Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Taribo West: 'i Practised Voodoo' - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Taribo West: 'i Practised Voodoo' (3182 Views)

Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West / Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West / ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West (2) (3) (4)

Taribo West: 'i Practised Voodoo' by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 22, 2010
Former Nigeria World Cup defender Taribo West has admitted he practised voodoo rites so as to become a better player.

West featured at two World Cups and starred for several top clubs including Auxerre and Milan giants, AC and Inter.

“I looked for supernatural powers to play football. I was into a lot of things both in Nigeria and outside the country,” West disclosed in an interview published by the weekly Nigerian sports paper, Weekend Soccer Star.

“I used to go to a place in Senegal where they used to ‘cook’ me and after that I would be assured that no attacker would go past me on the pitch and score against my goalkeeper.

“They cut my legs with knife and put some fetish things inside. I would stay for two nights without bathing and every part of my body would be smelling.”

He added: “Papa Samba, my first manager, was Senegalese. So, he introduced me to the voodoo people in his country. He knows all the powerful voodoo people in his country.

“I had some people who worked for me in Nigeria. They would ask me to send money for sacrifice and rituals. They would kill a big cow and tell me what would happen in the next two months. At the end of the day, it would happen exactly the way they had predicted

“These things worked, but the problem was that they didn’t last. I spent a lot on sacrifice, but it ended in vain.”

Taribo West is now a born-again Christian and founded a ministry, Shelter in the Storm, at his former base of Italy.

source
Re: Taribo West: 'i Practised Voodoo' by Akolawole(m): 12:49pm On Mar 22, 2010
Most of them do but its nonsense
Re: Taribo West: 'i Practised Voodoo' by victorazy(m): 6:49pm On Mar 22, 2010
No be those Senegal guys wey dealt with us with juju in Nation's cup and also show France at the world cup tu.
They play at burial ground before any match so i heard.
Re: Taribo West: 'i Practised Voodoo' by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 22, 2010
victorazy:

No be those Senegal guys wey dealt with us with juju in Nation's cup and also show France at the world cup tu.
They play at burial ground before any match so i heard.

source?
Re: Taribo West: 'i Practised Voodoo' by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 22, 2010
Why don't they use the juju to win the world cup?
Re: Taribo West: 'i Practised Voodoo' by azeeza(f): 10:05pm On Mar 22, 2010
@ poster. Taribo even look like one (herbalist) wit those funny dreadlock.
Re: Taribo West: 'i Practised Voodoo' by A40(m): 2:02am On Mar 23, 2010
With that contraption on his head during the Korea/Japan WC i am not suprised. That nigga should tell us something that we don't know lol
Re: Taribo West: 'i Practised Voodoo' by honeric01(m): 2:12am On Mar 23, 2010
With all the voodoo, he ended up causing us alot of penalties.
Re: Taribo West: 'i Practised Voodoo' by deb(m): 2:45pm On Mar 23, 2010
Why Senegal no qualify for ordinary Nation's cup if the voodoo dey work?
Re: Taribo West: 'i Practised Voodoo' by hollandis(f): 7:34am On Mar 24, 2010
honeric01:

With all the voodoo, he ended up causing us alot of penalties.

ROFLMAO grin ,but honestly did you mean Eguaveon?
Re: Taribo West: 'i Practised Voodoo' by honeric01(m): 7:55am On Mar 24, 2010
hollandis:

ROFLMAO grin ,but honestly did you mean Eguaveon?

Nope, na Taribo i dey talk about.
Re: Taribo West: 'i Practised Voodoo' by hollandis(f): 8:16am On Mar 24, 2010
honeric01:

Nope, na Taribo i dey talk about.
Which game did he cause a penalty?Truth be said,voo doo work for the guy,Na eguaveon dey cause penalty up and down.e.g against italy USA 94
Re: Taribo West: 'i Practised Voodoo' by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 24, 2010
He looks the part. grin
Re: Taribo West: 'i Practised Voodoo' by honeric01(m): 9:21am On Mar 24, 2010
hollandis:

Which game did he cause a penalty?Truth be said,voo doo work for the guy,Na eguaveon dey cause penalty up and down.e.g against italy USA 94

France 98? undecided i think it's either France 98 or one of the nation cups he attended.
Re: Taribo West: 'i Practised Voodoo' by adisa363: 7:30pm On Mar 24, 2010
even our government use juju to tell us yaradua is eating tuwonkai when he is not. problematic taribo
Re: Taribo West: 'i Practised Voodoo' by semid4lyfe(m): 1:08pm On Mar 25, 2010
Taribo juju no work. If to se im juju dey work that Danish striker wey enter as substitute in our match against Denmark in France '98 no go fit use head dribble am score.
Re: Taribo West: 'i Practised Voodoo' by honeric01(m): 3:22pm On Mar 25, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Taribo juju no work. If to se im juju dey work that Danish striker wey enter as substitute in our match against Denmark in France '98 no go fit use  head dribble am score.

lol, maybe he didn't do anti-head dribbling juju, that was why.
Re: Taribo West: 'i Practised Voodoo' by Smi1(m): 1:15am On Mar 26, 2010
lolxxx juju do work, but it doesnt last and there is a repercaution for it.

Vuvuzela Manual / How I Overcame Betting Addiction ! / Drogba And Rooney Who Is The Best