Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) (43274 Views)

Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners / Davido Wins MOBO Best African Act Awards (Video) / Davido Wins Song Of The Year & Video Of The Year At AFRIMMA 2017 | Full Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Nedfed(m): 9:45pm On Nov 13, 2017
Davido is always at is best. Despite being born with a sliver spoon, he still hustling to make sure is music get to the peak. Born abroad yet he never lost it origin. He always futures must of our artists and also those artists do futures him likewise. He has much influence to futures has many America artists has he want but he did is visibility studies and discover we Nigerians believes in our own. Backs in the days when we listen and dance to the foreign music, but now Naija music is heard but home and abroad with all our artists gaining international recognition.

Wizkid could have been my best Nigeria musician, his voice, music and lyrics says it all. But the big mistake he made or his making is for him to be trying to future only foreign artists in must of his songs. Nigerians are no more freak with that. Many artists have done that in the past but failed, it even kill some of their career.

So, to our owo OBO, we say a big congrats to you for the great achievement. More of it still coming your way.
We Africans are proud of you, one love.

9 Likes

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by mcchancer(m): 9:46pm On Nov 13, 2017
Twizzy30:
its funny tho, bruh u quote me on two diff threads same time. are u sure u are nt one of my village people?

Hahaha.... U funny die
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Millz404(m): 9:50pm On Nov 13, 2017
Twizzy30:
TeamBaddest.
i already said it OBO is the true definition of Afro pop, his vibes is lit... Haters Before u spew nonsense here, Mtv ema worldwide act means OBO had to tug it out with the likes of Shawn mendes, Migos, Nicki, Cardi, in short everyone doing music in this world and he won it. Hardwork pays, Asslicking pays to some extent. grin

Lol.... he actually won best african act... not worldwide act.... . So he is not in any of the likes you mentioned
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by anibirelawal(m): 9:51pm On Nov 13, 2017
Am so happy for davido.
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Priscy01(f): 9:51pm On Nov 13, 2017
ENDTIMEgist:
Wizkid wasn't even nominated in this category, so I wonder what the whole fuss is about

Best Worldwide Act Winners
Lil' Kleine – The Netherlands
C. Tangana – Spain
BABYMETAL – Japan
Alma – Finland
Davido – Nigeria
Stormzy – UK
Lali – Argentina

He is not qualified to be among sef

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by verygudbadguy(m): 9:52pm On Nov 13, 2017
ENDTIMEgist:
Wizkid wasn't even nominated in this category, so I wonder what the whole fuss is about

Best Worldwide Act Winners
Lil' Kleine – The Netherlands
C. Tangana – Spain
BABYMETAL – Japan
Alma – Finland
Davido – Nigeria
Stormzy – UK
Lali – Argentina
Oga, try and equip yourself properly before jumping on this kind of argument. They don't nominate for this category. There is a committee of judges that take decision on the Winner for each continent. Ordinarily, Wiz won both awards last year but for controversies that trailed the voting system. He was named the Best International Act Africa 2016.

Below is the list of winners of Best International Act for 2015, 2016.

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by ucheemmadu18(m): 9:55pm On Nov 13, 2017
davido and wizkid and all nairalanders are all making Ms, but all nairalanders are making Memes while 2 of them are making millions.. before you start arguing about wizkid and davido ask urself this simple
question, I Don chop today?
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 9:59pm On Nov 13, 2017
Congrats davido well deserved! Wizkid is doing well bt smtmes hes performances lack a certain vibe and finesse. His duo with tiwa is a example. He needs to work harder on his local collaborations.
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by fabre4: 10:24pm On Nov 13, 2017
bizclef:
chai..dis davido no get shame o,wizkid wey 1st win ham no make noise o, davido is running to be ahead of wizkid bt wizkid no even no say person dey run behind him. wizkid won 3 awards last night nd he ddnt even make any noise. he won BET again dis year yet no noise.
b4 u start to dey bash me wt insults, i knw MTV EMA is superior to AFRIMA bt rememember say wizkid don win ham too

continue defending someone else's music career when you don't have a career to turn to
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Twizzy30(m): 10:25pm On Nov 13, 2017
bionixs:
hahahahahaha! you must not go near that portion of land close to the river by the road or the elders will gather for us
jeez are u kidding me. i i reject every evil plan by fiaaa. davido fia burn them grin
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 10:34pm On Nov 13, 2017
Nigerians and their wahala.

What is wrong with Wizkid sampling different sounds undecided

Wizkid is still doing very well for himself on the world stage, and Nigerians here are talking rubbish on how he is "asslickimg"
Empty pride is what will kill u guys.

So doing international collaborations is now ass licking
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 10:38pm On Nov 13, 2017
Nedfed:
Davido is always at is best. Despite being born with a sliver spoon, he still hustling to make sure is music get to the peak. Born abroad yet he never lost it origin. He always futures must of our artists and also those artists do futures him likewise. He has much influence to futures has many America artists has he want but he did is visibility studies and discover we Nigerians believes in our own. Backs in the days when we listen and dance to the foreign music, but now Naija music is heard but home and abroad with all our artists gaining international recognition.

Wizkid could have been my best Nigeria musician, his voice, music and lyrics says it all. But the big mistake he made or his making is for him to be trying to future only foreign artists in must of his songs. Nigerians are no more freak with that. Many artists have done that in the past but failed, it even kill some of their career.

So, to our owo OBO, we say a big congrats to you for the great achievement. More of it still coming your way.
We Africans are proud of you, one love.

This kind English na wa o

"visibility" studies"

"future" only foreign artistes indeed

1 Like

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Adulphus(m): 10:40pm On Nov 13, 2017
bizclef:
chai..dis davido no get shame o,wizkid wey 1st win ham no make noise o, davido is running to be ahead of wizkid bt wizkid no even no say person dey run behind him. wizkid won 3 awards last night nd he ddnt even make any noise. he won BET again dis year yet no noise.
b4 u start to dey bash me wt insults, i knw MTV EMA is superior to AFRIMA bt rememember say wizkid don win ham too

You be mumu?
how you want take AFRIMA compare MTV EMA...

wizkid won "Best act west africa" not even the while Africa ooo. How you wan take an compare world best act..

2face, D'banj n now Davido is the only African to win EMA.. when wizkid win am...

2 Likes

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Benekruku(m): 10:43pm On Nov 13, 2017
Getting those awards must have caused him a fortune.

We all know who out-rightly owns it!

But one must still give kudos to his lobbyist, they re connected

1 Like

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Nevee: 10:49pm On Nov 13, 2017
maklelemakukula:
This life is so funny, proves that ass-licking makes u lose value and self respect. I hope wiz kid has learned a thing or two from this. Do your thing, no dey follow people for yansh up and down, them go see you finish...do your thing, if we support you enough you'll be highly regarded. Don't change just to please people, I noticed wiz kid started doing patua in all his international songs, that's not who u you are Bro, be yourself and do your thing and be the wiz kid we've all grown to love.
Thank you. You just said it all. He has forgotten that all those international touches weren't in the first album yet we loved it. He suddenly feels what brought him there isn't needed anymore. Wizkid's first album! Damn! I still can't point to one song that isn't good enough there.
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by KingOfAmebo(m): 10:49pm On Nov 13, 2017
bizclef:

Your comment is laced with beef and 'fish' the award Davido just won is MTV "EUROPE MUSIC AWARDS BEST W-O-R-L-D-W-I-L-D ACT (meaning he is the best in the WORLD in 2017 according to MTV) making him the first AFRICAN to win the award...the MTV award Wizkid and the others won was MTV best African act award which Davido also won this year before this big one (making it two awards from MTV this year)...so bro, celebrate your African brother and stop being sentimental, hate is not good for your health.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Imo1stson: 10:50pm On Nov 13, 2017
The award is nowhere near what many take it to be. The award has 7 winners for each of the 7 zones out of which Nigeria is one. Davido should take it easy with the noise.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/who-won-mtv-ema-awards-11511005.amp

Worldwide Act Winners:

The Netherlands - Lil’ Kleine

Spain - Tangana

Japan - BabyMetal

Finland - Alma

Nigeria - DaVido

UK & Ireland - Stormzy

Argentina - Lali
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 13, 2017
Davido na d real MVP
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by adims96(m): 10:58pm On Nov 13, 2017
bizclef:
na lie, wizkid never win mtv ema
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by adims96(m): 11:01pm On Nov 13, 2017
but come to think of it, someone born in ojuelegba calling another born in atlanta, with a green passport local!!

1 Like

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Blackhawk01: 11:02pm On Nov 13, 2017
Priscy01:

He is not qualified to be among sef

Hahahaha grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

This is a burnnnnn! shocked
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by seunjungle1(m): 11:02pm On Nov 13, 2017
He had confessed that he's mad, I think he need psychologist.

Guy that will come below me can take him there pls!
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Badboiz(m): 11:10pm On Nov 13, 2017
mayweather145:
With yankee passport them say we local u better come shop i go see u later spend my money on top somebody summer body lets keep it rocking . Now we know who is international .

Catch up not come shop
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Ikenna792(m): 11:19pm On Nov 13, 2017
Twizzy30:
TeamBaddest.
i already said it OBO is the true definition of Afro pop, his vibes is lit... Haters Before u spew nonsense here, Mtv ema worldwide act means OBO had to tug it out with the likes of Shawn mendes, Migos, Nicki, Cardi, in short everyone doing music in this world and he won it. Hardwork pays, Asslicking pays to some extent. grin

Repping Naija bt dnt pass wrong info.. the award OBO won.. he dint compete with Shawn mendes n all u called. He won best worldwide act and (Africa) i watched the award live.
Shawn Mendes was artist of the year
Tnx. #TeamNaija
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by dotcomnamename: 11:20pm On Nov 13, 2017
[s]
Imo1stson:
The award is nowhere near what many take it to be. The award has 7 winners for each of the 7 zones out of which Nigeria is one. Davido should take it easy with the noise.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/who-won-mtv-ema-awards-11511005.amp

Worldwide Act Winners:

The Netherlands - Lil’ Kleine

Spain - Tangana

Japan - BabyMetal

Finland - Alma

Nigeria - DaVido

UK & Ireland - Stormzy

Argentina - Lali

[/s]

This guy mumu O! You go school at all? You sure sey you fit read well? Smh

2 Likes

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Ikenna792(m): 11:22pm On Nov 13, 2017
KingOfAmebo:

Your comment is laced with beef and 'fish' the award Davido just won is MTV "EUROPE MUSIC AWARDS BEST W-O-R-L-D-W-I-L-D ACT (meaning he is the best in the WORLD in 2017 according to MTV) making him the first AFRICAN to win the award...the MTV award Wizkid and the others won was MTV best African act award which Davido also won this year before this big one (making it two awards from MTV this year)...so bro, celebrate your African brother and stop being sentimental, hate is not good for your health.

Repping Naija bt dnt pass wrong info.. the award OBO won.. he dint compete with Shawn mendes n all u called. He won best worldwide act and (Africa) i watched the award live.
Shawn Mendes was artist of the year
Tnx. #TeamNaija
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Kingbusssy(m): 11:30pm On Nov 13, 2017
Joseunlimited:
Funke!
Davido is on FIA grin
Are you sure The truth is that Davido is the Nigerian Best Artiste While Wizzy is Africa Best Artiste (Africa Number One)
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Kingbusssy(m): 11:30pm On Nov 13, 2017
Joseunlimited:
Funke!
Davido is on FIA grin
Are you sure The truth is that Davido is the Nigerian Best Artiste While Wizzy is Africa Best Artiste (Africa Number One)
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by demefaboy(m): 11:42pm On Nov 13, 2017
Plsssss Click link go to my fb wall and like my current pix, so that I can win https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1074475659255561&id=100000794101880&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1074475659255561%3Atl_objid.1074475659255561%3Athid.100000794101880%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1512115199%3A-1503957520752552920&__tn__=%2AW-R
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by HyconMojo(m): 11:52pm On Nov 13, 2017
Wizkid is confused .... dem talk say e don dey rap now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Grammy 2020 Awards: Burna Boy's Fans Support Him Over Angelique Kidjo / Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs / Where Is Funmi Adams?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.