Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,027 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay (20849 Views)

FG Pays Ikoyi Whistle-blower N421m; Jets Out Of The Country / Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment / "Ikoyi Whistle-blower Is Mad" - EFCC Says, Takes Him To Psychiatric Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 14, 2017
It is better to receive the money and run mad as a rich boy than run mad because APC governments hardly keep their promise. Party of con men.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 14, 2017
That person that kept the money there can hurt the guy, armrobbers will be looking for the guy, the guy life is no longer safe,
Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by denice1: 8:25am On Nov 14, 2017
Government of lies and propanganda.
Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by topsypoly(m): 8:28am On Nov 14, 2017
this prof. is saying what they (THE POLITICIANS) do.
they get mad whenever they are in any position to manage nigeria's fun that is why they steal all our money to the root no matter how much we complain/cry, so he thinks the guy will do same.

WHAT A SHAME!!!
Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 14, 2017
Akolawole:
This is a difficult one to comment upon.
I am with both sides. We knew how government of our nation cannot keep promise.
I have seen winners of big monies squandering it within months but it is their money.

Celestial Babayaro was declared bankrupt just few years ago.

I think the government should pay him in tranches but pay everything within 6 months.

u don't know ur right , they should pay him at once, they have already put the guy live in danger.
Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by Yemhey(m): 8:30am On Nov 14, 2017
Had it been it's a government of transparency and uprightness is all welcomed.
Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by RillJ(m): 8:31am On Nov 14, 2017
What a lame excuse.
Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by everozone: 8:37am On Nov 14, 2017
The cabal in this government isn't happy that their dirty deal was exposed by the whistle-blower.That is the more reason they are reluctant in paying him the money.They well know that if they pay him the money it will mean a lose lose for them.
Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by Positiveminds(m): 8:47am On Nov 14, 2017
Mr. Financial adviser/ counsellor, release the money to the man. It's not your business what he does with it. Story wan enter now!
Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by domiron: 8:48am On Nov 14, 2017
UrbanNG:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/we-dont-want-ikoyi-whistle-blower-to-run-mad-sagay/amp/

You can see the lies oozing out of his fat lips. How is it your concern how he spends his money?. Ask your people to pay up.
Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 14, 2017
aolawale025:
In developed countries it's often the responsibility of government to ensure citizens who come into large amounts of money often thru lottery don't blow it at once and revert to poverty. So they pay over a period of time. Knowing the Nigerian factor I doubt such can be managed here. They should pay the fellow his due.

Even in developed counties if you win a sum of money from the lottery you have a choice of either a one time payment of part of the money or the full payment over a period of time. A man won 10 million dollars some months ago and he was offered a one time payment of 6.75million or the whole amount spread over 30 years. And I don't think it's about protecting the citizen
Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by Walexybobo(m): 8:56am On Nov 14, 2017
If a child run mad because of money, money will still be use to heal him from his madness.
Ti omode ba tori owo ya were, owo na la o fi wo.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by almarthins(m): 9:00am On Nov 14, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:
But he is not Mad when he was giving information to the govement.

Prof. Itse Sagay is running .........

My brother the tin just tire me! Why we black be like this even devil get integrity pass us
Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by Sammy213(m): 9:06am On Nov 14, 2017
Ds s one reason i hate Nigeria , na ur money? Hw he spend it does it really matter? Spare me dat gv d guy ehn money joor small tin d vex me
UrbanNG:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/we-dont-want-ikoyi-whistle-blower-to-run-mad-sagay/amp/
Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by chisiudeh: 9:08am On Nov 14, 2017
So all these politicians wey don dey steal money never mad finish na person wey use all his power and energy blow whistle n him go come mad abi? Na you g first mad.

All you politicians are brood of vipers. Wetin consine you if he mad or not?? Abi na ur madness?? Destiny blocker. Thunder wey go strike you still dey do press up.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by Jamorezzi: 9:16am On Nov 14, 2017
Guy leave story . Make una let this dude cash out.
Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by Truthinlife: 9:25am On Nov 14, 2017
nerodenero:
Who is mad between a polithiefcian who loot the country's treasures running into trillions of hard currencies, more than enough for several generations to spend and more to remain. He walks free, boast of the stolen money, flaunt it, never arrested and never called 'mad' compared to a man who was asked to whistleblow which he did. His action led to recovery of huge sum stolen from the country and when it was time to pay him his cut, the government alleges he's mad. Is it their madness?

When he was giving vital information, he wasn't mad and now that the government feels they're done with him, they tag him 'mad'. This change na chain and scam. With this attitude from the government, I believe this is the beginning of the end of whistleblowing.
Bro,
I enjoyed all your points, but you seriously cracked me up with that question “ Is it their madness”... grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 14, 2017
raker300:
“Sagay said if the commission, which the whistle-blower claims is N860m, was given to him immediately; he probably would have squandered it within a month or two”.

Imagine this statement..

What is your business with what he does with his money?

Apc are the ones that are mad and spending all the money
They are even insulting him of not sufficiently stable. But he was stable when he was blowing the whistle. Can you imagine? This APC government people are so funny.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by TheKingIsHere: 9:59am On Nov 14, 2017
aolawale025:
In developed countries it's often the responsibility of government to ensure citizens who come into large amounts of money often thru lottery don't blow it at once and revert to poverty. So they pay over a period of time. Knowing the Nigerian factor I doubt such can be managed here. They should pay the fellow his due.
Lies.

They give you options if you want all your money at once or not.

This woman in Florida won $43m and collected all her money at once which she gave to family members

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3466654/Florida-lottery-winner-90-gives-away-43-million-jackpot-family.html
Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by Justseye(m): 10:02am On Nov 14, 2017
amunkita:
When did the govt start bothering on how we spend our personal money

Nigerian politicians dont run mad when they steal billions they ve not seen before but an ordinary nigeria would run mad abii Wat an irony....

Oga Sagay nd FG, release this man's money in full nd let him choose a finacial firm of his own to manage his money...

I know u all intend cheating the man because he has no backing, steal from him when we must ve forgotten his case nd ve moved on or kill him nd ve the remaining tranche to urselves.

Last bullet: This is just the death of whistleblowing in nigeria.
God bless u jare ,wen politicians steal billions dey dnt run mad

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by alexmakaay(m): 10:14am On Nov 14, 2017
they shd hv added counseling policy ab initio ... agora they got what they want and left d poor dude with d psychiatrist..

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by magicminister: 10:15am On Nov 14, 2017
aolawale025:

The winners choose to either recieve a lump sum or tranches or payment.
The disadvantage of recieving lump payment is higher tax. That is the only reason most people in reasonable countries elect to recieve their winnings in tranches.
Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by thedondada(m): 10:59am On Nov 14, 2017
He added, “It is better to pay him in tranches. I agree with the government because if not, he will throw it away. This is valuable money that government could have used for millions of unemployed and wretchedly poor people.

This is the statement that annoyed me the most. Why is it his money you can use for many people. Why not go and collect from dangote and otedola to use for millions of Nigerians.

It's the poor man who cannot defend himself that you want to ride. The 860million is his own. If he decides to spend it all in one day it's not your business.

Bleep you
Bleep your counsellors
Bleep APC.

Pay that man his money.

Thieves.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by thedondada(m): 11:03am On Nov 14, 2017
FarahAideed:
Suddenly Nigerin govt cares about the welfare of its citizen grin grin grin, If the peeson that hid 43 million dollars in Ikoyi didnt run mad why should the whistle blower run mad because of money ...Me sha I know the guy wont see upto 5 million before he is killed by these greedy demons and his money redirected

God bless you for this statement. Who his the money isn't mad then who get a 5% of the money will go mad.

Chai chai. There really is God oh.

If you see as this matter is hurting me like I am the one affected.

Pay him his money.

Start a hashtag on Twitter.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by thedondada(m): 11:05am On Nov 14, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:

No govt will allow him spend such fund as he likes, he is getting it from the nation's economy, what if he moves all oversea, imagine taking 1bn out of an economy?
I just feel the govt should have stated all this t&c to his advocate or as part of the policy when the percentage was disclose, not the lies of he has been paid or he is insane.

Oga.

The money was missing oh. He found it. If he didn't talk won't economy continue. The cash was in a house Nigeria didn't collapse. He has even increased the money in Nigeria short his cut.

They should pay him

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by Psoul(m): 11:11am On Nov 14, 2017
Sagay said, “What I gathered from my inquiry is that the man is not sufficiently stable to receive such a huge sum of money. He is like someone who will almost run mental when he gets the money and will use it in an irresponsible manner, attracting not only undesirable people but even danger to himself.

He is not sufficiently stable to receive such a huge sum of money but he was sufficiently stable enough to give such a high security information even our detectives were not able to detect.

Abeg give him his money before i wooz una face. Imagine insult.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by showghan(m): 12:29pm On Nov 14, 2017

Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by baralatie(m): 12:30pm On Nov 14, 2017
raker300:
“Sagay said if the commission, which the whistle-blower claims is N860m, was given to him immediately; he probably would have squandered it within a month or two”.

Imagine this statement..

What is your business with what he does with his money?

Apc are the ones that are mad and spending all the money
Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by donoti23(m): 12:31pm On Nov 14, 2017
nah u wan mad e mad for em? is beta u pay him to be rich and mad Dan to be poor and be normal jawe......

in wizkid voice ==== are u gonna mad o if I show u d money.....
olosho voice====== show me d money o lemme mad for u....
Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 14, 2017
Teacher1776:
I hope all you future whistle blowers are learning. The whistle blower who deserve some form of protection from the real owners of the money has now been exposed to attack.
Lieyer Sagay has joined Lie Mohammed class. They should just admit it. They are angry with the guy for exposing Baba friends.

They have not told us who the apartment the money was found.
Maybe they will soon tell us the owner will run mad too.

That apartment belongs to APC and Buhari's corrupt cabals.
Re: We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay by musicwriter(m): 12:32pm On Nov 14, 2017
This government is truly incapacitated. The message this would send is warn any potential whistle-blower to desist from such. I can't help thinking whether they're actually doing this deliberately to discourage people from coming forward to expose the rot going on in government today.

And this also shows no single whistle-blower has been paid, contrary to Lai Mohamed's tales of Billions of Naira already paid out. Nobody received one kobo.

Trust this government at your own peril.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Many Employment Opportunities Have You Created?- Yoruba Youth Group Asks PMB / IGP, Adamu Visits Policemen Injured By Shi’ite Protesters [Photos] / Katsina Bandits Kill Alhaji Lado During Ramadan Prayers, Kidnap Wife, Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.