Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,039,483 members, 7,456,588 topics. Date: Friday, 09 June 2023 at 10:09 AM
Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ask 10 Questions With Grant Elvis (344 Views)
Top 10 Questions You Need To Ask Your Interviewer / Oluwaseyi Shorinola, Emmanuel Balogun, Rufus Akinyemi Get $391500 Research Grant / Interview Questions With Some Perfect Ways Of Answering (2) (3) (4)
|Ask 10 Questions With Grant Elvis by senatorebeano(m): 2:15pm On Nov 14, 2017|
<img src="http://economicplatform.ng/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/ask-1-300x244.jpg" alt="" width="300" height="244" class="alignnone size-medium wp-image-3806" />
Photography- it never changes, even when the people in it do.
A wise man once said, “Photography is an art of observation. It’s about finding something interesting in an ordinary place… I’ve found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.”
Well, It’s no secret that you my dear reader love pictures as much as I do I mean we live in the age where taking a good picture could change your story for good.
In truth, I love taking photos, so do you. You love looking at amazing photography, and I love discovering new pics and photographers whose vision I fall in love with at first sight.
Today I want to share with you excerpts from my interview with a photographer, and a great friend of mine.
<img src="http://economicplatform.ng/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/ask-2-205x300.jpg" alt="" width="205" height="300" class="alignnone size-medium wp-image-3807" />
1.Tell us a bit about yourself – growing up, childhood memories, education and career?
2.What inspires your photography – nature, people, etc?
3.What kind of photography is your primary focus, and why?
4.Which photographers do you look up to and in what ways have they influenced your work?
5.Can you share some of your landmark achievements in the last few years with us, especially as regards photography?
6.How do you constantly seek to improve your art?
7.What are your dreams and goals for the next five years, especially in photography?
8.What else do you do aside photography, and how do you spend your leisure time?
9.Which (major) photo exhibitions have you participated in and what major projects have you worked on so far?
10.What is your thought on the future of entrepreneurship in Africa and how can you encourage others to look beyond the situation in Nigeria and forge a part towards success in Nigeria?
<img src="http://economicplatform.ng/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/ask-3-240x300.jpg" alt="" width="240" height="300" class="alignnone size-medium wp-image-3808" />
<img src="http://economicplatform.ng/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/ask-4-240x300.jpg" alt="" width="240" height="300" class="alignnone size-medium wp-image-3811" />
1. I am Uzoanya Chijioke Grant. I hail from Umuda Isingwu in Abia state Nigeria. I began my early life in Jos Nigeria. I attended Corona private school, Jos then proceeded to the prestigious Air Force Military school Jos where we were trained to strive to excel. I further gained admission into Bowen University to study Biochemistry which I did for 4 years and was awarded the prestigious bachelor's of science degree in biochemistry in the year 2014.
<img src="http://economicplatform.ng/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/ask-5-240x300.jpg" alt="" width="240" height="300" class="alignnone size-medium wp-image-3812" />
2. I developed love for photography in my final year while studying biochemistry. I loved to be in the midst of great events so I thought it wise to preserve such events for a life time and the only way out was to capture appealing images that will stand the taste of time.
I am highly inspired by people. I love to preserve smiles....
3. I have placed my hands on the various kinds of photography ranging from portraits, beauty, street, events, wildlife and lots more and I finally made a decision to stick with Portrait Photography and Wedding Photography.
I simply love these two because of the emotions behind them. I believe Portrait should carry some form of energy and a great message. Weddings should be preserved for a lifetime.
<img src="http://economicplatform.ng/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/ask-6-199x300.jpg" alt="" width="199" height="300" class="alignnone size-medium wp-image-3813" />
<img src="http://economicplatform.ng/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/ask-7-217x300.jpg" alt="" width="217" height="300" class="alignnone size-medium wp-image-3814" />
<img src="http://economicplatform.ng/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/ask-8-300x300.jpg" alt="" width="300" height="300" class="alignnone size-medium wp-image-3817" />
4. Wow this is hard because every photographer has something to offer. Photography is an art and art is a man's own way of expressing the content of the mind nevertheless I strongly look up to some great personalities. Fabolousbanji, Emmanuel Oyeleke, TY Bello, Jide Odukoya, Jide Alakija and host of others.
These guys have really inspired my art a lot. Talking of Fabolousbanji his portraits give me life. TY Bello is a goddess, Emmanuel Oyeleke work refines my mind telling me that I haven't started yet. Jide Odukoya and Jide Lakija are amazing wedding photographers that I wonder where they position themselves in the midst of the great crowd to get outstanding images.
These guys have given me enough reason never to quit photography.
5. I wouldn't want to dwell much on this but I must say God has been faithful. It is still a work in progress I know.
6. I constantly look at other peoples art and constructively analyse it to further understand the photographers mindset. This helps me to think of how to create something better. I watch lots of tutorials and I also engage in meaningful discussions with other creatives.
<img src="http://economicplatform.ng/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/ask-9-204x300.jpg" alt="" width="204" height="300" class="alignnone size-medium wp-image-3818" />
7.Hmmmmm taking about dreams. I want to be a household name as regards to wedding photography. I want also create a community of graduate photographers all around Africa and eventually the world at large <img src="http://economicplatform.ng/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/ask-10-201x300.jpg" alt="" width="201" height="300" class="alignnone size-medium wp-image-3819" />
8. I sleep when I am free. I cherish my bed because as a professional Photographer you rarely have enough sleeping time because clients will never allow you to. I also create time to be with loved ones as much as possible.
Continue reading at :http://economicplatform.ng/wp-admin/post.php?post=3816&action=edit or visit http://asamuelking..com.ng
HSE And Oil And Gas Free Professional Training With Int'l Certification / You Don't Need A Job, You Need Empowerself Training. Then Create The Job / SQL And PL/SQL Fundamentals!
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59