Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 14/11/17 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 14/11/17 (748 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 13/11/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/11/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/11/17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 14/11/17 by dallyemmy: 5:04pm On Nov 13, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: TUESDAY NOVEMBER 14TH 2017

THEME: VESSELS: HOW PREPARED?

Memorise:

If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.                                                 2 Timothy 2:21

Read: 2 Timothy 2:19-21

2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.

2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

In Isaiah 6:1-8, Isaiah saw the Lord and this opened his eyes to see himself the way he truly was before God. As the brightness of God’s presence illuminated every aspect of his life, he had no choice but to seek divine assistance, and as he cried for help, God sent an angel to purify his unclean lips with a coal of fire. When you see Jesus, you will become a candidate for purification. Purification is essential because without being purged by God, your fruitfulness will be hampered (John 15:2). In other words, the more God refines you, the more likely He will use you for greater works. Many of us quote John 14:12 and claim that because we believe in Jesus, we automatically qualify for greater works. However, the truth is, there can be no greater works without divine refinement. God does not use unclean vessels for His work. If He has chosen you for an assignment and you come to the realization of how unfit you are for the work, it is because He wants you to be challenged, and He also wants you to ask for His purging and cleansing.

“But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.” 2 Timothy 2:20

It is not enough to be a vessel unto God. You should ensure that you are a vessel for honourable purposes. Beyond this, 2 Timothy 2:21 tells us that being purified is crucial to being used of God, and that although God may have His ways of purifying us, we also have a personal responsibility to purge ourselves. You have to put considerable effort to purge yourself. Those carnal habits you have must go! Little lies must go! Get rid of hypocrisy! Fruitlessness in soul-winning must go! The more you purge yourself, the more you will be a candidate for more and greater works. Don’t ever think that there is no more work to be done in the Kingdom. There is so much work yet to be done, and although the labourers are increasing in number, those purified and set apart for God’s use are few. Are you prepared to make yourself ready for God’s use? There are a few believers who have purged themselves and are prepared for any assignment God has for them; God will use such vessels to do just about anything, even as He bypasses many other vessels that are not pure enough for His use. Do all you can to be a pure and prepared vessel for God!

Key Point:
Purity makes a vessel usable for any assignment.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Job 33-35
Amos 4:4-13

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 6:   DEEPER DEEPER

1.       Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.

2.       Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.

Refrain:

3.       Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.

Refrain:

4.       Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.

Refrain:

5. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.

Refrain:
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 14/11/17 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 13, 2017
Thank you for your consistency

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 14/11/17 by Ibukunore06: 5:30am On Nov 14, 2017
��� *LET US PRAY* ���

.. _*TUESDAY, November 14, 2017*_

*PRAYER POINTS* :- _VESSELS: HOW PREPARED?_

1. *THANKSGIVINGS* .

2. *INTERCESSIONS/SUPPLICATIONS.*

3. *PRAYERS FROM OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL:*

----- Father, i thank you because *YOU ARE GREAT PURUFIER.*

*_---- Father, I thank you for saving me and for the salvation of my soul....._*

*_---- Father, I thank you for the grace to be alive, today;......_*

----- *_Father, please purify my heart, in Jesus' Name._*

----- *_Father, from today, please make me totally fit to be used of you, in Jesus’ Name......_*

*_Father, spirit, soul and body, please sanctify me totally, in Jesus' Name......_*

----- *_Father, from today, please use me for the propagation of the gospel , in Jesus’ Name......_*

----- *_Father, from today, please cloth me with honour inside and out, in Jesus’ Name......_*

4. *PERSONAL PRAYERS REQUESTS:*
-- (John 16:23 - 24,
-- LUKE 18:1,
-- MATT 7:7 - 8 )......

---- FATHER, I thank you for the answers, for in *JESUS HOLY* Name I have Prayed.

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 14/11/17 by dupsai(f): 7:02am On Nov 14, 2017
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens: (Tuesday, November 14th, 2017) - VESSELS: HOW PREPARED?

1.Thank you, Father, for creating me in your image of purity, holiness, righteousness and of power.

2.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, please, have mercy and forgive me, in Jesus' name.

3.Father, purge and sanctify me from all unrighteousness, by the blood of Jesus, that was shed on the cross, in Jesus' name.

4.Father, let all the activities of the flesh be completely subdued, in all areas of my life, by the power of your Holy Spirit, in Jesus' name.

5.Father, please, make me a vessel unto honour, sanctified and meet for your use, in Jesus' name.

6.Father, give me the grace to flee every appearance of evil and to live a victorious life, above sin, in Jesus' name.

7.Father, purge me of all carnal and unrighteous habits, that have been hindering me to do greater works, for you, in Jesus' name.

8.Father, empower me to use the instruments of fasting and prayer, to discipline and keep my body under the control of your Holy Spirit, in Jesus' name.

9.Father, come and let my life be found worthy of your holy habitation, in Jesus' name.

10.Father, let every satanic conspiracy, from the pit of hell, against the ministry of the author of the Open Heavens devotional, Pastor E.A. Adeboye, be scattered, in Jesus' name.

11.Father, let every plant you have not planted in my life and in the body of Christ, be uprooted, in Jesus' name.

12.Your Personal petitions.
( Philippians 4:6)
13.In Jesus' name I pray.
(John 14:13-14; 15:16)
14.Thank you Father for answered prayers.
(1 Thessalonians 5:18).
#GodBlessOurNation

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Nigerian Church Gave Out 500 Turkeys To The Less Privileged In USA (video) / Anal Sex In Marriage.. Is It A Sin? / I Wish There Was A God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.