Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Abuja Court Sentences Two Civil Servants To 105 Years In Jail Over N1bn Scam - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abuja Court Sentences Two Civil Servants To 105 Years In Jail Over N1bn Scam (314 Views)

Abia Court Sentences Two Former Bakassi Operatives To Death By Hanging / Court Sentences Two To Death By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti / 2 Civil Servants Sentenced To 105 Years Imprisonment In Abuja Over 1bn Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Abuja Court Sentences Two Civil Servants To 105 Years In Jail Over N1bn Scam by TrapHedges(m): 7:44am On Nov 14, 2017
The EFCC yesterday secured the conviction of two former officials of the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation, OAGF, Mohammed Dogonyaro Audu (also known as Abdullahi Dogonyaro Mohammed) and Yahaya Ayodeji. Justice Yusuf Halilu of the Federal Capital Territory High Court, sitting in Jabi, Abuja found them guilty of a 10-count charge bordering on criminal conspiracy and complicity in award of contract to the tune of N1billion (One billion naira).
Trouble started for the duo after they allegedly abused their offices by floating companies through which they cornered contracts emanating from the Economic Reforms and Governance Project, ERGP, and Government Integrated Financial Management Information System, GIFMIS, domiciled in the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation.
Audu and Ayodeji had pleaded “not guilty” to the charges when they were arraigned on May 26, 2015, thereby setting the stage for their trial.
In the course of the trial, counsel to the EFCC, Cosmas Ugwu, presented three witnesses and tendered relevant documents which were all admitted in evidence.
Delivering his judgment, Justice Halilu said the prosecution had proved its case beyond reasonable doubt adding that, as public servants, the convicts abused their offices.
“I am not expected to remove or add anything before me. They (Audu and Ayodeji) took advantage of their offices and did what they did. For me, I do what my conscience and the law directs me to do”, the judge ruled.
He thereafter found Audu guilty on counts 1 to 10 and sentenced him to seven years on each count without an option of fine. Ayodeji was found guilty on counts 1, 3, 4, 5 and 9 and also sentenced to seven years on each count.
The sentences are to run concurrently.

lalasticlala mynd44

source : http://www.nemezu.com/2017/11/abuja-court-sentences-two-civil.html?m=1

Re: Abuja Court Sentences Two Civil Servants To 105 Years In Jail Over N1bn Scam by Baawaa(m): 7:51am On Nov 14, 2017
This shows that some cases need to be revisit,yes we all know them
Re: Abuja Court Sentences Two Civil Servants To 105 Years In Jail Over N1bn Scam by Settingz321(m): 7:56am On Nov 14, 2017
Foolish and incompetent court system, they can sentence these people with haste but would give an option of fine to allegation cases like saraki, patience, stella odua and every other politician thieves
Re: Abuja Court Sentences Two Civil Servants To 105 Years In Jail Over N1bn Scam by Mynd44: 8:10am On Nov 14, 2017

(1)

Kidnap Of 4 Britons: Delta Police Declares Militant Leader, Gbakumor Wanted / Lord Of The Keys: Woman Caught With Thousands Of Keys She Uses For Stealing / Judge Orders Temporary Forfeiture Of N1.5 Billion Properties Linked To Alison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.