Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,115 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Nigerians For Sale In Libya: Where Lives Are Auctioned For $400 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians For Sale In Libya: Where Lives Are Auctioned For $400 (29950 Views)

Nigerian Migrants Cry Out After Being Locked Up In Prison In Libya. Photos / The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe / Nigerians Are Auctioned As Slaves In Libya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians For Sale In Libya: Where Lives Are Auctioned For $400 by ChurchLeaders(m): 11:05pm On Nov 14, 2017
May God help Nigeria ooo
Re: Nigerians For Sale In Libya: Where Lives Are Auctioned For $400 by habsydiamond(m): 10:42am On Nov 15, 2017
slave trade just dey start for libya. that country is under a spell I think. after the death of Gaddafi, the citizens have been behaving as if they have been bewitched.... #releasenigerianslaves

1 Like

Re: Nigerians For Sale In Libya: Where Lives Are Auctioned For $400 by Godson201333(m): 9:23am On Nov 16, 2017
How can you spend a million plus on illegal trip when you can easily invest the money in your country and travel legally?

Or it is me that didnt understand the last line?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians For Sale In Libya: Where Lives Are Auctioned For $400 by suyamasta(m): 1:05pm On Nov 16, 2017
This one break ma heart!
Re: Nigerians For Sale In Libya: Where Lives Are Auctioned For $400 by TheCongo2: 8:02am On Nov 20, 2017
Einl:

That’s why I said in my postscript that if u wanna go to another country, go there legally. Avoid all these stories.

I feel so sad when I see Nigerians been sold, or killed or enslaved by other people.
I watched a video where a Russian guy was torturing Nigerian prostitutes and I cried. I also watched the one where the Libyanguys beheaded another Nigerian girl.

Stay in or get a visa.

That should be a hashtag.

And how did you know those victims were Nigerians?
It seems to me that from the perception of many here, any black person who makes the news is Nigerians.
Can you provide the link to those videos you saw
Re: Nigerians For Sale In Libya: Where Lives Are Auctioned For $400 by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 20, 2017
Libya opens investigation into slave auctions following CNN report

(CNN) Libyan authorities have launched a formal investigation into slave auctions in the country following an exclusive CNN report earlier this week, the government said Friday.

"A high-level committee has been convened encompassing representatives from all the security apparatus to oversee this investigation," Anes Alazabi, an official with the internationally recognized government of Libya's Anti-Illegal Immigration Agency, told CNN.
"Priorities of the investigation are not only to convict those responsible for these inhumane acts, but also to identify the location of those who have been sold in order to bring them to safety and return them to their countries of origin."

Alazabi's agency will be overseeing the probe. Part of its work will be to assess whether all the locations of these auctions are under the control of the United Nations-backed Government of National Accord (GNA) in Tripoli.
The International Organization for Migration, an intergovernmental organization based in Geneva that focuses on migration management, welcomed the investigation. But its chief of mission for Libya warned in an interview with CNN's Nima Elbagir "that the smuggling networks are becoming stronger, more organized and better equipped."
"We definitely welcome the news for any investigation and we hope that this will cover not only this case but definitely all the cases of abuse and violence against migrants in Libya," Othman Belbeisi said from Tunis.

By Lauren Said-Moorhouse, CNN
Re: Nigerians For Sale In Libya: Where Lives Are Auctioned For $400 by Einl(m): 9:57am On Nov 20, 2017
TheCongo2:

And how did you know those victims were Nigerians?
It seems to me that from the perception of many here, any black person who makes the news is Nigerians.
Can you provide the link to those videos you saw

Nigerians have a very strong and distinct accent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Luggage Above N50,000 Attract Duties - Customs Reminds Passengers / Truck Crushes Man To Death In Port Harcourt (photos) / Three Die In Lagos Bus Explosion (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.