Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) (43275 Views)

Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners / Davido Wins MOBO Best African Act Awards (Video) / Davido Wins Song Of The Year & Video Of The Year At AFRIMMA 2017 | Full Winners (2) (3) (4)

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Alezy(m): 12:01am On Nov 14, 2017
Twizzy30:
its funny tho, bruh u quote me on two diff threads same time. are u sure u are nt one of my village people?
lwkmdh.....monitoring spirit abi? Hahahahaha...best comment ever
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by MChaze25(m): 12:16am On Nov 14, 2017
The goal is for the Grammy and other major international awards.
Wizkid should keep it up. He will get to it. As for DavidO, I hate his noise.
Ass-licking Tekno's style and buying more songs from him wouldn't help him next year. Another album will still flop!!!
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by lenghtinny(m): 12:36am On Nov 14, 2017
Kingbusssy:

Are you sure
The truth is that Davido is the Nigerian Best Artiste
While Wizzy is Africa Best Artiste (Africa Number One)
So why didn't he win the best African act at the MTV Ema undecided
Calling someone that's using Jamaican/Carribean patois sound Africa's best artiste is an insult to the African sound...
Whether you like it or not, Davido had the biggest songs in Africa this year while wizkid was hunting for international recognition.
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Bitchiamjay(m): 12:43am On Nov 14, 2017
Mehn. . .Wizkid and Davido rivalry though grin

I naturally like Wizkid than Davido, but when it comes to who sings best.. I'm giving it up for Davido.
Davido is LiTTY, even with his frog voice, dude is still dropping hit banging songs.
please Wizkid, don't dull. stop asslicking drake and future... you can't be like them.
You're a Nigerian, Drake is a Canadian, future? Americana
you hardly see upcoming American artistes asslicking the top ones, but they still making waves..
Check out the likes of Lil yachty , Kodak Black , Lil uzi vert, 21savage , Lil pump, even cardi B to mention few.
So Wizkid, stop this Patua accent you're forming, stop this ""'MA girl love the way that ting goes/ Oya come and whine for daddy yo/ gimme that biggest whine/""
Be real man.. Be real like OBO...
OBO is international but still drop hit songs with his local accent.
Stop faking it.
OBO is really on FIA.

Congrats!

#YOLO

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by idreezbaba(m): 12:55am On Nov 14, 2017
Wizkid has more international awards than Mr froggy
Davido 0 billboard music awards
Davido 0 Grammy nomination meanwhile wizkid has been nominated for Grammy
For your info wizkid won best worldwide act at MTV EMA last year... he didn't start shouting up and down.. wizkid has 3 billboard music awards
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by l3st3r: 1:06am On Nov 14, 2017
What are you guys shouting for. wizkid won best world act before davido.He won it in the 2016 MTV ema. He also won Best Africa Act there too which was base on online votes that was later taken back and give to Alikiba.Award that was shared with 7 other musicians na una no won let us heat word

WORLDWIDE ACT WINNERS:
THE NETHERLANDS – Lil’ Kleine
SPAIN – Tangana
JAPAN – BabyMetal
FINLAND – Alma
NIGERIA – DaVido
UK & IRELAND – Stormzy
ARGENTINA – Lali

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by FisifunKododada: 1:09am On Nov 14, 2017
OBO - baddest! Their father!!!
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by shadrach77: 1:32am On Nov 14, 2017
Imo1stson:
The award is nowhere near what many take it to be. The award has 7 winners for each of the 7 zones out of which Nigeria is one. Davido should take it easy with the noise.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/who-won-mtv-ema-awards-11511005.amp

Worldwide Act Winners:

The Netherlands - Lil’ Kleine

Spain - Tangana

Japan - BabyMetal

Finland - Alma

Nigeria - DaVido

UK & Ireland - Stormzy

Argentina - Lali

You are silly sir. Those are nominees not winners

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Majesticniyi(m): 1:37am On Nov 14, 2017
Bros why na....you go gently explain to am like the idiot wey him be ni. You sounded too harsh and insultive na.

shadrach77:

You are silly sir. Those are nominees not winners

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Mariangeles(f): 2:10am On Nov 14, 2017
bizclef:
chai..dis davido no get shame o,wizkid wey 1st win ham no make noise o, davido is running to be ahead of wizkid bt wizkid no even no say person dey run behind him. wizkid won 3 awards last night nd he ddnt even make any noise. he won BET again dis year yet no noise.
b4 u start to dey bash me wt insults, i knw MTV EMA is superior to AFRIMA bt rememember say wizkid don win ham too
Win wetin...? you and the likers of your comment are not updated all...
Do you know what these awards mean for Davido...? That's bragging rights for life!
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Mariangeles(f): 2:31am On Nov 14, 2017
This whole scenario is like the Messi/ Ronaldo drama, with Wizkid as Messi and Davido as Ronaldo ...
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Mariangeles(f): 2:36am On Nov 14, 2017
Nedfed:
Davido is always at is best. Despite being born with a sliver spoon, he still hustling to make sure is music get to the peak. Born abroad yet he never lost it origin. He always futures must of our artists and also those artists do futures him likewise. He has much influence to futures has many America artists has he want but he did is visibility studies and discover we Nigerians believes in our own. Backs in the days when we listen and dance to the foreign music, but now Naija music is heard but home and abroad with all our artists gaining international recognition.

Wizkid could have been my best Nigeria musician, his voice, music and lyrics says it all. But the big mistake he made or his making is for him to be trying to future only foreign artists in must of his songs. Nigerians are no more freak with that. Many artists have done that in the past but failed, it even kill some of their career.

So, to our owo OBO, we say a big congrats to you for the great achievement. More of it still coming your way.
We Africans are proud of you, one love.
I don't know if you typed all that (English) on purpose but I totally get your point.

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Caseless: 2:40am On Nov 14, 2017
maklelemakukula:
This life is so funny, proves that ass-licking makes u lose value and self respect. I hope wiz kid has learned a thing or two from this. Do your thing, no dey follow people for yansh up and down, them go see you finish...do your thing, if we support you enough you'll be highly regarded. Don't change just to please people, I noticed wiz kid started doing patua in all his international songs, that's not who u you are Bro, be yourself and do your thing and be the wiz kid we've all grown to love.
music is about versatility. If an American art uses our pidgin , you'd say we are being celebrated. What's wrong in using patua when most of our artists got inspiration from Jamaica?

Wizkid is not ass-licking, he's making the right connect.
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by talk2percy(m): 2:52am On Nov 14, 2017
Keep balling, u are really on FIA! Let Caroline keep looking for a way to come up with her soap opera!!!
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by rafabenitez: 3:59am On Nov 14, 2017
Benefits of being a ritualist now coming,not sprised.
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Claessique1(f): 5:22am On Nov 14, 2017
Guy, you deserve it.
Your hardwork fantasize me.
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by BerryAnny(m): 5:43am On Nov 14, 2017
bizclef:
chai..dis davido no get shame o,wizkid wey 1st win ham no make noise o, davido is running to be ahead of wizkid bt wizkid no even no say person dey run behind him. wizkid won 3 awards last night nd he ddnt even make any noise. he won BET again dis year yet no noise.
b4 u start to dey bash me wt insults, i knw MTV EMA is superior to AFRIMA bt rememember say wizkid don win ham too
Mr know it all,please when did Wizkid won MTV EMA? The last time I checked,the one he win last year was later stripped off him for Alikiba so tell me when Wizkid won him own.
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by koolaid87: 6:05am On Nov 14, 2017
[quote author=Twizzy30 post=62348734]TeamBaddest.
i already said it OBO is the true definition of Afro pop, his vibes is lit... Haters Before u spew nonsense here, Mtv ema worldwide act means OBO had to tug it out with the likes of Shawn mendes, Migos, Nicki, Cardi, in short everyone doing music in this world and he won it. Hardwork pays, Asslicking pays to some extent. grin[/quote

Twizzy30, if truly you're 30, then something's wrong. If you're 30, then pls leave all these nonsensical music makers for the indomie gen. Pls face real deal. You don old oooo
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 6:10am On Nov 14, 2017
Caseless:
music is about versatility. If an American art uses our pidgin , you'd say we are being celebrated. What's wrong in using patua when most of our artists got inspiration from Jamaica?

Wizkid is not ass-licking, he's making the right connect.
Tell them

These people just don't understand

they call it "asslicking"

Rubbish
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Mofe72: 6:51am On Nov 14, 2017
mhayorstically7:
Afrobeat B4 Any Genre 4 Fela, Wiz Got Carried Away Bro, He Would Neva Last That Way, U No Fit Chop Banana Pass Monkey Itz Dea Food

Bro, everyone has their taste.
I really don't think he went far.
He just barely scratched the surface in my opinion.
Wizkid and Davido have both brought the world's attention to Afro style music.

I personally like a wide variety of genres as long as it's good music.

Have you heard this jam 'Particular'- Nasty C, Afrojack, Ice Prince, Jidenna, Patoranking.

The sound there is electronica tbh, but does it make it any less African ?
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by jharzwill: 6:53am On Nov 14, 2017
Congrats to davido but for those saying WizKid has never won MTV EMA AWARD well.....the remarkable thing is that davido won best African act and worldwide act the same night chikena!!!! Congrats to the only international local lol artiste I know. but wizzy still be my MVP!!!

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by champagnedaddy: 7:04am On Nov 14, 2017
some pple funny,wizkid won best african act last year dey collected it nd gave it to alikiba,den dey gave him "worldwide best act",so its nothing new do u guys expect dat its wizkid dat will kip collecting dem,jst because davido did it collect does nt mean he will collect it nxt year,nd we all knw dat ,WIZKID is d best nw,na person wey no get sense go tok say davido beta pass wizkid..chaii
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by champagnedaddy: 7:09am On Nov 14, 2017
[quote author=koolaid87 post=62355949][/quote]
so u want to tell me dat davido is beta dan cardi b,migos nd nickiminaj,rihanna,beyonce,kendrick lamar,justin bieber,chris brown et.c u dont have sense
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Tobycharles: 7:21am On Nov 14, 2017
Wikid gotta good voice but davido, understand naija vibes n flows better on the beat couple with delivery, sincerely, IF was more or less a national anthem it made d airwaves pass come closer, without mincing word it ought to have been the song of the year with all fairness.
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by princetom1(m): 7:40am On Nov 14, 2017
Twizzy30:
its funny tho, bruh u quote me on two diff threads same time. are u sure u are nt one of my village people?

Lmfao... U better watch ur back o
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by LCMedia(m): 7:59am On Nov 14, 2017
Davido is currently having a great year and on fia with this award.

This is very obvious with his recently released Davido Fia Mp3 Download just showed that the singer is trying his best not to relent.
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Themandator: 8:13am On Nov 14, 2017
kidap:
OBO is at it again, davido took to his Instagram page to inform fans that he always won another award at the MTV EMA 2017.

See photo and caption...

OMG I JUST WON BEST WORLDWIDE ACT MTV EMA!!! I’m going madd!!!!! 2 EMA’s !! Whaaat!!! !!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbcV6Q1ljQ_/?hl=en

http://edition.soundoro.com/davido-wins-best-worldwide-act-mtv-ema/

Please help me understand it.... Is this different from the one that made front page some days ago?
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Joseunlimited(f): 10:02am On Nov 14, 2017
Kingbusssy:

Are you sure
The truth is that Davido is the Nigerian Best Artiste
While Wizzy is Africa Best Artiste (Africa Number One)
[color=#990000][/color]
Sense is far away from you
David just won best worldwide act
Where is wizkid African number one beside worldwide?
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Twizzy30(m): 10:23am On Nov 14, 2017
[quote author=koolaid87 post=62355949][/quote]uncle are u alright. so because i put 30 at d back of my moniker means am 30 years of age grin fyi am still a teen... lol
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Twizzy30(m): 10:26am On Nov 14, 2017
Alezy:
lwkmdh.....monitoring spirit abi? Hahahahaha...best comment ever
Fear catch me small oo, i had to go offline last nite make he no go find my bearing. grin
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by dopeJemi: 10:38am On Nov 14, 2017
bizclef:

Mr man, wizkid has never won it before, 2face and dbanj are the only ones that have won it

Grammy 2020 Awards: Burna Boy's Fans Support Him Over Angelique Kidjo / Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs / Where Is Funmi Adams?