Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,629 members, 7,820,221 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Comparing Major Players In The Nigerian SEO Industry. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Comparing Major Players In The Nigerian SEO Industry. (376 Views)

Comparing Adsense, Propeller Ads Etc / 10 Major Reasons For A Slow Website Speed / 5 Major Reasons Why Most Online Business Fail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Comparing Major Players In The Nigerian SEO Industry. by shugarush92(m): 11:25am On Nov 14, 2017
There is an old Greek adage that says “In comparison do we know our strengths and weaknesses”. Comparing brands is an age long tradition in business, how do we know which offers us value for our penny if we don’t compare them? Now don’t get me wrong, nothing is perfect that I am fully and un equivocally aware of but let’s say some are more close to perfection than others.

SEO (Search Engine Optimization) in lay man terms is a systematic process of improving a website’s or page’s visibility to users on the internet. Period! Don’t allow any digital marketer or sales person spoil your eardrum with anything more. Since we know that above 90% of traffic is directed from search engines such as Google, Bing, Amazon, Baidu, etc. Your website visibility is dependent on the way it is ranked or viewed by these search engines.

Now that we know that our websites are like beautiful brides that need to be seen by everyone at the Wedding. Let us now look deeper into the so called “Big Boys” in the Nigerian SEO Business and how they stack up against each other.

I am kicking off with Siscomedia Limited’s SEO Services. Now first off, the definition and breakdown did it for me when it comes to these guys at Siscomedia. By going through their site I understood the basics of what SEO was all about, how they could help me achieve what I was looking for as it came to my website’s visibility and much more. They also have a free “Competitor URL Checker(with link, keyword and email options), a thorough break down of their services ranging from Competitor analysis, research for targeted keywords, optimized content creation, submission of articles to directories etc.. But what finally sold me was the Testimonials by satisfied clients and “FREE SEO AUDIT” offer, as a guy who loves awoof! I just couldn’t resist. Then on a not so positive note, I kind of felt that the SEO Picture used on the site could be better and the if the prices stated for the services were even negotiable.

I then looked at another major player in the SEO industry, Crank Digital. I am a very hard guy to impress but the design of their site is just amazing, felt like doing my honeymoon in the site. They did the needful by telling me what SEO was all about maybe not as in depth as Siscomedia Limited. One highlight of their pitch was “Your website can generate significant revenue but without online visibility, it will struggle”, it was like an advice from Aristotle himself…very clear and precise. Then I think they lost my vote by broadening out to Social media optimization, Search engine management (what’s the difference), Content marketing and List building. Aren’t all these meant to be under the SEO package? Or they just wanna double bill? Your guess is as good as mine.

Finally I had the unfortunate pleasure of looking at SEOinNigeria.com, Asides the atrocious name; I mean who ever came up with that name should be deported.  I didn’t see any tangible content as to what SEO was all about as a novice that I am, there we no break down or staging of services to be rendered under the package, no testimonials from happy clients rather they were more interested in shoving their digital marketing pitch by so doing deviating from what their name implies. Plus they had the audacity to advertise Web Designing also, then why name yourself SEO in the first place? Why not SEO AND WEB DESIGNING AND HOSTING IN NIGERIA? So that we will know that it’s their birth right. Let me just stop there as it concerns SEO in Nigeria because I am already pissed at them for wasting my data.

In conclusion, companies like Crank Digital and Siscomedia Limited are on the right track as it concerns SEO in Nigeria…lol. But more needs to be done in terms of awareness of why SEO is so important to business owners who have their brands online and how much they stand to gain from delving into this virgin land called SEO in Nigeria. Someone should please sue those people!... Remember “Without online visibility, your online business will struggle”

(1) (Reply)

Take Your Business Online / Are You A Blog Owner Looking For More Writers And Organic Traffic? / Earn $5 when you buy hosting of $1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.