lamido To Presidency: You’ve Enthroned A Culture Of Lies, Intimidation / Makarfi Should Resign Now ! / VP Osinbajo Attends President Uhuru's 2nd Term Inauguration In Nairobi(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.